6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 100

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#11 Post by rubber chicken »

I found Velma Troubshaw's home, in Kahala of course. (gm link)

Here's TC in an Atlanta Falcons hat. Is that noted as one of his hats? Also, it looks like a little bird on his shirt?

It's good to see Paxton Whitehead from Back to School in this episode. Just as unlikable as ever. :D
Last edited by rubber chicken on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ever thought of going into real estate, rubber chicken? As usual, great find! Kahala again! Another gorgeous property.

And thanks for the sugar mill info guys. A very interesting place with a rich history. It looks like it closed in '96, but some of the old buildings have been converted to shops, including a soap factory. There's also a farmers market and some food vendors. Next time I'm at the North Shore (whenever that will be), I'm definitely going to stop by the Old Waialua Sugar Mill! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#13 Post by golfmobile »

I think the Atlanta Falcons hat for TC was first noticed in the episode with the boxer who was having TM surveill (is that a word?) his wife.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#14 Post by IslandHopper »

golfmobile wrote:I think the Atlanta Falcons hat for TC was first noticed in the episode with the boxer who was having TM surveill (is that a word?) his wife.

golf
Golf,

The episode you are thinking of is "Faith and Begorrah" (season 3).
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#15 Post by golfmobile »

IH,

Thanks, couldn't remember which one that plot-line went with when I posted the message. But isn't that the first one when we noticed the Falcons hat on TC?

Now THAT would be a good question to ask Roger Mosley -- Why did he pick (or the wardrobe people) pick that hat for him? There was no other reference to Atlanta in the show -- with TC's being originally from New Orleans, I would have thought "they" would have put a Saints hat on him, terms of sports teams, basketball, baseball, or football -- a la Magnum's Tigers hat!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#16 Post by rubber chicken »

I can never remember these things... was it known that TC was from New Orleans before he wore the hat for the first time?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#17 Post by Doc Ibold »

rubber chicken wrote:I can never remember these things... was it known that TC was from New Orleans before he wore the hat for the first time?
I think it was b/c the first time we find out TC is from N.O, was in "Operation Silent Night" in Season 4

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

golfmobile wrote:... with TC's being originally from New Orleans, I would have thought "they" would have put a Saints hat on him ... a la Magnum's Tigers hat!
Actually, isn't Magnum supposed to be from Virginia, and the Tigers are from Detroit? (Or am I thinking of the wrong Tigers team?) Anyhow, maybe TC likes the Falcons for some other reason, or maybe he just thought the hat was cool -- or maybe somebody gave him the hat.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#19 Post by IslandHopper »

Carol the Dabbler wrote:
golfmobile wrote:... with TC's being originally from New Orleans, I would have thought "they" would have put a Saints hat on him ... a la Magnum's Tigers hat!
Actually, isn't Magnum supposed to be from Virginia, and the Tigers are from Detroit? (Or am I thinking of the wrong Tigers team?) Anyhow, maybe TC likes the Falcons for some other reason, or maybe he just thought the hat was cool -- or maybe somebody gave him the hat.
You're right Carol. Magnum is supposed to be from Virgina, but I guess he wore the Detroit Tigers cap because he (TS) was born in Detroit, and as a consequence was a fan of the Detroit Tigers.

TC also wears a Los Angeles Lakers cap during the series too. I want to say that he also wore a Los Angeles Raiders cap, but I may be mistaken about this.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

Funny, I had it in my head that TS was from Chicago. But you're right, IH, that does explain why TS would want Magnum to wear a Tigers cap (though it doesn't explain why Magnum would want to wear it).

Along the same lines, it's easy to understand why Roger Mosley would want TC would wear a cap from LA, since that's where Mosley is from (but we still don't really know why TC would wear a cap from either Atlanta or LA).

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#21 Post by Doc Ibold »

Carol the Dabbler wrote:Funny, I had it in my head that TS was from Chicago. But you're right, IH, that does explain why TS would want Magnum to wear a Tigers cap (though it doesn't explain why Magnum would want to wear it).

Along the same lines, it's easy to understand why Roger Mosley would want TC would wear a cap from LA, since that's where Mosley is from (but we still don't really know why TC would wear a cap from either Atlanta or LA).
I think R.E.M. (or the writers) was trying to play up the hometown thing as well, because there was the Atlanta one, then I think a 49ers one, then Raiders, and then Lakers in the final 2 seasons (which makes some sort of sense since R.E.M. is from L.A.).

T.S. was born in Detroit, but moved to SoCal at an early age (but not early enough to forget about the Tigs!). Was it ever REALLY explained why Magnum loved the Tigers? I know somewhere along the line someone said it was because they were his Grandpas favorite team, but I don't remember an episode where that was explicitly stated. We do know Al Kaline (or as Higgins refers to him as "that Canine chap") is Magnums role model, so that may explain it.

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Lily »

Really liked this episode as it was centered around Higgins. However I also agree that it seemed quite out of character for TC and Rick not to be more concerned that Higgins was in a really serious situation.

Carmen
MPI

#23 Post by Carmen »

Watched this one again today and noticed that a mic. is visible in the left corner in minute 39. over Magnums head. Looked somehow funny how it appeared in the Queens picture suddenly :D
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#24 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I'll have to check out this episode again and see if I can spot the mic.

Carmen
MPI

#25 Post by Carmen »

I never see things like that when watching it on TV, but S3 I am watching now on my computer and I find that somehow "more intense"
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)