6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 109

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#16 Post by Italian Ice »

Good reviews Jay. You're getting into some of my all-time favorites. It's going to be very hard to pick a top 5 in this season.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Italian Ice wrote:Good reviews Jay. You're getting into some of my all-time favorites. It's going to be very hard to pick a top 5 in this season.
Yes, this is a very strong "era" of Magnum, I'll be hard pushed to pick my Top 5 as well!
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

wilko
Captain

#18 Post by wilko »

Here's a flub.

Magnum returns to the estate to learn that Higgins has received a call from the kidnappers. Higgins is in the study, sitting with a snifter of brandy in his hand and the bottle on the table. Magnum sits opposite Higgins Higgins tells him about seeing Vivian in the Strand after the war. Suddenly in the midst of the conversation Magnum is also holding a snifter of brandy but he did not pour one for himself before sitting down, get up to get one nor did Higgins offer him one. Nor was there an empty glass on the table.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#19 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ah, good one wilko. The "Magical Brandy Snifter" flub! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#20 Post by robspace54 »

This is a great episode and we get to see that Higgins is not one-dimensional and Magnum gets to play gallant hero, and lose the girl. But I want to know if Magnum finished 17th in the surf-ski race where did his nemesis Keke finish?

In the study when Vivian and Jonathan are working on the books - look at the shelves. There is a set of red, black, and gilt bound volumes. My mom has a similar set - they are Colliers Encyclopedias - a fixture of any home in the 60s - 80s. Although I bet these were bought from a used book store as they are clearly different issues from the offset of the writing on the spines.

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by No need to know! »

Superb episode. I only gave it a 9. It´s a 9,5. :D
Onion´s extra?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#22 Post by J.J. Walters »

Can anyone ID this?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#23 Post by J.J. Walters »

This has to be one of the funniest, most bizarre flubs/continuity errors ever. In the surf ski race at the end, Magnum starts the race with his Detroit Tigers cap, but finishes it with his Da Nang cap. What makes this so strange is that Magnum lost his Da Nang cap in the Season Four opener "Home From the Sea" (when he is knocked off his surf ski by a reckless boater). We havn't seen him wear his Da Nang cap since, and yet here we see him suddenly wearing it out of nowhere, in the middle of a surf ski race! It's like he found his lost cap at sea! LOL! :)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#24 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

It also looks like the KKC tank top is different. The one in the picture with the Tigers hat is more worn, while the one with the Da Nang hat looks newer.

Carmen
MPI

#25 Post by Carmen »

Don`t you know he has this little secret safe inside his surf ski so he can change cloth at sea, I heard he carried a tux there everytime in case he needs it at the KKC :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by No need to know! »

Damn it J.J! :lol: You are almost ruin it for me with all the flubs. I have to go with Carmen on this one.
Onion´s extra?

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Coops »

J.J. Walters wrote:Can anyone ID this?

A castle!

What do I win?

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#28 Post by rubber chicken »

It's hard to argue with Coops' identification, but to flesh it out a bit... it's called Château de Roquetaillade, and as the name suggests, it's located in France (SE of Bordeaux, right here). I'm guessing an overworked editor mistakingly used the wrong castle in the show's recreation of actual events, because this castle is five hundred miles from "The English Midlands". :?

Here's the official website.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#29 Post by Styles Bitchley »

rubber chicken wrote:It's hard to argue with Coops' identification, but to flesh it out a bit... it's called Château de Roquetaillade, and as the name suggests, it's located in France (SE of Bordeaux, right here). I'm guessing an overworked editor mistakingly used the wrong castle in the show's recreation of actual events, because this castle is five hundred miles from "The English Midlands". :?

Here's the official website.
I have no idea how you found that one RC! Amazing.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#30 Post by J.J. Walters »

Thanks again RC!
The castle has been lived in by the same family for over 700 years. It has been open to the public since 1956 and is the most visited in the Bordeaux region.
Neat!