#21 Post by Danno »

'Oh you behave or else she'll get mad at you too...'
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#22 Post by robspace54 »

This was a great episode, IMO.

There are 32 USS Arizona survivors interred aboard at least as of 2008. I can't post my photo of the left hand memorial wall on the memorial. But they are there. I think that interrments are made by scuba divers who place the urns inside the forward hull - not dropped by boat. But a poignant ending to the episode - and a fitting ending for this Pearl Harbor story.

Nice to see them bring back Jean Bruce Scott (Lt. Maggie Poole) and to watch TM discussing Mac Reynolds (and how he alters his appeal from jelly doughnuts to heart appeal). Also to see Kathleen Lloyd in her first Magnum role.

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

firefly
Commander

#23 Post by firefly »

robspace54 wrote:
Nice to see them bring back Jean Bruce Scott (Lt. Maggie Poole) and to watch TM discussing Mac Reynolds (and how he alters his appeal from jelly doughnuts to heart appeal).
excellent points. it is great to see the writers maintain a level of continuity by not "forgetting" mac. all too often television shows seem to forget major plot twists after a episode or two, like it never occurred at all.

Milo Minderbinder
Lieutenant

#24 Post by Milo Minderbinder »

Good episode. I like the way Magnum played on the Admiral's sense of honor at the end to get him to do the right thing. Nice touch. I also liked the way they dealt with the Japanese experience in post Pearl Harbor Hawaii.

A minor flub was Higgins' use of the camera - he was holding it incorrectly. Since he is supposed to be an expert with cameras, he should have been cradling the camera body with his left hand (assuming he's right handed) and adjusting the lens from below. Instead, he's adjusting it from the side - total amateur mistake.

Also thought it was funny in the opening scene with Agatha using a Sawzall like a jigsaw. Not sure if that was intended, as if meaning she wouldn't know she was using the wrong type of saw, or if they just handed her whatever was handy from the set.

All About the Stache
Lieutenant

#25 Post by All About the Stache »

I think this episode was just OK, too little action in it IMO. I did, however, like the respect they showed for the people lost in Pearl Harbor.
Magnum: Ivan...
Ivan: Yes?
Magnum: Did you see the sunrise this morning?
Ivan: Yes... Why?
*BANG*

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by MaiTaiMan »

This one's a good one...another episode dealing with the attack on Pearl Harbor! I love history, and stuff that deals with that fateful day.

This episode really does a good job of creating believable and heart-touching characters and storylines of people's lives during and after the Pearl Harbor attack!

The plot of this is good, and Kathleen Lloyd does an excellent job--before taking over the regular role of D.A. Carol Baldwin in next season's "Distant Relative". :wink:

Good plot, action, characterization, and a perfect ending! :)
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#27 Post by miltontheripper »

This one was pretty average for me, although I liked Kathleen Lloyds first appearance. It was interesting to have a focus on Pear Harbor and I didn't think it was a bad episode, just not that great either.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by MaiTaiMan »

miltontheripper wrote:This one was pretty average for me, although I liked Kathleen Lloyds first appearance. It was interesting to have a focus on Pear Harbor and I didn't think it was a bad episode, just not that great either.
True...probably not the best episode dealing with Pearl Harbor. In my opinion, that's first season's "Lest We Forget" (as my signature is a quote by Magnum from that episode, and it's one of my all-time favorites), however, I thought this one was still pretty entertaining.

I like history, and I really like storylines or episodes dealing with that fateful day on December 7, 1941.
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Seaver41 »

nice episode and you really can see how Kathleen Lloyd made her mark in this one. Though we've seen multiple actors play multiple roles, it is usually one and done. She must've left a strong impression to get the regular gig.

robburne
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#30 Post by robburne »

I watched this episode last night and there are couple of points that didn't make sense to me. I was tired and struggling to to focus so I'm not sure if the following our holes in the plot or not:

1. When Magnum visits Vic Stout in his office he presents him with evidence of his car heist operation. At this point Vic begins to co-operate and was about to give Magnum the names of the personal who set up Miles Archer. That is until Bridget busts into the office. a this point Vic turns and plays hardball demanding the negatives before the car is returned.

Why does Vic suddenly become uncooperative when Bridget busts into the office?

2. At the end of the episode Vic shows up at the parade in his limo. He begins to tell Magnum that he 'liked' Magnum's Muxie/Muxy(?). He then tells Magnum that they both speak too much and to the wrong people.

Who had Magnum been speaking to and what had he said?

Why does Vic show up at the parade at the end of the episode?

I don't really understand why Vic is key to this episode and the clearing of Miles Archer name. Surely Magnum only needs to convince the Admiral Wheeler that Miles Archer was framed (which he eventually does) and further Miles' innocence proved if his former lover Iko steps forward to testify.

Or am I missing something?

BTW what is an SP. Admiral Wheeler says he can help Bridget find one "as well as help you solve your other problems" - at the end of the episode.

I'll be interested to hear your opinions.

Rob.
Last edited by robburne on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#31 Post by Pahonu »

robburne wrote:I watched this episode last night and there are couple of points that didn't make sense to me. I was tired and struggling to to focus so I'm not sure if the following our holes in the plot or not:

1. When Magnum visits Vic Stout in his office he presents him with evidence of his car heist operation. At this point Vic begins to co-operate and was about to give Magnum the names of the personal who set up Miles Archer. That is until Bridget busts into the office. a this point Vic turns and plays hardball demanding the negatives before the car is returned.

Why does Vic suddenly become uncooperative when Bridget busts into the office?

2. At the end of the episode Vic shows up at the parade in his limo. He begins to tell Magnum that he 'liked' Magnum's Muxie/Muxy(?). He then tells Magnum that they both speak too much and to the wrong people.

Who had Magnum been speaking to and what had he said?

Why does Vic show up at the parade at the end of the episode?

I don't really understand why Vic is key to this episode and the clearing of Miles Archer name. Surely Magnum only needs to convince the Admiral Wheeler that Miles Archer was framed (which he eventually does) and further Miles' innocence proved if his former lover Iko steps forward to testify.

Or am I missing something?

BTW what is an SP. Admiral Wheeler says he can help Bridget find one "as well as help you solve your other problems" - at the end of the episode.

I'll be interested to hear your opinions.

Rob.[/i]
I don't know all the answers and I haven't seen this one in a long time, but "moxy" means "guts" or "courage" and "SP" is Shore Patrol, the Navy's version of MP or Military Police.

Kudu buck
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#32 Post by Kudu buck »

deleted
Last edited by Kudu buck on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Almost Home (3.11)

#33 Post by ConchRepublican »

An example of the little things I think make this show so good . . .

At the end, when they are interring Bridget's father with his shipmates on the Arizona and they are all standing on the boat you can see Magnum standing at military attention. To me, the attention to his character as a former Naval Officer, even when more part of the background of the scene than the focus, shows how everyone understood the little things that complete the picture.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Kalai-pahoa
Captain

#34 Post by Kalai-pahoa »

robspace54 wrote:This was a great episode, IMO.

There are 32 USS Arizona survivors interred aboard at least as of 2008. I can't post my photo of the left hand memorial wall on the memorial. But they are there. I think that interrments are made by scuba divers who place the urns inside the forward hull - not dropped by boat. But a poignant ending to the episode - and a fitting ending for this Pearl Harbor story.

Rob
here is the picture of the wall you were talking about. I notice that the first survivor was interred in 1982 and this episode aired on 12/9/1982! :shock:
I know what you're thinking, but this time you're wrong.

Kalai-pahoa
Captain

#35 Post by Kalai-pahoa »

I've found out the location used as Bridget's hotel ("I can afford to stay in this dump a couple more days").

The current name is 'Hokele Suites' and it is located at 412 Lewers Street. You can still see the pool area used in the scene.

It was quite easy to find out it because you can easily read the address '412 Lewe' in a frame of the scene, that is 412 Lewers Street. 8)
I know what you're thinking, but this time you're wrong.