It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 25%  25%  [ 21 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 29%  29%  [ 24 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 19%  19%  [ 16 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
7.5 (Decent) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 84
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:29 am 
Fleet Admiral

Tuan Vu wrote:
Drew Danforth almost steps on a cat as he chases Magnum out the back door. You can see the cat scurrying out of the way just in time.

Some sidebars on that little incident:

1. Correct. There is a black-and-white cat in the back yard as Danforth comes running out of the door -- which spooks the cat, which runs off around the corner of the house, at which point there is a loud yowling sound (even though Danforth never gets closer to the cat than a pace or two).

2. The subtitle says [bird squawks] ...

3. ... which could be true, because it sure isn't any cat that makes the noise. Our six cats dozed right through that scene, but any time there's actually an angry cat heard on television, they panic: "omigosh, there's a strange cat in here!" Clearly, the cat's line was dubbed, presumably by a human -- poor fellow, his one chance at an acting career usurped!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:25 pm 
Founding Father

Carol the Dabbler wrote:
But I believe what Magnum said was "short sheet" (rather than "short seat") -- comparing what he believes to be an elaborate practical joke to the traditional summer-camp prank (which I hear is also popular in school dorms and the military)

Yeah, it's supposed to be "short sheet", not "short seat". Not sure why I put down "seat". LOL!

"You 'short seat' my whole house and you wanna talk about croquet!?". Then Higgins says, "See, you did have too much cheap rye whiskey last night!". ;)

Carol the Dabbler wrote:
3. ... which could be true, because it sure isn't any cat that makes the noise.

I don't know, it sounded real to me. I've heard feral cats make sounds similiar to that before. "Mmmmmraaawwwrrr!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:04 pm 
Fleet Admiral

It sounded like a cat to me, too. But our six furry little experts dozed right through that scene. Ergo, not a cat. Any time there's a genuine angry cat yowling on the television, they're alert in an instant, looking for that intruder!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:41 am 
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

My cat does the same thing, Carol! :D It's her apartment and she allows us to live here. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:48 pm 
Fleet Admiral

This is a cool epi. Its sort of in the vein of Fantasy Island which was huge in the late 70s.

I think we have all had dreams that seemed very real but strange at the same time. I remember having dreams where I stop and say, "It's time to wake up; this dream is getting wierd".

Were there white people in Hawaii before WW2 ? Also, I don't think stucco and barrel tile roof construction (estate house) was available on Hawaii then but I may be wrong. Anyone know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:26 pm 
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

luthergillis wrote:
Quote:
Were there white people in Hawaii before WW2 ?

The answer to this question is "Yes." I know this because my half brother was born there in 1938. In The Hawaiian Islands, a caucasian person is known as a haole (pronounced how-lee). My half-brother's father was in the military and they resided on the big island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:06 am 
Master Flub Spotter

lutherhgillis wrote:
Were there white people in Hawaii before WW2 ?

White Christians began to inhabit the Hawaiian Island in the 1820s. Sailors before 1820s. One of my favorite all time books is Hawaii by James Michener, which, although a novel, depicts the rich history of the Hawaiian Islands and their people. If you are a fan of Hawaii this book is a must read. This famous book is also mentioned in "All Thieves On Deck."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:06 am 
Fleet Admiral

Have just watched this episode for the first time, and was wondering if any of the car buffs here, can tell me what make of car was used in this episode? Strange shape at the back and just too small for TS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:36 am 
Lieutenant Commander

I was wondering the same thing about the car, perhaps whose it is?

Its clearly a Bugatti, looks to me like a 1927 37A...unsure[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:59 am 
Fleet Admiral

Thanks higgybaby! Have checked back periodically to see if anyone else knows the make. Perhaps it is as you say?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next