6.0 (Pretty Bad)
3%
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 94

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Frodoleader »

In this episode, TM metions when he writes his book, "How to become an ace private investigator". I always thought it was a "world class" private investigator.
Katherine Cannon was actually pretty good in this episode.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#22 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I always thought it was world class private investigator as well. I neve remember him saying ace investigator. I'll have to revisit this one.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Danno »

Watched this one tonight. Sometimes I wish they'd let Higgins talk- it would be great to have a g & t with Higgins and hear his war stories...

Not sure if I've ever seen a limo chase a limo before?
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by robspace54 »

I gave this episode an 8 and most appear to agree. Not that great of a story - but opening with the 'wedding' is a shocker. Note that you never hear Magnum say 'I do' as someone from the groom's side blows their nose... Was it Higgins? :D

Rob

p.s Kathy McCullen who was "Mary Jane Lodato" played for 7 episodes in Baa Baa Black Sheep.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

All About the Stache
Lieutenant

#25 Post by All About the Stache »

A pretty clever episode, never saw that twist coming. His "wife" really bugged me though.
Magnum: Ivan...
Ivan: Yes?
Magnum: Did you see the sunrise this morning?
Ivan: Yes... Why?
*BANG*

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#26 Post by miltontheripper »

I actually liked this episode a great deal. The wedding reception and Rick's hangover the next day cracked me up. Agree with the above comment about calling his book "ace" detective rather than "world class" stood out as strange to me as well. I had never put together that Katherine Cannon had been in the previous season 1 epsiode "thank goodness for little girls and big ones too" interesting. Have to say she's not hard on the eyes but was a bit obnoxious in this episode. Overall I liked it.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Don't really care for this one...pretty ridiculous and "dorky". :? This episode, as well as "Two Birds of a Feather" and "Basket Case" are probably my least favorite from season 3.

The wife annoyed the heck out of me, and the whole episode was way too slap-stick for me. :roll: I liked the idea of Magnum faking a marriage to investigate a possible thief in a company. That was interesting and an idea that most shows didn't usually do. But, they didn't do it that seriously...and made it more ridiculous than entertaining. :x

However, as goofy as this sounds, the one thing I found somewhat interesting to watch was towards the end with the limo chase. I love cars, so I liked the idea that they had an old Cadillac limo up against an old Lincoln Limo! But, that's just one little weird quirk I noticed...nothing major or note-worthy. :wink:
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Seaver41 »

decent episode for banter. Plot pretty thin though. Season 3 is quickly running out of gas.

.45caliber
Lieutenant Commander

#29 Post by .45caliber »

I really like this episode, it is very funny. I agree with Island Hopper, Katherine Cannon looks much better in Thank Heaven for Little Girls...
I thought it was so comical how TM wasn't really married yet it was just like a real marriage with the constant nagging and bitchiness, I could totally feel for Thomas. Great episode!

snp389
Captain

#30 Post by snp389 »

Pretty cool episode I reckon.

I rate Katherine Cannon. I think she's a babe. I remember her when I was only 9 years old in Battlestar Galactica for one Ep, along with Lance LeGault playing her brother.

It's a crack-up scene at the dinner table when 'Marsha" serves up some sort of a caserole that must be absolutely repugnant. The fact that the sound editors add in the 'fly noises' gives the whole scene a very funny edge.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#31 Post by J.J. Walters »

.45caliber wrote:I thought it was so comical how TM wasn't really married yet it was just like a real marriage with the constant nagging and bitchiness, I could totally feel for Thomas. Great episode!
LOL! It doesn't take long, does it! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re:

#32 Post by Hawaii Winds »

J.J. Walters wrote:True, but she's oh so smokin' hot! :)
Cougar/Milf

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: I Do? (3.17)

#33 Post by Sam »

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#34 Post by Milton Collins »

Doc Ibold wrote:Just saw this episode and have come to this conclusion:

Marsha MacKenzie is being added to the list of characters that irritate me to no end, that being Goldie Morris, Shelly Faraday, Betty Windham, and whoever that reporter guy was from "Heal Thyself".

Ugh, I gotta feel for Magnum on this one.

That guy reporter in Heal Thyself and Shelly Farady are the two worst of all time in my opinion.

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

#35 Post by Milton Collins »

Hawaii Winds wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:True, but she's oh so smokin' hot! :)
Cougar/Milf

Agree on both accounts, wowowowowowowow!!