It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 18%  18%  [ 11 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 26%  26%  [ 16 ]
7.5 (Decent) 19%  19%  [ 12 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 62
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 am 
Fleet Admiral

Contrary to some concerning this episode, I found it to be amazing, and it's also one of my favorites from season 3! This one is very touching and heart-felt for Magnum...and for the viewer.

The flashbacks to Vietnam were superbly and realistically done...awesome! :) I liked the plot, with Magnum reuniting with Karen and finding out she's being accused of murdering patients! :o

Although who really was behind it all was somewhat predictable...I still find this episode captivating and enjoyable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:16 pm 
Fleet Admiral

this one did a good job of hiding the conclusion longer than most. Of course then, one never trusts Col. Flagg :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:37 pm 
Commander

I enjoyed this episode personally. Good red herrings as mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 pm 
Lieutenant

Loved the 14th century house they were building for the lads. Higgins tells Rick how much Zues and Apollo will appreciate they're hard work and then one of the lads is seen hiking his leg and marking the side of it! Hilarious and classic!

Post subject: Re: Heal Thyself (3.12)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:09 pm 
Admiral

Are we supposed to believe that the University of Hawai'i would allow any mug to borrow valuable 17th plans from their archives so he can built a kennel for his dogs?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:04 pm 
Baron Of GIFs

I thought this was a better than average episode. It had a bit more mystery and a bit less humor than the last few episodes which is a plus in my book.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:25 am 
Admiral

I really enjoyed it. I really enjoy Marcia Strassman and I thought she was great in this role. I didn't really like the whole "getting my sister off of heroine slowly" part of it because it didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the story at all, but that was my one real gripe. This one kind of set up Magnum's dislike for the press. It also had all of the great classic elements of Magnum, p.i. to it. It had humor, action, mystery, helicopter use, and a tie in with the military. It was also kind of different to have someone Magnum knew well in Nam that didn't have ties to TC and Rick.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:41 pm 
Fleet Admiral

SignGuyHPW wrote:
I really enjoyed it. I didn't really like the whole "getting my sister off of heroine slowly" part of it because it didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the story at all, but that was my one real gripe. This one kind of set up Magnum's dislike for the press. It also had all of the great classic elements of Magnum, p.i. to it. It had humor, action, mystery, helicopter use, and a tie in with the military. It was also kind of different to have someone Magnum knew well in Nam that didn't have ties to TC and Rick.

I agree that this was a good enjoyable episode and I rated it an 8.0. I hadn't seen it in years and liked it more than I remembered. It really was a very good mystery and kept me guessing who was behind the framing. And yes it was interesting to see someone from Nam that didn't know TC and Rick, I found that interesting as well. Very realistic Viet Nam war scenes as well and I thought it was interesting how they showed how it wasn't just the front line soldiers who came back messed up but the nurse's were damaged too. I loved the dog house and Higgins lording over Rick and TC as they built it only for it to be peed on by one of the Lad's lol. So I have a comment, I found "Daniels" the reporter to be absolutely despicable and LOVED it when Magnum punched him into the pool.

I am posing this question, who is the more dislikable reporter from Magnum, Daniels in this one or Jeff Spangler in Death and Taxes? Both are extremely annoying and pushy and draw the ire and wrath of one Thomas Sullivan Magnum.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:15 pm 
Admiral

Milton Collins wrote:
I am posing this question, who is the more dislikable reporter from Magnum, Daniels in this one or Jeff Spangler in Death and Taxes? Both are extremely annoying and pushy and draw the ire and wrath of one Thomas Sullivan Magnum.

My vote goes to Spangler. He was not only annoying he was extremely reckless and dangerous. He could've easily gotten either himself or other people killed in the name of getting a story. Daniels was more of just an overbearing guy looking to get reactions. He didn't seem the type to interfere with things to the point he'd be putting lives in danger.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:03 pm 
Fleet Admiral

SignGuyHPW wrote:
Milton Collins wrote:

My vote goes to Spangler. He was not only annoying he was extremely reckless and dangerous. He could've easily gotten either himself or other people killed in the name of getting a story. Daniels was more of just an overbearing guy looking to get reactions. He didn't seem the type to interfere with things to the point he'd be putting lives in danger.

I'm with you! While I couldn't stand Daniels character Spangler was downright despicable!! I found myself laughing as Milton Collins tied him up and gagged him and dragged him by his hair to the pool, he deserved some abuse!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next