1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
3%

Total votes: 120

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

Re: I Witness (4.21)

#51 Post by charybdis1966 »

I watched this today thinking it was a new one to me, but as it went on I gradually realised I had seen it before but I couldn't quite remember who was "the inside man" till closer to the end.

Very enjoyable and a good study in how each character views themselves, Rick and Tc as tough men and higgins as the man to take charge and out fox the "blaggards".

I sat bolt upright when I saw the Judas Priest song book - Joy Kelly is definitely my kinda gal as I'm a big JP fan and have seen them around 10 times in concert over the last 25 years or so. Me and joy could have had some fun times; anyway after 60 or so posts I think I've finally uncovered a flub.

When you see the gorgeous Ms. Kelly(during Higgins' recollection) slip the note which turns out to be a song request into a book you can see she puts it in the JP song book, yet when Magnum finds it later it is no longer in the songbook, which is to the right of the inside of the piano stool, but in a pile of papers/books to the left - the note has moved.!

So Mr JJ, do I enter the flub hall of fame !? :)
Last edited by charybdis1966 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re:

#52 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:I'd pay money to see Joy's act. She plays several different versions of Morris Albert's "Feelings". She breaks out some Judas Priest songs. And she closes with "One for My Baby (and One More for the Road)" (probably the Iggy Pop version, not the Frank Sinatra version). Who knows what else she has in her repertoire! 8)
I think she could really piano bar the heck out out of The Preist's "Fever".....
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0KaZ1VSdnY ... KaZ1VSdnYI

Perhaps even more with Halford's solo tune "Prisoner of Your Eyes"
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZE31DHnBr ... ZE31DHnBrg

I'm intrigued!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#53 Post by J.J. Walters »

If you look really closely at the songbook you can see that Joy has bookmarks on "Beyond the Realms of Death"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeKuH114EiA

and "Living After Midnight"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzpHmbwqHLM

:)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#54 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:If you look really closely at the songbook you can see that Joy has bookmarks on "Beyond the Realms of Death"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeKuH114EiA

and "Living After Midnight"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzpHmbwqHLM

:)
That is awesome!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#55 Post by J.J. Walters »

charybdis1966 wrote:I sat bolt upright when I saw the Judas Priest song book - Joy Kelly is definitely my kinda gal as I'm a big JP fan and have seen them around 10 times in concert over the last 25 years or so. Me and joy could have had some fun times; anyway after 60 or so posts I think I've finally uncovered a flub.

When you see the gorgeous Ms. Kelly(during Higgins' recollection) slip the note which turns out to be a song request into a book you can see she puts it in the JP song book, yet when Magnum finds it later it is no longer in the songbook, which is to the right of the inside of the piano stool, but in a pile of papers/books to the left - the note has moved.!

I havn't gone back to look at the scene, but couldn't she just have moved the note herself (sometime after she puts it in the book)?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#56 Post by charybdis1966 »

J.J. Walters wrote:
charybdis1966 wrote:I sat bolt upright when I saw the Judas Priest song book - Joy Kelly is definitely my kinda gal as I'm a big JP fan and have seen them around 10 times in concert over the last 25 years or so. Me and joy could have had some fun times; anyway after 60 or so posts I think I've finally uncovered a flub.

I havn't gone back to look at the scene, but couldn't she just have moved the note herself (sometime after she puts it in the book)?
Yeah, it is possible as it's one of those things that can happen between scenes, but to me it seemed that the director was pointedly ensuring we noticed she put in in the Priest songbook.

Maybe it's more of a continuity inconsistency rather than an actual flub.

So it seems that getting into the flub hall of fame, well, you give me a straw, I'll clutch it. :)

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re:

#57 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Magnums Little Voice wrote:This one was just great, I love the way Rick TC and Higgins all had different versions, and that they all bigged themselves up as the Hero in each!!
Higgins Kung Fu kicks and moves make me laugh so much :D

Poor TM never gets to see the Tigers Win :cry:
They could have done a better job with the stand in double for the Kung Fu kick! :?

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re:

#58 Post by Hawaii Winds »

AJL wrote:Haha i loved it when Joy had the Judas Priest tab book, being a fan I was going to comment on it, but somebody was way faster than there :)
Pretty good episode, a little too many plot holes and unsolved stuff for me, but I still liked it. Rosine is so hot :P
Anyway season 4 has been great. Next up, to watch Echoes of the Mind again, as I remenber it, my favourite episode(s) of the entire show!

I believe, Rosine is now a licensed Real Estate broker on the Island in real life.

EZiller
Captain

#59 Post by EZiller »

A rather fun, comedic episode, one in which all 4 of the main characters share equal screen time. Back in the 70's there was an episode of "All in the Family" that used this idea of having the show characters telling their version of an event, which of course was completely different from each others. While both shows did include quite a bit of exaggeration, I don't think they're too far off of on what happens when you might ask 4 people for their version of something. I liked Joy Kelly, top ten MPI babe, bimbo division.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#60 Post by marlboro »

That style of story is called a "Rashomon" ; named after the Kurosawa movie that employed the same device.

DDD
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#61 Post by DDD »

The range of appreciation for this show has the same range as the characters' accounts as to what happened during the robbery. As for me, this show is not a winner. Why rid the series of Koeki? Fire Joy Kelly? Higgins there at bar close? Only a brief scene in the guesthouse and then it is all at the Club. The episode goes at too slow a pace. Get the money and run.

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#62 Post by Majordomo »

I really enjoyed this episode, but we are left we some unanswered questions:

What happened after they had to remove their clothing that they did not want to reveal?

What happened to the old drunk and his untimely demise?

It puts in mid of the ending to "The People vs. Orville Wright".
"Don't hand me that wretched understatement. I was bloody marvelous."

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#63 Post by marlboro »

Majordomo wrote:I really enjoyed this episode, but we are left we some unanswered questions:

What happened after they had to remove their clothing that they did not want to reveal?

What happened to the old drunk and his untimely demise?

It puts in mid of the ending to "The People vs. Orville Wright".

Those answered questions are just part of the joke. The seemingly never ending night will continue because of the new murder mystery. And the writers probably couldn't come up with anything funnier than what ever the imaginations of their viewers conjure up when hypothesizing about what happened to the guys once they were forced to disrobe.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#64 Post by KingKC »

Not a great episode but for some reason very memorable for me. The complete disrobing was a little surprising and kind of thought provoking as I looked at the "victims." It also made me think what it would be like if I got caught in a real life situation like this...how would I react. The self serving explanations were a little cheesy and the excuse for robbing the place left me flat but as I said: very memorable for some unusual reason.

KingKC

Turkey
Admiral

#65 Post by Turkey »

The Higgins stunt kicks! AWESOME - and that hiss he does too, so good
Make it two weeks.