It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:14 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Season 3 may have been the best rated season according to Nielsen (#4) but it was definitely middle of the pack at 5th out of 8 in my average episode ratings in Best and Weakest Seasons. Maybe die-hard fans are more critical than the general television viewing public. It was pretty hum-drum if you ask me but then again, I stayed with MPI religiously.

It started out with a bang (literally) and arguably the best episode of the series and also gave us arguably the worst show of the series. (Did You See the Sunrise and Two Birds of a Feather). It ended with a figurative bang when someone got tossed off a lighthouse. (Did anything ever come of that besides Rick's look of astonishment? I barely remembered that when I watched it on this site and don't remember anything else but it has been over 30 years.)

It had a bunch of recognizable names as guest stars including Morgan Fairchild, Ernest Borgnine, Henry Gibson, Annie Potts, William Lucking, Joanna Kerns, Stuart Margolin, James Doohan and the Simon brothers but apparently not enough to make it a truly memorable season in my book. It introduced us to the character of Carol Baldwin and the guest star of Kathleen Lloyd but not as each other.

KingKC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:09 pm 
Vice Admiral

I really enjoyed the first half of season 3, but I find that the last half of season 3 (or maybe it's the last 1/3 or 1/4) brings some of my least favorite episodes, and I have to force myself to watch. It's nice to see that I don't seem to be the only one for whom that is true. I have the last 4 eps to watch before I move on to season 4.