Donuts ensucrats
Rear Admiral

#41 Post by Donuts ensucrats »

I'm in love with this green and white shirt :oops:
Mare de Déu Senyor!!!!!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#42 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I love the green and white shirt as well. I'd like to get my hands on one like it.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#43 Post by golfmobile »

I have a similar one . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#44 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Nice one Golf. I have seen similar ones around, and I may have to pull the trigger sometime soon since the weather is getting nice.

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by steveadl »

Good, fun episode. I enjoyed this one. Pickled Egg scene was hillarious, especially TC's straight face while delivering the lines. "How stupid of me, I must have forgotten my wallet." :lol:

Honolulu Lulu
Lieutenant

#46 Post by Honolulu Lulu »

I know it has been years since the discussion ensued over a map of all the shooting locations, but I was struck by the fact that the subject was inspired by this episode in particular. I am planning a trip to Oahu for my family and I, too wanted to go to the Day 'N' Dark store. I thought I was the only one who would ever be interested in seeing this location, but I was glad to read that other Magnum lovers remember this location fondly, too, and that it lead to the discussion about a map of all locations.

Even though I now know that the store used for this episode is gone, there are plenty of other locations my whole family is looking forward to seeing, so we will definately be using Rubber Chicken's Google Earth map. Thank you RC for all the time and effort you have put into it over the years!
Rack em up!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#47 Post by rubber chicken »

I'm glad you're enjoying the location guide Honolulu Lulu. It's nice to hear that your whole family is looking forward to visiting locations in person. :)

If there are any locations in particular you're wondering about, but aren't listed in the guide or by James on the site, let me know and I'll see if I can find them.

Honolulu Lulu
Lieutenant

#48 Post by Honolulu Lulu »

If there are any locations in particular you're wondering about, but aren't listed in the guide or by James on the site, let me know and I'll see if I can find them.

RC, since you offered . . .

There is one location that I would like to see. It's the wedding chapel that Magnum and Babs go to in search of Roger on "Beauty Knows No Pain." Is it possible for you to identify that for us?
Rack em up!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#49 Post by rubber chicken »

Yes, that's in the guide, listed as "1.18 - finding Roger" in the "1.18 Beauty Knows No Pain" folder. Here it is in google street view. The placemark in google earth was made years ago, before I started adding much info to placemarks, but it looks like it's the "beautiful, stained glass Chapel" of the Diamond Head Mortuary, a part of Diamond Head Memorial Park.

As the google earth guide shows, at least a few funeral scenes were filmed on the grounds here, including the funeral of Magnum's father. And it's right across from Diamond Head Studios where the show was filmed, so you could see a number of locations in one stop. :)

Honolulu Lulu
Lieutenant

#50 Post by Honolulu Lulu »

A ha! I was looking on the Google Earth map and missed it. Thanks for the link to the photo in the Guide and for all the extra info! I will definately add this to our family map of places to drive by.

It's kinda funny that they used a funeral chapel for a wedding chapel! :D
Rack em up!

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by MaiTaiMan »

This episode was ridiculously stupid, and pointless! :roll: This was worse than one of Magnum's (as Higgins would say) tawdry divorce cases! :x

The older ladies were somewhat funny at the end in their disguises...but other than that, this episode is pathetic and....as I said, pointless! :? Not one of my season 4 favorites.

Also...I never really could understand whether the elderly residents in that house saved it or not? I've only seen this a few times, as I can't usually stand the slap-stick stupidity, but to me I never heard or saw this aspect clarified at all? :shock:
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#52 Post by miltontheripper »

I thought this was a decent episode that showcased some funny scenes. Love the pickled egg scene and Magnums rivalry with the kid who knocked over the beer cans he stacked. An earlier post mentioned the store being real, I picked up on this too by the 1980's Bud Light cans lol. Always like the Magnum baseball moments as I'm a huge baseball fan but agree with an earlier post that any seven year old (Thomas' age at the time) who liked baseball would know that a .381 average would be well remembered and easily recognized as an error. Hard to imagine that as serious as TC always seems about money and his business that he would donate the winnings to charity but then again he is a really good guy so I could be wrong.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Baseball cards, bizarre old ladies, an irritating kid who needed his butt kicked, and an idiotic grocery store manager who was so stupid she deserved to get robbed...I just find this episode pathetic and pointless! :x Not one of Magnums better or interesting cases that deserved an "episode", and not one of season 4's best either. :?
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

mandolabar
Captain

#54 Post by mandolabar »

I love this episode because of the scene where TC wins the final bingo round. He's so excited and suddenly just lunges at Higgins and hugs him, knocks over the stand with the ball-roller.

My daughter and I love this, because we have the strong impression that Hillerman was on the verge of breaking up with laughter....look at him, after TC lets go. It's a real smile, and he just has that "about to explode" look to him. :lol: We have a private theory that Hillerman walked offscreen right then because he had to, before he lost it--that was such a great bit of exuberance on Roger Mosley's part, he wouldn't want to ruin the take.

Also, someone posted that Hillerman looked good in the light-colored suit, and that he hadn't worn it in other episodes? Or something to that effect. He wore a light suit later, at the end of Letter to a Duchess...I'm still working through this season, so I can't speak to other times.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#55 Post by J.J. Walters »

Car ID needed...

Thanks
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!