It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 42%  42%  [ 46 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 39%  39%  [ 43 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 8%  8%  [ 9 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
7.5 (Decent) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 110
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:35 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Milton Collins wrote:
terryfromkerry wrote:
Milton Collins wrote:
Watching this one for the first time in a few years. Ok the dude on the telephone pole who reports back to colonel Green is so clearly the guy who plays Doc Ibold it's not even funny lol. I'm not trying to rip on the show (obviously love it to death) but I completely enjoy finding the bit actors who play very different recurring roles.

Hi Milton

If memory serves me correctly the man on the telephone pole was actor /stuntman Robert F. Hoy aka Bob Hoy. :magnum:

Just googled it, your right!!! Good spot, I stand corrected lol:)

Cheers Milton ,

I always enjoy your posts. My first western series as a kid was " THE HIGH CHAPARRAL" . Bob Hoy was one of the regular cast members. I always loved westerns and he featured in many ( Bonanza , The Virginian ,etc back in the day). You are spot on about about the lesser or bit part actors making several appearances on MPI. Bob Hoy was in 4 MPI episodes between 1981 & 1986. :magnum:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:25 am 
Fleet Admiral

Hi Milton and welcome!

If you click on the "Magnum Mania" banner at the top of any Forum page it will take you to the Magnum Mania homepage. From there click on "Episodes" at the top, and you will find the Episode Guide page with detailed info about each episode, including actors.

Have fun! :D

~RG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:45 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Hi Milton and welcome!

If you click on the "Magnum Mania" banner at the top of any Forum page it will take you to the Magnum Mania homepage. From there click on "Episodes" at the top, and you will find the Episode Guide page with detailed info about each episode, including actors.

~RG

Hey Thanks! That will help me on my hobby of spotting character actors (especially the repeat ones!)

Brad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:36 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Milton Collins wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Hi Milton and welcome!

~RG

Hey Thanks! That will help me on my hobby of spotting character actors (especially the repeat ones!)

Brad

You're welcome, Brad! I enjoy scanning the "extras" in the background to find the repeats.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:50 am 
Lieutenant Commander

So I just re-watched one of my favorite TV Drama Episode's of all time ... The above entitled (It blew my socks off, as a kid) ... Sorry, if this has been addressed already, but is the Japanese Ambassador shown, John Hillerman - AKA "Higgins" ???

And who here, really thought TM would "waste" Ivan, in the final scene - Esp. When they first saw it ? ... In today's Military, the term is usually "reduce" ... (Not saying or implying, Ivan did not deserve it in spades) ... But it was what is was, AND what did they do with the Driver ? He heard the shot, and could easily ID Rick & his car (according to "Buck" there were only 14 of them on the Island ... )

LM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:28 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Watched again and just loved it, great overall episode! I can only complain that the TC/Nuzo/Poisoned gum and mind control from 10 plus years before was a little bit of a stretch but well worth it as this episode is one of the best. The vietnam backstory especially, totally gripping and extremely realistic. I can't imagine a more hateable, despicable villain than Ivan, and the ending monalogue between he and TM with Ivan getting "wasted" by Thomas was just an awesome way to end this one. Probably the best ending of the entire series. As Milton Collins would say, "Bravo Magnum" to this entire episode!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:23 pm 
Admiral

This is still one of my favorite Magnum PI episodes, but stil it's not perfect. Besides the magical brainwashing bubble-gum, the idea of a Bulgarian agent looking exactly like Nuzzo, even after plastic surgery, and nailing him down to the voice and the accent is a bit far-fetched.

Also the scenes with Ivan were a bit camp. That cookiiiiie/niggarrrr schtick was unintentionally comical and the whole 'you Amerrricans with yourrr stupid prrrrinciples' speech is a bit cringeworthy seen from this side of the Cold War.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:26 pm 
Captain

Definitely one of the classics. Seeing blood pour out of Cookie while being told to stick his finger in the hole gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:47 am 
Admiral

It's definitely what one would call "squick" nowadays. That said, gushing aside, that blood is too opaque to look all that real.

Anyone else get a Lucie Arnaz vibe from Julie? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8