Simon & Simon DVDs

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Simon & Simon DVDs

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

Good news for Simon & Simon fans! Season Two was finally released on DVD in February after a long hiatus (Season One was released way back in 2006) and Season Three is coming out in August. Universal sold the distribution rights to a company called Shout! Factory, which put together the DVDs. The reviews have been positive as to the quality of the DVD transfers.

I'm so glad the DVDs didn't die. This is one show that really deserves to have a complete set on DVD!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

Thursday nights were always MPI ans S&S nights for me. My 2 favorite shows. S&S had a much different feel to it than MPI, but they shared common elements that made them compliment each other so well.
Where else could you see a $60K Ferrari, next to a beat up old Dodge truck, and want both?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I may have to check these out on Netflix. I loved watching Simon and Simon back in the day. I always thought of them as a version of the Odd Couple.

N1095A

#4 Post by N1095A »

I was watching the Simon & Simon episode "Art For Arthur's Sake" and discovered two things. First, I confirmed my long standing belief that AJ wore the Rolex GMT Pepsi like TM, and secondly, Rick uses the same alarm clock as TM. Interesting, at least to me.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Frodoleader »

Question for those watching S&S nowadays. We often say MPI still holds up after 20+ years: how about S&S? Does it still "hold up" also?
It was on our list of must watch TV shows back in the day (Thursday nights: MPI, S&S, and Hill Street Blues).
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

N1095A

#6 Post by N1095A »

Frodoleader wrote:Question for those watching S&S nowadays. We often say MPI still holds up after 20+ years: how about S&S? Does it still "hold up" also?
It was on our list of must watch TV shows back in the day (Thursday nights: MPI, S&S, and Hill Street Blues).
In my opinion, S&S holds up well in spite of the fact that like MPI it is dated. The only thing lacking is current technology. The two shows have a chemistry that is timeless. I have no doubt that either show could begin it's respective run today and with a little tweaking to incoporate the technology aspect, could be successful. It's proof of the quality of both shows. They were character driven, and the strong characters transend time. My kinship to MPI is much stronger than to S&S, but I loved both shows then, and now.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#7 Post by J.J. Walters »

Don't miss the "Roid Rage" episode. It's so bad, it's good. ;)

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#8 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Season four will be released on April 6th.

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Seaver41 »

solid show...........not the most dynamic, but the lead characters grew on you. Problem was it ran up against must see tv on NBC..........CHEERS. That was a tough battle. Inevitably I would catch Simon/Simon repeats during the summer.

Carmen
MPI

#10 Post by Carmen »

Started to rewatch S&S some time ago, it´s on FOX here in Germany. I still enjoy it very much, but starting season 2 they left out the first episode!!! How very disappointing :cry:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#11 Post by Tom_Magnum »

Season 4 is coming out in April 2010.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

Awesome!

Simon & Simon, Mannix, Tales of the Gold Monkey, The Brady Bunch... so many desired DVDs! So little time! So little expendable money!

BobBlusoe
Commander
Location: Currently staying in the guest house at the Robin Masters Estate

#13 Post by BobBlusoe »

I found Simon and Simon from the Magnum PI season 1 DVD. Now it will probably take the place of MPI once I'm done with Season 8 of MPI, so I can continue to feel that same feeling while watching TV. Season 1 is coming with Season 6 of MPI in the mail now. :D I'm so excited!

Mr. Greene
Rear Admiral

#14 Post by Mr. Greene »

Just picked up season 5 of S&S was trying to get it at Barnes & Noble but I guess you can only get it from Shout Factory, dont know whats going on wiht that. anyway it begs the next question, when is season 6 coming?

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

For fans of Simon & Simon, Hulu has the first 3 seasons availble to watch.