It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 35%  35%  [ 27 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 29%  29%  [ 22 ]
7.5 (Decent) 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 77
 Post subject: Re: Past Tense (3.5)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:44 pm 
Fleet Admiral

I distinctly remember the last scenes including Higgins "administering" to TC with his talking and TM walking up to the "pillbox/bunker" and wondering why the bad guy just didn't blow TM away. A lot of this episode was pretty convoluted as to a believable plot. It was mostly gratuitous action and suspense but generally enjoyable.

KingKC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 pm 
Admiral

Anyone else notice that Higgins' explanation for telling his stories to a shot T.C. was so T.C. wouldn't slip into a coma? In "Under World", Higgins' stories are exactly what rouses T.C. out of his coma. (Granted, it was because T.C. didn't want to hear said stories anymore, but it's heartwarming nonetheless.) :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:29 pm 
Fleet Admiral

I don't recall how I voted on "Past Tense", but it had to be an 8.5 or 9.0. I saw this episode first run--along with the rest of S3, which was the peak of my childhood MPI interest and still my favorite season.

It seems that the criticisms of this episode stem from the plot, but that never registered with me because I instead focused on the tremendous character bonding that goes on in it.

"Past Tense" is one of the earlier "characters banding together and looking out for each other" episodes and it is for that reason that I rate it so highly. I loved it how Higgins looked after TC and how TM and Rick worked together to find them. TM's voice over summation about their friendship and how fragile a thing it is, Higgins and TC "back to normal" as their arguing will attest, and best of all, Magnum's great smile, which says it all to me as to how he feels about those three guys.

That is why I rate "Past Tense" as highly as I do.

"Past Tense" is essentially a dry run for even better "Band of Brothers" episodes like "Home from the Sea" and "All for One", to name but two.

The next time you watch "Past Tense", watch it not for the well-worn prison escape-and-vengeance plot, but rather the four main characters' regard for one another.

~Tom Selleck

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7