6.0 (Pretty Bad)
4%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 85

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#21 Post by N1095A »

MACattack wrote:Anybody know when the next ARMY vs NAVY game is happening?
December 4th 2010

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by MACattack »

whoah looks like I slept through the last one!
I just don't give a damn!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by MACattack »

I guess I'll have to watch footage of it by myself and a six pack of Dusseldorf (any Oktoberfest beer). Hopefully my wife won't harass me like Higgins did with Magnum at the end of the episode!

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by Rutledal »

Saturday, December 11th at Lincoln Financial Field.
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

Carmen
MPI

#25 Post by Carmen »

Macattack, please don`t confuse Altbier with Oktoberfestbier - BIG difference!! :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by MACattack »

I know the difference. My preference is Spaten gold label.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by lutherhgillis »

James Walters wrote, "Yeah, looks like a flub to me, too -- a very hard to spot, not easily noticed flub."

James,

I have watched this epi for years as it is one of my favorites. I never noticed the arrangement of the scene until recently. It makes me wonder how much more flub material awaits discovery. If only I had the time...
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Sam »

Hi Luther...Yes it is a flub but it was reported in Nov 2007.
I remember it because I don't find many flubs.

:)

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by MACattack »

I wonder if Magnum ever made it to the Army/Navy game? I mean, it's been 26 years since that episode. Nah... he probably recorded it on Robin Masters' DVR recorder!

GingerSnap
Ensign

#30 Post by GingerSnap »

I have a question:

At the start of the episode Magnum says the last time he threw a football in a game was the 1967 Army-Navy game; a few months later he graduated.
Later in the show he says the backup QB had been waiting since 1963 to take his place (which presumably the backup got to do in the re-match Magnum missed this year).
If the backup QB had been waiting since 1963, presumably Magnum was a first-year student that fall (the 1963 football season). In that case he would have graduated in spring 1967, which means he wouldn't be around for the 1967 Army-Navy game.
Unless of course the Annapolis academic year begins in January rather than in the fall, or the midshipmen are there for more than 4 years.
Anybody have any ideas? I thought it was kind of a big flub, but who knows?

Tuan Vu
Captain

#31 Post by Tuan Vu »

Just one bit of trivia: The Midshipmen won that 1967 game 19-14 in Philadelphai, PA. Source:

http://forwhattheygaveonsaturdayafterno ... y-football

Way to go, Magnum!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#32 Post by J.J. Walters »

GingerSnap wrote:I have a question:

At the start of the episode Magnum says the last time he threw a football in a game was the 1967 Army-Navy game; a few months later he graduated.
Later in the show he says the backup QB had been waiting since 1963 to take his place (which presumably the backup got to do in the re-match Magnum missed this year).
If the backup QB had been waiting since 1963, presumably Magnum was a first-year student that fall (the 1963 football season). In that case he would have graduated in spring 1967, which means he wouldn't be around for the 1967 Army-Navy game.
Unless of course the Annapolis academic year begins in January rather than in the fall, or the midshipmen are there for more than 4 years.
Anybody have any ideas? I thought it was kind of a big flub, but who knows?
He could have redshirted (fifth year senior). ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by zebra3 »

I knew Carol was shady the moment she showed up, so her turning out to be a liar and a con didn't surprise me. Might just be skepticism on my part, my TV watching today has been off.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by MaiTaiMan »

I love this episode...this is also one of my favorites from season 4! :)

This is the first "true" Carol Baldwin episode...and Kathleen Lloyd does a superb job with this character. I know she had already had a few cameos as Carol in earlier episodes...but this is the first one where she really gets to sink her teeth into and showcase the character!

I also enjoyed the part where Carol points out to Magnum how he's used everyone to get his way or solve a case before too...and now he knows how it sometimes feels. :wink: Magnum is a superb character and I think one we all can relate to at one time or another...but he's not perfect! :o Magnum has his faults or "quirks" like anyone else...and conning friends into getting his way to solve a case is one. All this makes Magnum (and Carol) special and even loveable...as long as we're not the ones Magnum owes hundreds of dollars in gas money to. :wink:

I love the action that Magnum and Carol find themselves in the middle of, when they break into that building in the middle of the night...awesome! :D The scene where they jump off the building into the garbage truck is very reminiscent of "Hart To Hart"...as Jonathan and Jennifer Hart (Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers) did the exact same thing on their show--their scene actually making it into the montage of pics during their starting theme song.

But, the ending too is awesome...where Carol tapes the game for Magnum and he still gets to see it, even though Higgins tells him the score! :lol: This is just an entertaining and enjoyable episode! :)
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#35 Post by miltontheripper »

I think Carol is an excellent character and should have been used even more often than she was. Kathleen Lloyd did a great job portraying her and I always enjoy her and TM's interactions. This episode is not my favorite with her in it but had some entertaining scenes: her and Magnum breaking into the office building and then jumping into the garbage truck, Higgins getting bowled over by TC in the lawn during a game of catch, and certainly one of the best endings ever as Magnum shows up with the old deuseldorf and kicking everyone out only to have the score ruined by Higgins. I laugh everytime I see him through the popcorn in the air and chase Higgins out screaming. Being a huge sportsfan I can relate to his situation! I also loved his comentary as he chased El Gato on the beach and tackled him. I always think these commentary's really strengthened TM's character and made him even more likeable.