6.0 (Pretty Bad)
6%
5.0 (Just Awful)
3%

Total votes: 95

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by lutherhgillis »

You guys must be fancy fellers... I wear the same pair of shorts for days... :wink:

D you think Magnum changed while driving the Ferrari back to the estate? It must have been all that sweat from Ginger... But why didn't he change his shirt? :?

Maybe he peed on himself from the frustration with that whiny little ... tennis player screaming chick? :lol:

Cheers.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#42 Post by rubber chicken »

Peeing his shorts is a really good guess Luther, but I happen to know that there was a scene showing Magnum going through the drive-through of a Macho Taco joint. En route to the estate he was driving with his left hand and eating the taco and shifting gears with his right. Quite unexpectedly he had to swerve to avoid a mongoose (a rather large mongoose) and the taco tipped over allowing hot sauce to flow from the taco onto his shorts. The scene ended up being cut due to time restraints. :(

charybdis1966
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by charybdis1966 »

Oh dear, this is a pretty poor episode - it even has a friend who is never mentioned before and never seen since as TM's love interest.
The only comedy to be had is in watching actors trying to look competent in playing tennis.
I was actually hoping the brat would get wasted, before it was revealed to be her idea all the time, sorry I sound really mean.

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#44 Post by robspace54 »

Higgins "aceing" the serve to Magnum is pretty funny as in the windup Higgins has the tennis racket in his right hand and ball in left. He throws both arms up and we can then see his right hand is now EMPTY! Yet the ball blows past TM at 100 mph. The crew must have had a good laugh shooting this I'll bet.

Not that great of an episode but "Ginger" was another past love that got away.

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

Milo Minderbinder
Lieutenant

#45 Post by Milo Minderbinder »

Shermy wrote: It's also great to see Henry Gibson visiting the islands. Despite his long career, my favorite role of his will always be Dr. Werner Klopek in The `Burbs. ("My brother...the Dok-tor!") There's a nice scene where Ronald finally begins to tip his hand, and you can literally see Magnum's little voice trying to warn Thomas that, "Hey, there's something 'off' about this guy!" :idea: :!:
The Burbs is one of my favorite movies and I was a bit surprised that my 6 year old noticed "The Doctor" in this episode.

The last few episodes I have watched of this year (I only see the online ones on Netflix, and not all are available) it seems like Higgins has become much more mean-spirited. Even my son said he though Higgins was mean. For example, in an episode earlier in the season, Higgins lectures Magnum about honor and uses his military record as an example of why he himself is honorable. That seems like a stupid thing to say to a Navy officer who graduated from Annapolis and saw combat action as a Seal. What I realized, however, is that when this season was shot, there was probably a lot less respect for American serviceman, so even though Magnum had the bona fides in spades, most people probably still had a negative association because of Vietnam. Anyway, I do still think the show was trying to push the animosity between Magnum and Higgins and went too far.

All About the Stache
Lieutenant

#46 Post by All About the Stache »

Boy, that teen tennis player was annoying, Magnum should have slapped her or something. Not one of the better episode of season 3, but not bad at all. The Higgins serve to Magnum at the tennis court was probably the funniest part of the episode :)
Magnum: Ivan...
Ivan: Yes?
Magnum: Did you see the sunrise this morning?
Ivan: Yes... Why?
*BANG*

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#47 Post by miltontheripper »

I actually really like this episode. Good characters and the surprise villain at the end made for a nice twist.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by zebra3 »

You know what, any way you put it, I like this one. It's a fun episode that has some great moments between the gang.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by MaiTaiMan »

This one was decent...I liked the idea of Magnum reuniting with an old flame, and then she is suspected in the terrorizing/attempted murder of this spoiled young tennis star. Made for an interesting conflict of interest when Magnum is hired to protect the brat. :wink:

The young tennis girl annoyed the crap out of me...and most of the time I kept thinking--maybe the psycho will succeed and take her out...to shut her up! :o Not really, though. :P I know she was supposed to be annoying. The doll thing, of chopping its leg off and hanging it by a noose in her locker was kind of freaky--decent scare-tactic.

Kind of a sad ending for Magnum though...when he still hopes for a chance with Ginger, but she blows him off and seems to not have a clue. But, you knew that had to happen somewhere along the line.
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Doc Fred
Admiral

#50 Post by Doc Fred »

So agreed with those who laugh at the "pro" tennis players' abilities in the film. And also with Orville's "technique"..

This had one of the best endings in the series: Higgins: "T.C. Baby, it ain't over 'til it's over."

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by Seaver41 »

lutherhgillis wrote:Si, Doc. I agree.

Hey, isn't Arte Johnson the guy from Laugh In that wore the army helmet and said 'very inter-esting' ?

I just do not think that even with a knife that Arte Johnson posed a threat to anyone. Ginger should have stuff him into a locker... Didn't he have a pocket knife at that? That Kenny Phelps guy must have been some more of a wus to get killed by the little guy...

Did anyone notice Phelps move after TM finds him dead?
The teenage tennis player and her mom deserve the b*$@% award for the season. They were unsufferable.
he wasn't dead.....just out cold and you see him slowly coming around. The giveaway is you don't see Magnum check for vitals. Name in closing credits is Nels Van Patten....son of Dick Van Patten....and if memory serves me right, Nels was once an aspiring tennis player that never quite made it so he was well cast as Kenny.

Not a great episode, but in watching it again, the episode is worth it alone for the Higgins/TC exchange. You either hear Higgins tell TC to stop calling him Higgy baby or he simply doesn't acknowledge it, but when he straightens up, shoulders back, chest out and says "TC baby, it ain't over til it's over"........it has to be one of his top 3 classic lines if not the best.

Kim Richards looked gooood back in the day (I'm a sucker for 2 things on a woman-long hair and um, uh, oh hell...chesticles). Now she is a train wreck. Somebody posted she looked like Demi Moore.....I have to agree there is some similarity as if they could be related (but aren't to my knowledge).

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by Steve »

Seaver41 wrote:
lutherhgillis wrote:Si, Doc. I agree.

Hey, isn't Arte Johnson the guy from Laugh In that wore the army helmet and said 'very inter-esting' ?

I just do not think that even with a knife that Arte Johnson posed a threat to anyone. Ginger should have stuff him into a locker... Didn't he have a pocket knife at that? That Kenny Phelps guy must have been some more of a wus to get killed by the little guy...

Did anyone notice Phelps move after TM finds him dead?
The teenage tennis player and her mom deserve the b*$@% award for the season. They were unsufferable.
he wasn't dead.....just out cold and you see him slowly coming around. The giveaway is you don't see Magnum check for vitals. Name in closing credits is Nels Van Patten....son of Dick Van Patten....and if memory serves me right, Nels was once an aspiring tennis player that never quite made it so he was well cast as Kenny.

Not a great episode, but in watching it again, the episode is worth it alone for the Higgins/TC exchange. You either hear Higgins tell TC to stop calling him Higgy baby or he simply doesn't acknowledge it, but when he straightens up, shoulders back, chest out and says "TC baby, it ain't over til it's over"........it has to be one of his top 3 classic lines if not the best.

Kim Richards looked gooood back in the day (I'm a sucker for 2 things on a woman-long hair and um, uh, oh hell...chesticles). Now she is a train wreck. Somebody posted she looked like Demi Moore.....I have to agree there is some similarity as if they could be related (but aren't to my knowledge).
You are correct about him being a tennis player, actually both he and his brother Vince were Pro's for a while............I don't think Kim is related to Demi Moore but one of her sister's is Kathy Richard's, the mother of (uugh) Paris Hilton.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#53 Post by J.J. Walters »

Seaver41 wrote:Kim Richards looked gooood back in the day (I'm a sucker for 2 things on a woman-long hair and um, uh, oh hell...chesticles).
Well then, this is the episode for you! None of the female guest stars in this episode, and I mean none, wear a brassiere! Not even on the tennis court! :shock:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by Seaver41 »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Seaver41 wrote:Kim Richards looked gooood back in the day (I'm a sucker for 2 things on a woman-long hair and um, uh, oh hell...chesticles).
Well then, this is the episode for you! None of the female guest stars in this episode, and I mean none, wear a brassiere! Not even on the tennis court! :shock:
I may have noticed that.......maybe. :wink:

Bes
Commander

#55 Post by Bes »

Mediocre episode; a few funny bits almost redeem it.