It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 25%  25%  [ 15 ]
7.5 (Decent) 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 61
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:44 am 
Baron Of GIFs

Steve wrote:
I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the picture is a photograph of Larry Manetti's wife. I'm sorry I couldn't capture the following picture of Larry and his wife at the "Monte Walsh" premier I found on IMDB, but just click on the link and try to imagine her twenty years ago.....

http://us.imdb.com/media/rm3283589120/nm0542027

J.J. Walters wrote:
Hmm, I don't know. I don't think it's her. Here is a screen cap of her from "Computer Date" (1982)...

I think the pic is Mrs. Manetti:

Similar forehead and jawline. Similar hair styles.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:53 pm 
Fleet Admiral

I think this episode is completely ridiculous and fun and gave it an 8.

- I am in the minority but I like fake Mac. He gives a good comedic element in his recurring role.

- Any episode focusing on Rick is awesome, he completely cracks me up with his crazy and usually unsuccessful business deals.

- Pretty hilarious that poor Magnum didn't get his fishing trips. Mr Wong? Ha ha ha died laughing when they kept calling TM that.

- The Lad's holding the phone for Higgins was the highlight for me, I LOVE those two and feel like they are vital to the show altogether.

- Would Icepick really treat Rick that harshly? I mean, breaking his legs when he's like a son to him? I get that he lent him a large sum of $ but I'm always a little surprised at this part given their long time relationship.

- The lead Japanese girl is very easy on the eyes :)

- The lemon scene is just awful but is so dang funny I can't help but laugh. And I love TC throwing Mack back in the drink at the end lol.

This is just a silly episode that I enjoy. More evidence of the fantastic range that Magnum PI showed, it could be silly and comical or deadly serious and be awesome either way!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:04 pm 
Fleet Admiral

The "lemon" scene was just way too silly on what already was a pretty silly episode. The shocker to me was Icepick's attitude toward Rick and the loaning/payback of the money. I thought they were closer than that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:51 pm 
Ensign

Interesting that the sisters are named Tamiko, Umeko and Shakiko in the credits, but Rick clearly introduces Umeko as "Shazuay" (sp?). Well, interesting to me as I write the DV - I had to go back and change all my descriptions - "Umeko hits him with a champagne bottle" etc. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6