TC's Bus

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

archie
Ensign

TC's Bus

#1 Post by archie »

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with pics of TC's Volkwagon Type25 bus as I am wanting to paint mine as a replica. Many thanks Arch

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#2 Post by rubber chicken »

Here's one I had on hand, from Round and Around (6.6)...

Hey James, a tiny detail... you may want to make it Vanagon "GL" on the Ferrari page (as it's seen in the photo). The wiki page says the GL "had the nicest amenities", and that included heated mirrors! ;)

edit - Here's a few more, from The Treasure of Kalaniopu'u (6.9)...

Last edited by rubber chicken on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ahh, didn't know it was a GL! I've updated the page. Thanks RC!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

paperwar
Commander

#4 Post by paperwar »

Shoot me PMl and i send you a photo of my original vanagon from the series. Mine has also some gun shot damage...

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome to the boards Archie, and I've gotta see pictures of your van when you do this! Maybe you can post some before and after pics!

archie
Ensign

Many Thanks

#6 Post by archie »

Thankyou all for a nice warm welcome and all your help. I'm in the UK so she will be RHD. Shall have to get on US Ebay and get a vanagon badge. Project will prob take some time.I have some one wanting to park his 308 next to it already! I'll try and swap keys while he's not looking :lol:

Obviously any more pics and hopefully some colour codes for paint will be much appreciated :D

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#7 Post by N1095A »

Not the best quality photos, but interesting none the less. I found this on Ebay a while back. It appears they used TC's Vanagon in a magazine road test.
Image Image
By the way, the helicopter is a Marine Corps CH53 Super Stallion. That would have been an interesting choice for TC's charter service TM could never afford the gas money for that one! :lol:
"But Higgins, I can explain."

paperwar
Commander

#8 Post by paperwar »

Yeah, they ordered 6 cars and one was touring through the states back then in the 80`s, promoting that wasserboxer motor. It was the first kind of that type of motor used in a vanagon produced by VW. Magnum pi was a very important TV series at that time, so VW USA decided to use one of the production hired prop vanagons to do the promotion tour through the states. I was in contact with VW USA to track down with them, wether my vanagon was propably that one they used for promotion and touring arround, but the person who was responsible for this event doesn't work anymore for VW. :cry:

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#9 Post by N1095A »

paperwar wrote:Yeah, they ordered 6 cars and one was touring through the states back then in the 80`s, promoting that wasserboxer motor. It was the first kind of that type of motor used in a vanagon produced by VW. Magnum pi was a very important TV series at that time, so VW USA decided to use one of the production hired prop vanagons to do the promotion tour through the states. I was in contact with VW USA to track down with them, wether my vanagon was propably that one they used for promotion and touring arround, but the person who was responsible for this event doesn't work anymore for VW. :cry:
Whoa! Hold the phone there. Are you saying you own one of the production Vanagons? Is that what you're telling us? If so you posess one of the most significant pieces of MPI memorabilia among us! Please, you have to post some pictures for us. Also, you simply must share how you came about owning such a treasure.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

paperwar
Commander

#10 Post by paperwar »

Yeah indeed, i own one. :D

As far as i know is mine one of the last two remaining vanagons in existance, maybe the last one with it`s original paint.

I saved it to to protect it from scrapping.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Sam »

PW..Is this you van? It's located in Oregon.

paperwar
Commander

#12 Post by paperwar »

Nope. I have to compare with the photos i have from the second vanagon. But i believe it was from Oregon.

I post a photo of my vanagon later.

edit: sorry cannot upload pics.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#13 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Paperwar I'm impressed! I can't wait to see some pictures!

paperwar
Commander

#14 Post by paperwar »

Of course i would love to share a pic of my vanagon with you, but sadly have no possibility to upload a pic, as this forum doesn't have an upload function/possibility.

PW

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Sam »

PW...If you'd like to email them to me,I can post them.