5%

Total votes: 78

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re:

#61 Post by ConchRepublican »

No need to know! wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:
rubber chicken wrote:I loved Big Wednesday when I saw it maybe five years ago, but now I can't even picture her in the movie.

She was also in Mr. Majestyk with Bronson. That makes her ok in my book. ;)
Great movie.
Quick search result - "Vince Majestyk (Charles Bronson) is a former U. S. Army Ranger instructor and Vietnam War veteran who now owns a remote watermelon farm in rural Colorado"

Watermelons? Colorado? Really?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

#62 Post by Kevster »

She was also in Mr. Majestyk with Bronson. That makes her ok in my book. ;)
Great movie.
Quick search result - "Vince Majestyk (Charles Bronson) is a former U. S. Army Ranger instructor and Vietnam War veteran who now owns a remote watermelon farm in rural Colorado"

Watermelons? Colorado? Really?
Actually, it sounds like they blended a couple of Bronson movies together here...
Trust Me!!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Old Acquaintance (6.3)

#63 Post by J.J. Walters »

Doc Fred wrote:Despite Rodney, who was terrific, and the usual back forth between the four main guys, I couldn't stand this one because of that obnoxious, horrible beast.... annoying isn't nearly a strong enough word to describe her. She's almost all that I've ever disliked in people, from her attitude to her politics... As I watched the episode, I mumbled under my breath at her all the way from the time we learn of her history to the end... She was totally unlikeable. To me, she was the actress whose name I refuse to ever say again.

Because of her, I voted 4.0, the worst show of the series. To beat out a couple of the others, it took someone like her. I absolutely never liked "Ms." Jones or the Cassie characters, but at least they had some redeeming qualities...
Hehe! Ah, but we must remember that her character was supposed to be unlikeable, especially to Magnum. This, in turn, made nearly every scene with her and Magnum pretty darn funny. Just the look on Magnum's face in half of his interactions with her was priceless. You could almost read his mind as he was thinking to himself, "Jesus, why in the world was I with this chick in High School??" :)

Still though, as unlikeable and annoying as she was, her heart was in the right place. It's a noble endeavor to devout your life to saving animals. And really, no dolphin should ever suffer the indignity and downright cruelty of having a bomb strapped to its back! ;)

Worst episode of the series? Come on, you know you laughed your ass off when Magnum says, "Yes, I remember. You felt that football was uncivilized, that it encouraged students to acts of violence, rather than rational, intellectual discussions. So, at halftime, during the Homecoming game, you... burned down the goalposts." That alone should elevate it from the bottom of the barrel.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Fred
Admiral

#64 Post by Doc Fred »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Doc Fred wrote:Despite Rodney, who was terrific, and the usual back forth between the four main guys, I couldn't stand this one because of that obnoxious, horrible beast.... annoying isn't nearly a strong enough word to describe her. She's almost all that I've ever disliked in people, from her attitude to her politics... As I watched the episode, I mumbled under my breath at her all the way from the time we learn of her history to the end... She was totally unlikeable. To me, she was the actress whose name I refuse to ever say again.

Because of her, I voted 4.0, the worst show of the series. To beat out a couple of the others, it took someone like her. I absolutely never liked "Ms." Jones or the Cassie characters, but at least they had some redeeming qualities...
Hehe! Ah, but we must remember that her character was supposed to be unlikeable, especially to Magnum. This, in turn, made nearly every scene with her and Magnum pretty darn funny. Just the look on Magnum's face in half of his interactions with her was priceless. You could almost read his mind as he was thinking to himself, "Jesus, why in the world was I with this chick in High School??" :)

Still though, as unlikeable and annoying as she was, her heart was in the right place. It's a noble endeavor to devout your life to saving animals. And really, no dolphin should ever suffer the indignity and downright cruelty of having a bomb strapped to its back! ;)

Worst episode of the series? Come on, you know you laughed your ass off when Magnum says, "Yes, I remember. You felt that football was uncivilized, that it encouraged students to acts of violence, rather than rational, intellectual discussions. So, at halftime, during the Homecoming game, you... burned down the goalposts." That alone should elevate it from the bottom of the barrel.
Yes, I realize she was supposed to be the way she was... well, she and the writers did a good job of making me, shall I say, dislike her.

Agreed about not liking indiscriminate killing of animals for no legitimate reason... I have never hunted and never will...

Yeah, it's still the worst episode to me... she ticked me off all the way through the entire show after we met her... I didn't think there were many bad shows in the series, and even the ones that were a bit weak had something in them that I liked... not so with this one. Well, to each their own. :)
Woof, woof... thirty years uglier!... woof, woof...

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#65 Post by ConchRepublican »

Doc Fred wrote:Yeah, it's still the worst episode to me... she ticked me off all the way through the entire show after we met her... I didn't think there were many bad shows in the series, and even the ones that were a bit weak had something in them that I liked... not so with this one. Well, to each their own. :)
C'mon Fred, turn that frown upside down, it's Magnum!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Doc Fred
Admiral

#66 Post by Doc Fred »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Doc Fred wrote:Yeah, it's still the worst episode to me... she ticked me off all the way through the entire show after we met her... I didn't think there were many bad shows in the series, and even the ones that were a bit weak had something in them that I liked... not so with this one. Well, to each their own. :)
C'mon Fred, turn that frown upside down, it's Magnum!
:D I will find something good in almost every episode, but the gal in this episode, the character and not the actress, was the prototype of someone I have never been able to stomach. But, you're right, it's Magnum, my all-time favorite tv show. Well, maybe after Howdy Doody when I was a kid. :lol:

BTW, I enjoy reading your posts...
Woof, woof... thirty years uglier!... woof, woof...

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#67 Post by Doc Ibold »

Rodney Radcliffe was a plus. We found out TC has the Van and the Chopper custom detailed by him, Higgins quoting Emily Dickenson.

It has its moments, but at least the woman is no Shelley Faraday!

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#68 Post by The Birdman »

Was Morgan Freeman in this episode? On the boat a guy who sounded an aweful lot like morgan freeman argues with the general (or whatever) I couldn't really tell if it was him, kinda looked like him, hard to imagine him that young, but sure sounded like freeman.
Uh PHRASING!!!!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#69 Post by Doc Ibold »

The Birdman wrote:Was Morgan Freeman in this episode? On the boat a guy who sounded an aweful lot like morgan freeman argues with the general (or whatever) I couldn't really tell if it was him, kinda looked like him, hard to imagine him that young, but sure sounded like freeman.
Nope, that would be Hari Rhodes

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#70 Post by Italian Ice »

Ok wait a second...

They didn't remove the bomb from the dolphin. Did the bomb just blow up and shoot the dolphin into the air alive?
No way the dolphin would have taken off the device himself. What happened there ?!?!!?!?
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#71 Post by J.J. Walters »

Italian Ice wrote:Ok wait a second...

They didn't remove the bomb from the dolphin. Did the bomb just blow up and shoot the dolphin into the air alive?
No way the dolphin would have taken off the device himself. What happened there ?!?!!?!?
It sacrificed itself so the lives of the many could be saved... But seriously, I can't remember now how the dolphin got rid of the bomb! :shock:

"A dolphin is a mammal, not a fish." :lol:

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#72 Post by Doc Ibold »

Didn't they dive in, not get the bomb off, then dove in again.. Then came up with a downer look.. Then it went all flipper?

That's how I remember it

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by Milton Collins »

I actually liked this episode and gave it an 8. Yes of course Goldie was annoying and her past with Magnum didn't really fit but A) she was fairly attractive and B) I'm a sucker for Dolphins and sea creatures lol. If I can be honest, I found Rodney Radcliffe to be FAR more annoying than Goldie. He was an abrasive, rude jerk! I'll go as far as to say he's in my top five least favorite characters of the entire series (non villain of course). He didn't fit at all as a friend of TC's. Anyway, I like all the episodes having to do with the sea and dolphins, Sharks, etc. good episode!

J. Rickley Schneider
Lieutenant

#74 Post by J. Rickley Schneider »

I liked Goldie Morris because she looked and acted like a young Jane Fonda.

I'm 180 degrees from Jane Fonda politically, but for some reason I like it when attractive women spout off on boutique liberal causes.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#75 Post by J.J. Walters »

Like Kirsten Powers? He-llo! :)