6.0 (Pretty Bad)
5%
5.0 (Just Awful)
6%

Total votes: 96

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by lutherhgillis »

I actually had the opportunity of doing some work inside bank vaults for a while. There is no radio or cellphone reception inside bank vaults. The only exception might be AM radio reception if the transmitter was nearby because the AM waves might penetrate the walls. FM is totally out just like cellphones because of line-of-sight functionality.

Vaults are airtight. This is why they have the emergency air supply valve. It is doubful however that the emergency air supply would malfunction. Walls are typically brick and/or concrete and go from floor to roof. The easiest way into a vault aftet the dorr is closed and locked in through the roof...

Note to Jay:

Yea, Carol Burnette is one of the greatest women in American comedy. Having her guest star on the show was right up there with having Frank Sinatra as far as star power is concerned. Her character in the episode was very quirky like most of the characters she played in her career. It was totally in form for her. I think MPI did this out of respect for her career.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Frodoleader wrote:Jay - Carol Burnett is probably the greatest American comedienne ever. Granted, this role and when she reprises it in season 8, are not her best work. But she truly is an American classic!
I know, I feel ashamed not knowing who she is! (Hangs head in shame).
I always liked Lucille Ball personally. :)
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#13 Post by Doc Ibold »

Its all good man, I'm sure there are a ton of famous British people who we have no idea about!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#14 Post by J.J. Walters »

No worries Jay. I didn't know who Arthur English was until I saw"Deja Vu". ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

James J. Walters wrote:No worries Jay. I didn't know who Arthur English was until I saw"Deja Vu". ;)
I still laugh when I see Bruce Forsyth in season six's 'A Little Bit of Luck, A Little Bit of Grief'. (He's a well-known British entertainer).
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Cutter
Lieutenant

#16 Post by Cutter »

A meh episode for me. The only thing notable is that it is the last time TM wears his Chronosport. I find it odd that he wore it two more times after the season opener (wears it in the opening when he meets CB)...considering the GMT was supposedly the only watch he ever wore. I may be the only one who like the Chronosport more than the GMT...probably because im wearing the same model as I type this.

Carmen
MPI

#17 Post by Carmen »

Really the same? Where did you get it?
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Cutter
Lieutenant

#18 Post by Cutter »

a few year ago on E-Bay

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by zebra3 »

Boy Jillie Mack looks pretty good in this episode, I was surprised to find that she is marred to Selleck.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#20 Post by nha trang »

While certainly not a "classic" episode, this one has its moments, like the laughter in the bank vault, which didn't embarrass me, but did seem to have happened spur-of-the-moment, as the villain even loses it for a bit...

I do feel like the episodes have hit a bit of a lull, the last somewhat classic episode recently was "operation silent night," however, even that was a bit cheesy in my book (why would they bury the japanese pilot instead of report it?)...

At any rate, I'm just happy when I manage to watch an episode on the DVD that I haven't already seen on TV before - I've been on a bad run with that lately, having to re-watch about 6 episodes I've already seen, and unfortunately, they weren't among my favorites...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#21 Post by J.J. Walters »

Saw a Family Guy episode recently that featured Brian and Stewie locked in a bank vault for a weekend together. The whole episode was just them in the bank vault. No cutaway gags or anything. Alcohol was consumed. Confessions were made. Tempers flared. Uncontrollable laughter. A gun made an appearance. Eerily similar to this episode!

With all the Magnum references in Family Guy, I was really expecting either Brian or Stewie to saying something like, "Hey, didn't this happen in a Magnum P.I. episode with Tom Selleck and Carol Burnett?" Sadly, they never did!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Steve »

Carol Burnett was asked on the Piers Morgan show last night (4-21-11) what fond memories she had working with "hunky" actors over her career. She replied enthusiasticly she loved working with Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck and found both very generous and funny to be around. I have always liked this episode as you can't fake good chemistry between actors.................

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by AmandaByNight »

Carol Burnett and Tom Sellck = Gold.

Love it!

Strangely, what I remember most is the dress Carol wears in the vault. My father and I used to watch this show every day in re-runs in the late 80s and he HATED that dress. Everytime this episode played he'd make a comment about it. She made up for it though by wearing the best clothes on the Carol Burnett Show! :)

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by MaiTaiMan »

This episode was pretty good...and I rated it as such. I love Carol Burnett so I enjoyed her as the main guest-star. She was hilarious on her own show, but even though she was a little more serious in this "Magnum" episode, some of the Burnett-style humor shown through and it was enjoyable and entertaining! :)

The only issue I really have with "Rembrandt's Girl", is the aspect that it mostly took place inside the bank vault. After a while it got a little boring and monotonous. But, it wasn't bad. :)
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#25 Post by miltontheripper »

Agreed, a "pretty good" episode but nothing great. I have to say I did really enjoy Rick and TC having a bash in the guest house. That british lady was funny, even though she's pretty darn annoying in a much later episode where she has orange hair and is Higgins niece or something? Higgins reaction to the party cracks me up and good chemistry between Carol Burnett and TS.