Magnum's surf ski

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MAGNUM308
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Magnum's surf ski

#1 Post by MAGNUM308 »

does anybody know if they still make a surf ski like magnum's and where you can get one without paying a fortune (i.e. used)?

Waltstasz
Admiral

#2 Post by Waltstasz »

This might not be that helpful, but you could always try ebay. There are a couple of surf-skis for sale here. One of them looked a bit like Magnum's. Shipping would probably be a lot for something so big though...
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Frodoleader »

I once saw on another website (I believe it was Marcos Magnum PI Page - now down because of some German copyright issues) a photo of the actual surfski used in the series. It was sitting in some warehouse that had a bunch of Magnum PI and Hawaii Five O stuff stored in it. It was kinda sad really.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#4 Post by N1095A »

Frodoleader wrote:I once saw on another website (I believe it was Marcos Magnum PI Page - now down because of some German copyright issues) a photo of the actual surfski used in the series. It was sitting in some warehouse that had a bunch of Magnum PI and Hawaii Five O stuff stored in it. It was kinda sad really.
That was the old studio used for H5-0 and MPI. I saw photo of the surf ski hanging there as well. Kind of sad when you think about it. I always thought it would be a great usable piece of memorabilia. I think you have to buy a surf ski according to your measurements, and since TS and I are the same height, I always thought it would fit me.
"But Higgins, I can explain."