7.5 (Decent) 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 77
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:40 pm 
Admiral

It's possible Selleck just ad-libbed that part too and the producers liked it because it was so unusual. You'll never see Higgins doing that! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:59 am 
Baron Of GIFs

Maybe he's hoping for a visit from the bottle cap fairy?

I have no clue. That is definitely weird though. Is there a chance that it could be something that was a fad that kids used to do? One of those little childhood things that has gotten lost in the mists of time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:33 am 
Vice Admiral

thechickinthemiddle wrote:
It's possible Selleck just ad-libbed that part too and the producers liked it because it was so unusual. You'll never see Higgins doing that! :lol:

Perhaps. But would the director really let something go through that the audience doesn´t have a chance to understand and would leave them clueless and perhaps even with the feeling that the makers of the show weren´t willing to put enough effort into it?

marlboro wrote:

I have no clue. That is definitely weird though. Is there a chance that it could be something that was a fad that kids used to do? One of those little childhood things that has gotten lost in the mists of time.

Yah, I was thinking at that direction too in a way. It could be something that totally makes sense for some people but leaves others clueless.

I´m always thinking that there must be a convincing explanation because what Magnum does is the only action on the screen at that time (with the camera zoomed in on it) and the audience is forced to notice it :shock: and to interpret it in some way...
On the other hand, if it is something that only very few people understand, this would mean again that the vast majority of the audience is left clueless... :roll:

Any further attempts to explain this, someone?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:29 pm 
Vice Admiral

The wall hanging we see at the side of the front door in Big Sally´s house is the same that we saw in the conference room in the KKC in "The Curse of the King Kamehameha Club".

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 pm 
Commander

Danny Lin wrote:
In this episode Thomas does something that´s kind of weird and that I can´t explain. If someone could provide an explanation that would be very much appreciated.

Here´s what he does:

In the first scene with Thomas, when he´s lying in the hammock, he takes a beer from the cooler and opens it with an opener that is held in his right hand. He takes the crown cork from the bottle with his left hand, leans back on a pillow in the hammock, holds the crown cork in front of his eyes, taking a closer look at it, then takes it in his right hand and seems to position it between his right shoulder and the pillow.

What! on! earth! is he doing there??!!

If this is something that explains from earlier episodes I will eventually come across an explanation but until now I really don´t have a clue.

Perhaps it´s only that in Jororo we don´t do things like that and everyone else knows what it is good for? :P :P

What he's doing is a bottle cap flinging trick wherein the cap is placed between the thumb and middle fingers and the cap is flung away using a finger-snapping motion. He did not get the distance desired, hence the grimace.