No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 100

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Foiled Again (3.8)

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

This is the official MM thread for Foiled Again (3.8). All discussions and reviews for this episode should go here. If you wish to rate the episode, please do so with the poll. The avg. score will be the official 'community rating', which will be used on the episode page (updated monthly).

This thread is also linked in the episode page of the Episode Guide.

Original Air Date: 11/11/1982
Magnum struggles to prove Higgins' innocence after he becomes the prime suspect in the murder of his old boarding school nemesis.
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gerry
Ensign

Missing a word.

#2 Post by Gerry »

I just want to know if anyone else has a problem with a line in this episode where Selleck says something like "it was one of those days in paradise" but the word "days" is not actually spoken.
Gerry :)

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hi Gerry,

I actually saw that episode last night, and you're correct, it isn't spoken.

Oddly enough, the 3 episodes I watched last night were Flashback, Foiled Again and Mr White Death, all dealing in one way or another, fathers.

Cue Magnum weird scary ghost noise from "The Woman on the Beach"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

Thanks guys! The missing audio flub has been added to the Episode Guide.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Tuan Vu
Captain

#5 Post by Tuan Vu »

I really like this episode because it is about friendship, honor and sacrifice for others even if it means harm to yourself. Both Magnum and Higgins show exceptional character and integrity in this episode.

The only thing I did not like about the episode was that T.C. and Rick thought that Higgins "offed" Troubshaw. I can understand their suspicion, considering the circumstantial evidence against Higgins, but I thought it was out of character for them to not try to find evidence to exonerate Higgins.

By the way, the statement "You're looking well. Well fed, that is," was made by Troubshaw to Higgins. Higgins did not say that to Magnum. :D

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#6 Post by Shermy »

Tuan Vu wrote:The only thing I did not like about the episode was that T.C. and Rick thought that Higgins "offed" Troubshaw. I can understand their suspicion, considering the circumstantial evidence against Higgins, but I thought it was out of character for them to not try to find evidence to exonerate Higgins.
Yeah, I always thought that seemed a little out of character for Rick and T.C.- especially by that point in the series.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#7 Post by J.J. Walters »

Anyone know where this is located?

Tralfaz
Admiral

#8 Post by Tralfaz »

"..outasight!.." - Tyler Peabody McKinney

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#9 Post by J.J. Walters »

Cool, thanks Tral!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#10 Post by rubber chicken »

Awesome, thanks again! There's also a wiki page for this. Referred to as Walakana Suger in the show, and Waialua Sugar Mill in real life.

Actually pretty near TC's place.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#11 Post by rubber chicken »

I found Velma Troubshaw's home, in Kahala of course. (gm link)

Here's TC in an Atlanta Falcons hat. Is that noted as one of his hats? Also, it looks like a little bird on his shirt?

It's good to see Paxton Whitehead from Back to School in this episode. Just as unlikable as ever. :D
Last edited by rubber chicken on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ever thought of going into real estate, rubber chicken? As usual, great find! Kahala again! Another gorgeous property.

And thanks for the sugar mill info guys. A very interesting place with a rich history. It looks like it closed in '96, but some of the old buildings have been converted to shops, including a soap factory. There's also a farmers market and some food vendors. Next time I'm at the North Shore (whenever that will be), I'm definitely going to stop by the Old Waialua Sugar Mill! :)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#13 Post by golfmobile »

I think the Atlanta Falcons hat for TC was first noticed in the episode with the boxer who was having TM surveill (is that a word?) his wife.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#14 Post by IslandHopper »

golfmobile wrote:I think the Atlanta Falcons hat for TC was first noticed in the episode with the boxer who was having TM surveill (is that a word?) his wife.

golf
Golf,

The episode you are thinking of is "Faith and Begorrah" (season 3).
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#15 Post by golfmobile »

IH,

Thanks, couldn't remember which one that plot-line went with when I posted the message. But isn't that the first one when we noticed the Falcons hat on TC?

Now THAT would be a good question to ask Roger Mosley -- Why did he pick (or the wardrobe people) pick that hat for him? There was no other reference to Atlanta in the show -- with TC's being originally from New Orleans, I would have thought "they" would have put a Saints hat on him, terms of sports teams, basketball, baseball, or football -- a la Magnum's Tigers hat!

golf
"Portside, buddy."