6.0 (Pretty Bad)
2%
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 107

Magnums Little Voice
Lieutenant Commander

#11 Post by Magnums Little Voice »

Just been reading everyones reviews of this and some real interesting ones, dont know about anyone else but I found the Higgins story more interesting than the Magnum one, I feel they could have dedicated an entire episode to this, as it's not everyday Higgins says he will marry!!!
Also found the scene when Higgins had to let down Agather very touching, I really felt for her and Higgins, I dont no if it's just me or I didnt notice before but Higgins character at times has become much more sencere, I noticed it from middle of season four up to this episode, im really enjoying Higgins's character more now than ever!! :D

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#12 Post by Doc Ibold »

Magnums Little Voice wrote:Just been reading everyones reviews of this and some real interesting ones, dont know about anyone else but I found the Higgins story more interesting than the Magnum one, I feel they could have dedicated an entire episode to this, as it's not everyday Higgins says he will marry!!!
Also found the scene when Higgins had to let down Agather very touching, I really felt for her and Higgins, I dont no if it's just me or I didnt notice before but Higgins character at times has become much more sencere, I noticed it from middle of season four up to this episode, im really enjoying Higgins's character more now than ever!! :D
Higgins is like a fine wine, he gets better with time.

To me, he's up there at Magnum level.

He started off as a dictator who wanted nothing to do with Magnum and his escapades, then begrudging accomplice, then accomplice, then willing accomplice, then friend.

The more they opened up Higgins' character, the more human characteristics showed up, so now instead of a tyrant, he's just a slightly anal-retentive guy with a penchant for dobermans and khakis.

:lol:

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#13 Post by rubber chicken »

The home of Diane & Diedre Dupres is located here in Makiki Heights.

It's now known as The Spalding House, or maybe simply The Contemporary Museum Honolulu, of which it is the main building. This former home is just to the NNE of the home of Mitsu McWilliams from The Taking of Dick McWilliams (2.10), which is also part of The Contemporary Museum Honolulu, and I believe is known as the William Twigg-Smith Gallery. This is a great opportunity for Magnum fans traveling to Oahu to see two locations from the show, inside and out. It seems visitors are free to room the property as they please.

From this page (check the great picture to see where Magnum and Diedre are having their conversation - you can also see where TC lands his chopper in the yard to the right):
The Contemporary Museum, Honolulu (2411 Makiki Heights Drive, 808-526-1322; www.tcmhi.org), above left, swaddled in green and with a panoramic view, features a setting and architecture that are as much a draw as its art collection. The gardens, built by a Japanese garden master, the Rev. K. H. Inagaki, in the 1920’s, encourage contemplative strolls around a gracious estate built in 1925 by Alice Cooke Spalding, founder of the Honolulu Academy of Arts. The gardens’ serenity complements the gracefulness of George Rickey’s kinetic sculptures and Deborah Butterfield’s larger-than-life signature horse.
The museum also has a nice cafe. (Check out more great pictures on that page.) Looks likes a great way for a Magnum P.I. fan to possibly have lunch and wonder around Magnum filming locations.
Last edited by rubber chicken on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#14 Post by golfmobile »

RC,

Okay, cool! That's a great to have found (though I personally didn't like these episodes directly BECAUSE of Sharon Stone, who, only in my opinion, canNOT act! But I've already discussed that.). Anyway, Larry likes botanical stuff, so I can probably get him to go here -- he just won't
know WHY!! :lol: :lol:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#15 Post by J.J. Walters »

rubber chicken wrote:This is a great opportunity for Magnum fans traveling to Oahu to see two locations from the show, inside and out. It seems visitors are free to room the property as they please.
Yes!! I'm there! :)

Thanks again RC!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

bbert73
Lieutenant

Question about Echoes of the Mind (1) 5.1

#16 Post by bbert73 »

Does anyone know the name of the song that's playing in the background that Higgins is listening to, when Magnum walks in. I think it was in the middle of the episode. I just saw this episode today on Sleuth for the first time since the original airing, and I have this song in my head and can't get rid of it.
Thanks!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#17 Post by rubber chicken »

I assume you're asking about the song in 5.1, around 20 minutes in. Not sure who's singing, but it looks like the title is Bless ’Em All. An "underground" WWI Royal Air Force song, and popular WWII song. Also heard in a number of WWII films. A perfect song for Higgins to be listening to.
For reasons unknown, the song was not published during the Great War but it nevertheless found almost immediate “underground” popularity in the newly founded Royal Air Force. Ward-Jackson (1967, xiii) explains that

[Bless ’Em All] has been the unofficial trooping song of the RAF from its beginning in 1918. During the broadcast of the RAF’s 25th birthday anniversary celebrations in 1943 Mr. S.P.B. Mais (ex-Royal Flying Corps) pointed out that it in fact originated in the Royal Naval Air Service written in 1916 [sic] by Fred Godfrey. That version was not for publication, and it was unknown to the public till the late 1930s [actually, 1940 — author’s note] when it appeared in a completely clean pinafore. Meanwhile, airmen had put all kinds of words to it, the essence of which is not unfairly reflected in the published version.
Who would have guessed there was a music "underground" in 1918? :)

bbert73
Lieutenant

#18 Post by bbert73 »

Yes that's it exactly! That is something you would think Higgins would listen to. Thanks a lot RC! :D

rubber chicken wrote:I assume you're asking about the song in 5.1, around 20 minutes in. Not sure who's singing, but it looks like the title is Bless ’Em All. An "underground" WWI Royal Air Force song, and popular WWII song. Also heard in a number of WWII films. A perfect song for Higgins to be listening to.
For reasons unknown, the song was not published during the Great War but it nevertheless found almost immediate “underground” popularity in the newly founded Royal Air Force. Ward-Jackson (1967, xiii) explains that

[Bless ’Em All] has been the unofficial trooping song of the RAF from its beginning in 1918. During the broadcast of the RAF’s 25th birthday anniversary celebrations in 1943 Mr. S.P.B. Mais (ex-Royal Flying Corps) pointed out that it in fact originated in the Royal Naval Air Service written in 1916 [sic] by Fred Godfrey. That version was not for publication, and it was unknown to the public till the late 1930s [actually, 1940 — author’s note] when it appeared in a completely clean pinafore. Meanwhile, airmen had put all kinds of words to it, the essence of which is not unfairly reflected in the published version.
Who would have guessed there was a music "underground" in 1918? :)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#19 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I saw this episode again the other night. I commented to my wife that TM would've been smart enough to check up on the sister as soon as she was mentioned and everything would've unfolded at that point. Sharon Stone looks really nice in this episode.

maggiepoole
Captain

#20 Post by maggiepoole »

Thomas pulls a bowl of fig newtons out of the fridge to have with his milk. Isn't that kind of an odd place to keep your fig newtons? Just in a cereal bowl, not even a container! Wouldn't they get stale?! :roll: Cracks me up the empty paper towel roll too.
Trying to reach my full snail potential.

Lance White
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#21 Post by Lance White »

I thought the two shows combined were pretty good. All of the acting was really good, but the story didn't impress me that much. The bearded guy throws me off too, is that her Dr? Tom seemed to be in top shape for this, maybe he worked out a little more in prep for the shower scene. Speaking of, did anybody else notice the reflection of the camera guy when Sharon opens the door? It might not be the camera, but somebody is definatley just standing there.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#22 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

maggiepoole wrote:Thomas pulls a bowl of fig newtons out of the fridge to have with his milk. Isn't that kind of an odd place to keep your fig newtons? Just in a cereal bowl, not even a container! Wouldn't they get stale?! :roll: Cracks me up the empty paper towel roll too.
I know. I keep mine in a Tuperware container. I think maybe Carmen had mentioned he dips his Fig Newtons in milk so they probably get soggy anyway.

Carmen
MPI

#23 Post by Carmen »

Yep, that was me. BTW,IKWYT, wanna buy some Tupperware?? :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#24 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I usually save the nice little packages Glad packs their lunchmeat in. If you are having a Tupperware party I'm all for it. I would feel like I was seven again and at my parents house! :D

Carmen
MPI

#25 Post by Carmen »

:lol:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)