6.0 (Pretty Bad)
4%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 78

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#31 Post by J.J. Walters »

I case anyone's confused, I've moved all of the "Lady X" replies to its own thread in the 'Cast & Crew' forum. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#32 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Am I going crazy or did all the "Lady X" posts get deleted?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Styles Bitchley

#33 Post by Styles Bitchley »

That's funny...James' post wasn't there when I was looking at the thread. It's all cool now. Here's a link to the Lady X thread: http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2032
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#34 Post by nha trang »

This episode, while not the greatest, is certainly not BAD. I wonder if the people who really hate it are big fans of basketball willie and the little people CIA agent episodes...now those were bad.

The scuba scenes alone make this an excellent episode, along with the audio for the scene as JJ points out.

Styles Bitchley

#35 Post by Styles Bitchley »

nha trang wrote:This episode, while not the greatest, is certainly not BAD. I wonder if the people who really hate it are big fans of basketball willie and the little people CIA agent episodes...now those were bad.

The scuba scenes alone make this an excellent episode, along with the audio for the scene as JJ points out.
I'm glad somebody likes it. I think it remains my least favourite episode of all time! Way too many times I'm just saying to myself "that doesn't make sense!"

- J.Q.H.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by zebra3 »

Three things:
1. Why did Magnum's dive vest actually say "Magnum" on it?
2. Why didn't TC's pseudo-brother wait until he was right up next to TM to take out the knife while they were diving? He had Magnum's trust, so he could have gotten close to him and then killed him. Even on the boat, he could have surprised Magnum, offed him quickly, and then gone one of one vs. unarmed Rick. That would have been my plan.
3. ONE FOR THE FLUB PAGE BABY!
When driving out in Maui, Higgin's Mercedes is shot. A bullet penetrated his windshield. In the second shot of the car hitting a tree, half of the windshield is gone. After hitting the tree, the second half shatters.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by zebra3 »

Sorry number two has been answered in previous posts.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by MaiTaiMan »

I really liked this episode! :) We get to finally learn some things about T.C.'s family...of so we think. :wink:

The action, plot, and acting were awesome...and I love how everyone comes together (even Higgins) to try and help save T.C.! This episode also includes some superb underwater action/scenes! Are these some of the ones that end up in montage of pics during the starting theme song?

The first time I ever saw this episode (original airing while growing up) I truly did not see the plot twist at the end coming! :o Now as an adult, when watching it, I do sort of see it coming about halfway through...but it's still fun and exciting to watch the rest of the gang figure it out. :)

I love how it ends up being Higgins who brings T.C. out of his coma, with the annoying stories of his past! :lol: That was perfect! :wink:
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#39 Post by miltontheripper »

lutherhgillis wrote:Did anyone else notice the vertically challenged man in the hospital waiting room when the guys go for coffee? He is standing in front of the drink machine. Is this the same guy that worked with the sumo wrestler in the tropical Madness episode? They looked similar.

I just watched this one yesterday and noticed this too and yes, it sure looks like it is! Also, did anyone notice Kika as the hotel valet?

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#40 Post by miltontheripper »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
nha trang wrote:This episode, while not the greatest, is certainly not BAD. I wonder if the people who really hate it are big fans of basketball willie and the little people CIA agent episodes...now those were bad.

I'm glad somebody likes it. I think it remains my least favourite episode of all time! Way too many times I'm just saying to myself "that doesn't make sense!"
I agree with you as I think this episode STINKS! Outside of the cool diving scenes, I thought it was pretty bad. When TC's "brother" is chanting "I want my brother to live" in Vietnemese I almost laughed out loud (I know he was trying to play a convincing role as TC's brother but this was a bit dramatic and cheesy for me.) Outside of watching in order, this is not one i'd like to see again!

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by MaiTaiMan »

While certainly not one of the most memorable or superb episodes of the show...I still think this one's interesting and kind of different than a lot of the rest. Good plot, good underwater action, perfect ending...I still think this one's an enjoyable one for the season! :)
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#42 Post by J.J. Walters »

Higgins: "...T.C. is indeed a man of exemplary character."
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Mark R.Y.
Captain

#43 Post by Mark R.Y. »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Mark R.Y. wrote:We MUST have an audio file of the painter's "Whoa-oh-ohhh" in the last scene. Low humor, but I laugh myself silly at it! :P
A little late, but I've finally added this to the Audio page. Absolutely hilarious! Would make for a great ringtone. :)

http://magnum-mania.com/Audio/whoa_whoa.wav
And I'M over a year late, but I thank you. So wonderfully silly! :lol:

Btw, count me as one who likes this episode, despite its predictibility. I love the insights into the friendship of these four guys. I also like TM's view concerning prayer.

Croix de Lorraine
Admiral

#44 Post by Croix de Lorraine »

zebra3 wrote: 3. ONE FOR THE FLUB PAGE BABY!
When driving out in Maui, Higgin's Mercedes is shot. A bullet penetrated his windshield. In the second shot of the car hitting a tree, half of the windshield is gone. After hitting the tree, the second half shatters.
Good one, but Higgins is not driving a Mercedes. Could we call this a metaflub?

Since we mention Higgins, there is something strangely incongruous every time Higgins utters the words "TC" or "Ice Pick" in any episode. It's like hearing him say "That's dope, bro!" or something like that. :?

firefly
Commander

#45 Post by firefly »

imo this was a good, not great episode. somewhere in the middle (or slightly below) of the pack.

i did very much like how higgins shows concern and caring towards tc, and how he "justified" going to the hospital by saying that he was on his way to a yacht club meeting. i also loved that it was higgins telling tc story after story that bought him out of his coma, perfectly fitting way to do it.

one thing that i found odd was doc ibold talking to rick about "decisions being made" regarding tc. it hadn't even been two days since he went into a coma, seems a little early for that, especially considering tc wasn't on life support.