6.0 (Pretty Bad)
1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
3%

Total votes: 120

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#16 Post by Doc Ibold »

That would have been sweet if she did "Breaking the Law" in one of the reminiciences...

:wink:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#17 Post by J.J. Walters »

I'd pay money to see Joy's act. She plays several different versions of Morris Albert's "Feelings". She breaks out some Judas Priest songs. And she closes with "One for My Baby (and One More for the Road)" (probably the Iggy Pop version, not the Frank Sinatra version). Who knows what else she has in her repertoire! 8)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#18 Post by IslandHopper »

James J. Walters wrote:Check this out... Joy is apparently a fan of Judas Priest! She has a Judas Priest songbook with her (along with a "Feelings" songbook). LOL!

That would have been great if she had ripped through a piano version of "Living After Midnight" or "Breaking the Law"! :)
Joy is a rocker? Maybe that is why Higgins said the only place she is fit to play is in Cleveland...Home of the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. 8)
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#19 Post by Italian Ice »

Ah, my first post, as I've recently discovered this fantastic website!

This episode is one of my favorites and it made me laugh pretty hard as well as well. I love it when shows use the "Rashômon" style. I saw that movie and its a classic!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042876/

Oh, and Rosine is just beautiful :wink:

"During Rick's story"
Rosine: Rick be careful
Rick: Don't worry baby
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Italian Ice

#20 Post by Italian Ice »

I think this is one of the most underrated episodes of the entire show. It's one of those that I could watch over and over again.

I always crack up up when I see how excited TC gets when the Pig tells everyone to take off their clothes, and of course, Rick's underwear.

I would think the end of the story was that Keoki and the robbers took all the clothes and they all left. He was dropped off a few blocks later and returned while everyone had found some robes and other garments (hence the KKC logo on the bathrobes). Everyone went home except for the gang. I think they were too embarrassed to tell TM about this. That would be my take on what the final story is.

Of course, there was still the story of what happened to old man Rusty......

Italian Ice

#21 Post by Italian Ice »

James. On IMDB, it actually shows the names of the Bunny and the Pig. Turns out the Bunny was also uncredited in some other episodes (I think), and the Pig has been around for quite awhile. No sign of the Gorilla though. If you feel these guys deserve credit or a mention, maybe add them to the guide. I feel they deserve something as they were heavily involved in this amazing episode. Don't forget to mention the Bunny costume in Point #6 in the notes. Only the other 2 are mentioned...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0639664/fullcredits#cast

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#22 Post by J.J. Walters »

Thanks for the "heads up". How could I have forgotten to credit the "Pig" and the "Rabbit"! I've updated the guide.

Tom_Magnum
Personal Guest of Robin Masters

#23 Post by Tom_Magnum »

Thats ok James. This episode was pretty good, and until I saw Joy with the Judas Priest book, I started laughing. Wow, I agree with IslandHopper. Higgins was right 8) .

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Steve »

Hmmmm.........Would the AL East playoff game between the Tigers and the Orioles at Tiger Stadium be on at 2:00am in Oahu? That would make a pretty early (8:00am) start time ............

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

"...because sometimes in Hawaii sporting events air very late at night." And because of the "new sports channel and cable system Robin had installed." ;)

But you are right Steve, it certainly appears to be a live broadcast; the live news break-in, Tanaka asking about the score, etc. The Tigers-Orioles pennant race part is correct, though. They were indeed in a pennant race in 1983.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Steve »

Actually I re-watched the part after I wrote that and TS does say that he had avoided hearing the score, so it was indeed a re-broadcast...MY bad.............

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#27 Post by golfmobile »

Okay, my turn to be the meanie.

The premise of this episode basically makes no sense -- why would anyone rob a private club? :shock: It would have very LITTLE cash on hand because members just usually add their charges to their accounts. Tips for the staff, maybe, but that wouldn't be the club's anyway or be locked up in a safe at the club. What CASH money would actually be on hand to steal? I can't think of a legitimate reason why a private club would have thousands, much less tens of thousands, of cash dollars on the premises.

Don't get me wrong -- I like the episode. I like the ones that deal with the guys and humor built around their characters instead of sometimes glaringly lousy actor guest "stars" and flimsy mystery plots as full of holes as TC's chopper ought to be.

Still, with this foundation, the whole thing sort of "jumps the shark" -- well, maybe just jumps the porpoise . . . . . :D
"Portside, buddy."

Carmen
MPI

#28 Post by Carmen »

Okay, my turn to be the meanie.

...didn`t sleep well, Golf?? :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Italian Ice

#29 Post by Italian Ice »

Golf

In the beginning of the episode, Rick and Higgins mention that the safe was overflowing with cash as no bank deposit was done for a week, which could be a lot of money. Keoki was the inside man who tipped the 3 robbers off so this is where they got that inside man theory from. Makes pretty good sense to me to rob a place if that's the case....

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#30 Post by J.J. Walters »

Steve wrote:Actually I re-watched the part after I wrote that and TS does say that he had avoided hearing the score, so it was indeed a re-broadcast...MY bad.............
Heh, that's pretty funny. When I watched this opening scene again, I totally missed the part where he says he avoided hearing the score!