6.0 (Pretty Bad)
3%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 80

grantwiscour
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#16 Post by grantwiscour »

When Danny and T.M. are watching the Tiger Game on TV the play at the plate is the same one as in the episode 'A Sense of Debt' when Magnum goes to Detroit to collect $10k for T.C. and see 10 Tiger Games.

T.M. is at the stadium and on the phone with Higgins you see a play at home plate on the TV screen.

This is the same footage on both episodes.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#17 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I believe it is a Tigers V. Mariners game instead of the twins. You will notice this a lot on the screen. TM says the Tigers are playing Team A and it is Team B on the tube. This is a small attention to detail they could've corrected. I think this is a fulb you would've noticed watching the episodes originally.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#18 Post by Italian Ice »

Noticed 3 minor flubs in this one.

During the practice game when Danny slides into Benny at 2nd base, he complains he was tagged up high in the face. Clearly it wasn't even close to the face. You can see he was tagged under his left arm during the slide. It's pretty clear that Danny was safe and slide into second first before he was tagged, yet he was called "out". Tie goes to the runner on that play.....

During the ambush, TM shoots one of the gunmen who then falls over. If he's supposed to be dead, you can clearly see him take a deep breath in the 2nd shot of him laying on the ground. If he survived he would have put up more of a fight or at least tried to run away.....

Danny says he jumped out of the plane before it took off. How did he escape? He wasn't seen jumping out while TM was in front of the plane. The kidnappers probably wouldn't have even started the plane without Danny on it....

What do the rest of you think?
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#19 Post by SelleckLover »

Italian Ice wrote:
I think flub-spotters have way too much time on their hands...LOL :D

Carmen
MPI

#20 Post by Carmen »

:lol: SL
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Italian Ice

#21 Post by Italian Ice »

LOL

Actually I'm not a flub spotter. I'm just spending some time catching up as I haven't seen some of these episodes in years, or didn't see all of them in full.

I just happened to see the flubs by fluke and had to get in on the action at least once, lol. There's no way I can compare to some of the other spotters on here :)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#22 Post by J.J. Walters »

Italian Ice wrote:Noticed 3 minor flubs in this one.

During the practice game when Danny slides into Benny at 2nd base, he complains he was tagged up high in the face. Clearly it wasn't even close to the face. You can see he was tagged under his left arm during the slide. It's pretty clear that Danny was safe and slide into second first before he was tagged, yet he was called "out". Tie goes to the runner on that play.....

During the ambush, TM shoots one of the gunmen who then falls over. If he's supposed to be dead, you can clearly see him take a deep breath in the 2nd shot of him laying on the ground. If he survived he would have put up more of a fight or at least tried to run away.....

Danny says he jumped out of the plane before it took off. How did he escape? He wasn't seen jumping out while TM was in front of the plane. The kidnappers probably wouldn't have even started the plane without Danny on it....

I wouldn't classify these as flubs:

1) Danny appeared to be itching to start a fight, so he exaggerated the nature of the tag. And the umpire simply got the call wrong. This kind of stuff happens all the time in sandlot games.

2) People don't necessary die right away from gunshot wounds. He took a bullet and was down, but still breathing. He may or may not have expired later on, we simply don't know.

3) Maybe Danny simply exited the plane "off camera", before TM enters?

Flubs are a tricky thing. It has to be clearly a flub, otherwise you give the show the benefit of the doubt. Keep trying Italian Ice, you'll get some. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Italian Ice

#23 Post by Italian Ice »

Haha, way to ruin my fun JJ
:D

Ya, probably the first two you can argue. The last one is probably one of those "how, who, what, when, and where" questions that we're always talking about on here, which is enjoyable to do after seeing an episode. Although if I was a kidnapper I'd make sure the captive is tied up and well guarded before taking off. Would have been nice to see TM get on the plane and fight the kidnappers, and besides the ones he gunned down, we don't see the looks of any others....

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#24 Post by J.J. Walters »

Did anybody else notice that Magnum chambers a round in his .45 and then sticks it in the back part of his jeans, all while sitting in the Ferrari? I'm no expert in handguns, but this surely can't be a safe way to handle a gun. And it would be the absolute worst place to have a gun accidentally go off, right into your derriere!

:shock:

So this episode feature not one, but two shocking flubs involving Magnum and firearms - the one above and the one mentioned earlier where he loads an Uzi clip with his finger on the trigger, while riding in the chopper!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Steve »

James J. Walters wrote:You mean Rick wasn't playing stickball under the "L", on top of the "K", next to the "M"? ;)

The "L".... hehe, not sure why I referenced it like that in the episode guide. In any event, it's been corrected. Thanks.
By the way, stickball is a New York game, we play Baseball here in the Windy City. There is, however, a Chicago phenonemum called 16 inch softball, when I grew up in California and Minneapolis we called it "kitten ball", but when I laughingly say that to my friends that play, they give me a very angry look and usually hold up a hand with bent fingers that had been broken (it is played without gloves)...........

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#26 Post by Tom_Magnum »

What happens in Jororo Farewell again? My mind is kinda blurry...

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#27 Post by N1095A »

James J. Walters wrote:Did anybody else notice that Magnum chambers a round in his .45 and then sticks it in the back part of his jeans, all while sitting in the Ferrari? I'm no expert in handguns, but this surely can't be a safe way to handle a gun. And it would be the absolute worst place to have a gun accidentally go off, right into your derriere!

:shock:

So this episode feature not one, but two shocking flubs involving Magnum and firearms - the one above and the one mentioned earlier where he loads an Uzi clip with his finger on the trigger, while riding in the chopper!
James, Take a look in the first shot at where TM's finger is when he's racking the slide. I guess it's okay, because you can see into the ejection port right down to the top of the empty magazine. There are clearly no bullets in the gun. Still, poor "gunmanship" all around. This is one of my pet peeves about the show. You'd think these guys being "professionals" would know better.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#28 Post by J.J. Walters »

Steve wrote:By the way, stickball is a New York game, we play Baseball here in the Windy City.
No Stickball in Chi-Town, huh? Learn something new every day. ;)
N1095A wrote:James, Take a look in the first shot at where TM's finger is when he's racking the slide. I guess it's okay, because you can see into the ejection port right down to the top of the empty magazine. There are clearly no bullets in the gun. Still, poor "gunmanship" all around.
Yeah, but we're not supposed to notice that part (else, why would he chamber a round with no bullets?). No, he chambers a round, sticks it in the back of his jeans, and then walks over to a little league baseball game(!).

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#29 Post by Tom_Magnum »

My 100th Post! Ya, Im happy. But no one answered my question :evil:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by Sam »