It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 18%  18%  [ 15 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 28%  28%  [ 24 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 22%  22%  [ 19 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 19%  19%  [ 16 ]
7.5 (Decent) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 85
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:37 am 
Captain

Netsrak wrote:
Croix de Lorraine wrote:
Could anyone help me with the name of the classical piece that's playing in the background in the scene where Higgins is getting ready for dinner carrying a centerpiece, just before they cut to Magnum getting ready to watch the baseball? Thanks!

It's Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

It sounded to me more like a Verdi overture. The Sicilian Vespers maybe?

This is one of the best of Season 4. Quite a moving Higgins character study, as well as, as others have noted, some important Higgins-Magnum interaction re their friendship.

It's also a surf-ski episode! I always like those. I'm watching the entire 8 season in chronological order, and many of the episodes before this skimped on the "outdoorsy" aspects of Hawaii, which is a big factor in my love for this show. As enjoyable as the previous episode, "Limited Engagement," is, that could have taken place in just about any American city.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:51 pm 
Admiral

Still dumbfounded as to how a martial arts expert like Higgins couldn't kick the crap out of the guys in the alley.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:19 pm 
Captain

This is one of my favourite episodes - mainly for Higgins and the Magnum/Higgins relationship. I just don't like the unrealistic fight scene at the end.

One thing I noticed recently: Why did Higgins get such a cheap taxi for Vivian instead of driving her to the airport himself or at least getting her a nice limo? She's "of the realm" and someone Higgins cares deeply for - yet Higgins gets her an old dented up station wagon with cloth seats! It doesn't even have power windows! (there is a "power window sound" when she rolls down the window, but she's clearly cranking a handle)

She's a duchess! Use the Ferrari! (or at least the Audi)

Mark R.Y. wrote:
Netsrak wrote:
Croix de Lorraine wrote:
Could anyone help me with the name of the classical piece that's playing in the background in the scene where Higgins is getting ready for dinner carrying a centerpiece, just before they cut to Magnum getting ready to watch the baseball? Thanks!

It's Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

It sounded to me more like a Verdi overture. The Sicilian Vespers maybe?

There are three pieces of music Higgins listens to while waiting. The second one is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (played too fast, in my opinion), but that's not the one Croix de Lorraine is referring to, the one "just before they cut to Magnum getting ready to watch the baseball". I have no idea what it is, but it sounds like a waltz. I'd like to find out the name of the third piece.

Mrs. Higgins wrote:
Still dumbfounded as to how a martial arts expert like Higgins couldn't kick the crap out of the guys in the alley.

Higgins does a pretty lousy job trying to fight the guys in the alley. Higgins even lets a guy push his cane out of the way as he walks past him - an easy way to disarm him.

Higgins should have fought like in "I Witness". :D

Of course, then the episode would have been over too quickly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7