1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 81

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

Re: A Sense of Debt (4.8)

#31 Post by KingKC »

This one took the Vietnam Vet loyalty/camaraderie theme a little too far for me. It also kind of solidifies TC's character as more of a big brute which is the exact opposite of his do-gooder roles. Maybe I just don't like the overt violence of the fighting.

KingKC

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by MaximRecoil »

Contrary to popular belief, bare-knuckle boxing is safer than boxing with padded gloves. In the former, hard punches to the head are relatively rare, because they tend to injure the hand of the person who threw the punch. In the latter, the padded gloves protect the hands, so hard punches to the head are a lot more common.

Of course, on TV and in movies (this episode of MPI included), people can throw hundreds of full-power bare-knuckle punches to their opponent's head without harming their hands in the least.

brianw
Rear Admiral

#33 Post by brianw »

I liked this one. Amazing list of guest stars: Shannen Doherty, Donald Gibb, and Trammel and Whitaker. The stock footage of baseball games is always cheesy looking, and there is NO way that TM is not going to recognize the starting middle infield of the Tigers in the bar. Funny ending with Higgins and the lads answering to Buster and Bobby K.

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by ENSHealy »

4.8 A SENSE OF DEBT
Famous guest stars: 4 Ogre! Shannon Doherty, Alan Trammel and Lou Whitaker
Hawaiian shirts: 1
Tigers Cap: 1
Island Hopper shirts: 1
Image Image
Shirtless:
OMG/Extraordinarys: 1
Higgins Organizations:
Higgins musings:
Negotiations:
Body Count:
Bullet wounds:
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking: 1
When I write HTBAWCPI:
Investigator corrections:
4th wall breaks:
Magnumometer: 9
Magnumometer Moments: https://vimeo.com/389611080

Potential magnumania usernames: Ebony Assassin, Bobby K and Buster
Last edited by ENSHealy on Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Do you guys think the scenes with Alan Trammell and Lou Whitaker were shot in Hawaii or somewhere else? Someone here mentioned that the reason Selleck had limited screen time may have been due to him filming some movie during this time and that his scenes may not even have been filmed in Hawaii. But then they would still need to get Trammell and Whitaker to wherever Selleck was filming. I doubt those 2 just happened to be on hand wherever Selleck was, unless it happened to be in Detroit. On the other hand, the Detroit bartender is played by a local Hawaiian actor so I'm inclined to think that Selleck was in Hawaii for his scenes. I've never known local Hawaiian stock actors to appear in stuff shot on the mainland. Which means that Trammell and Whitaker probably got a nice Hawaiian vacation out of this episode. :D

502-to-right
Lieutenant Commander

Re:

#36 Post by 502-to-right »

miltontheripper wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:46 pm When T.M. is at the stadium and on the phone with Higgins you see a play at home plate on the TV screen. You see the same play during Jaroro Farewell. I can't quite make out the name of the guy sliding into Home.
It's Larry Herndon. Outfielder, #31, played for the Tigers from 1982 to 1988.