6.0 (Pretty Bad)
1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 134

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#31 Post by Doc Ibold »

lutherhgillis wrote:VM02 wrote, "When Clutterbuck arrived at the estate to tell Magnum that Higgins life was in danger, (A scene we have described, but don't see) How did he get his spear in? Did he have a really long guitar case with him? Theres a good chance Magnum or Rick helped him with his luggage. Did they not notice a 6' long tubular package and ask "What is this?"

Good question. Also, how did he get the spear onboard the plane from London?

Good episode however. I enjoy this one each time I watch it.

Flub Spot: Notice how when Magnum looks out of his bedroom window to talk to Clutterbuck and Rick that he is looking across the broadside of the property. Compare this to the Distant Relative episode when TM looks out of the same window and sees Higgins near the seawall on the backside of the main house.
Myabe the handle unscrews into separate pieces? If he kept it in his suitcase and checked it, could they do anything about it?

Donuts ensucrats
Rear Admiral

#32 Post by Donuts ensucrats »

The end is funny. It seems like Higgins is better in PACMAN than MAGNUM isn't?
Mare de Déu Senyor!!!!!!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by MACattack »

I didn't believe the half baked story about "hemorrhagic fever" for a minute! Still, it was hilarious to see Higgins and Magnum forced to bunk together for a week! I'm sure it was hell.
I just don't give a damn!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by MACattack »

I wonder why Magnum had the munchies throughout this episode. Maybe its because he's always running and surf-skiing.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Sam »

Last edited by Sam on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by MACattack »

I'm not a punk. Thanks for the insult pal, but you don't even know me.

I do not like green eggs and ham, SAM I AM!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Sam »

I deleted my original comment.I had just finished reading a string of your other weed comments and may have over reacted...moving on

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by MACattack »

I forgive you, man. Can't we all just get along?

Anyways, lets talk about something else. At least we're not sharing the guesthouse like Magnum and Higgins did in this episode!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by Sam »

It's okay Mac.

Now,can't we all JUST talk MPI?

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#40 Post by robspace54 »

Having Magnum and Higgins in quarantine was a great ploy and having them at each other's throats was great.

A different sort of mystery where the 'victim' is also the murderer.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

Hawaii84
Captain

#41 Post by Hawaii84 »

Pretty sure this is my favorite episode......Picked up this little jewell on ebay for $10 last Thursday...Had it in my hand on Monday...works!!

Not sure if the wife will let me keep it on the nightstand, though....But it sure looks good!

Opened the package and my 7 year old yelled "Magnum's game! Yea!"
Last edited by Hawaii84 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

All About the Stache
Lieutenant

#42 Post by All About the Stache »

This episode felt... weird. THe Mau-Mau stuff anyway, I loved all the scenes where Magnum was sharing his guest house with Higgins :) The ending felt a bit abrupt though. Thankfully, the episode ended on a good note with TC hiring Magnum for a full 5 seconds to find his woman and Higgins playing the gameMagnum got from Rick. Good stuff!
Magnum: Ivan...
Ivan: Yes?
Magnum: Did you see the sunrise this morning?
Ivan: Yes... Why?
*BANG*

Hawaii84
Captain

#43 Post by Hawaii84 »

Ian McShane makes a pretty good Blackbeard in the new Pirates movie.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by MaiTaiMan »

I love this episode...and it's one of my all-time favorites! :) The plot is superb, and the action and suspense is captivating! You truly believe there's a Mau Mau after Higgins and Ian McShane's character.

I love the spear coming through the door at Ian McShane at the beginning...it makes me jump everytime, even though I know it's coming! LOL! :lol:

I also love the humor between Magnum and Higgins in this one...the gorilla mask, the whoopie cushion Higgins sits on, Magnum purposely making a mess of his house to irritate Higgins, and the Pac Man game--that brings back memories!

But, I also love the care, respect, and even love Magnum, T.C., and Rick truly have for Higgins by going to all that trouble to try and help save his life! I love the plot twist at the end--when who the real Mau Mau is, is finally revealed!

The title is somewhat oddly named, however. I suppose it could refer to race (the black or African Mau Mau coming after the white Brits for what they did to the African Village back in '53), or perhaps it refers more to "good" and "bad" (black--meaning the horror and massacure the Brits did to that African village, and white--the innocent villagers that were brutally butchered or raped by the out of control Brits)? Whatever the case, "Black On White" is one of the best and most suspenseful of the series! Love it everytime! :D
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#45 Post by N1095A »

Hawaii84 wrote:Ian McShane makes a pretty good Blackbeard in the new Pirates movie.
Does he have a spear?
"But Higgins, I can explain."