Higgins (John Hillerman) Current State of Health ?

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kimbosan
Captain

Higgins (John Hillerman) Current State of Health ?

#1 Post by Kimbosan »

Hi Guys,

I read somewhere I think it the comments were post the hero awards that JH was in a poor state of health, does anyone know his current situation as he seems to have disappeared from site, not forgetting he was the other major character that pulled the show together….could you imagine a show without Higgins? Not…..Let’s see if we can resurrect Higgins and see if anyone has any news…..

Regards

Kimbosan
Kimbosan

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I know there has been some mention of it, but I also have seen where he retired and wanted to be out of the public eye. I'm not sure what the true case is, but I wish Mr. Hillerman the best regardless of the circumstances.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#3 Post by Italian Ice »

This may be why he wasn't at the awards ceremony. It doesn't look like they may all get together for a movie unless he's ok.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

A reliable source has informed me that John Hillerman is NOT in ill-health, and never really has been. He's just been living a comfortable life of retirement, completely out of the spotlight. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#5 Post by rubber chicken »

I'm very glad to hear it, James. I've wondered if the ill health rumors came about because of the lack of information about Mr. Hillerman in recent years, and it seems that's the case. I wish Mr. Hillerman well in his mission to live a normal life. :)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

That's great to hear, and it is also nice to know that he is just trying to enjoy a well deserved retirement. Thanks for the scoop James!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#7 Post by N1095A »

James J. Walters wrote:A reliable source has informed me that John Hillerman is NOT in ill-health, and never really has been. He's just been living a comfortable life of retirement, completely out of the spotlight. :)
That's good to hear. I suspected that. (See my earlier post). As I said before, from reading the articles in the "Print Media" section, I kind of got an impression of what Mr. Hilerman (not JQH) is like, and I can completely see this as the case. I first became aware of him in Blazing Saddles, and right thru MPI, This idea just fits him. I wish him well, and if he by chance ever sees this, I want to say Thank You for all the great entertainment. He's one of a kind.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Coops »

Last I heard he lives on the west side of Houston, just north of I-10. I've always wanted to drive by his house just to wave as I went by but I haven't done it yet. Maybe one day soon...

gmt16750
Captain

#9 Post by gmt16750 »

James J. Walters wrote:A reliable source has informed me that John Hillerman is NOT in ill-health, and never really has been. He's just been living a comfortable life of retirement, completely out of the spotlight. :)
I suspect James J. Walters is actually John Hillerman (being himself Robin Masters) and answering all our questions from his well deserved retirement, with the lads that stand guard over his nest.
:wink:
Last edited by gmt16750 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#10 Post by N1095A »

Wow! Higgins is Robin Masters, James is John Hillerman? EPIC!!
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#11 Post by Doc Ibold »

gmt16750 wrote:
I suspect James J. Walters is actually John Hillerman (being himself Robin Masters) and answering all our questions from his well deserved retirement, with the lads that stand guard over his nest.
I'm taking this ball and running with it!!!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

Doc Ibold wrote:
gmt16750 wrote:
"I-I'm laughing at the sheer absurdity of the accusation."

:)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#13 Post by Agatha »

That's an absolutely DELICIOUS idea, gmt!!

Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

gmt16750
Captain

#14 Post by gmt16750 »

just a "paper war" like idea, Agatha ;)
happy to have found this great forum, congratulations to the people who set it up !
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

PatBe
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#15 Post by PatBe »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Doc Ibold wrote:
gmt16750 wrote:
"I-I'm laughing at the sheer absurdity of the accusation."

You laugh, but don't say that it's false :) :lol:
it would be the coolest idea, if it was true..

J.H running that site, as Higgins could have done it : respectfull for the HTML rules, not wanting vulgar advertisment, giving everyone an equal treatment, making it a non profit organisation, always showing the good and clever parts of the people, and from time to time, enjoying a glass of Cognac, while readings all the posts on the forum... :P
Oh, I'm sad that it may not be true, but I'm sure that J.H will have done that site just the way you have done it !
edit: P-s: the Lads are now called "Fire" and "Wall" :lol: