6.0 (Pretty Bad)
3%
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 94

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#31 Post by J.J. Walters »

.45caliber wrote:I thought it was so comical how TM wasn't really married yet it was just like a real marriage with the constant nagging and bitchiness, I could totally feel for Thomas. Great episode!
LOL! It doesn't take long, does it! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re:

#32 Post by Hawaii Winds »

J.J. Walters wrote:True, but she's oh so smokin' hot! :)
Cougar/Milf

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: I Do? (3.17)

#33 Post by Sam »

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#34 Post by Milton Collins »

Doc Ibold wrote:Just saw this episode and have come to this conclusion:

Marsha MacKenzie is being added to the list of characters that irritate me to no end, that being Goldie Morris, Shelly Faraday, Betty Windham, and whoever that reporter guy was from "Heal Thyself".

Ugh, I gotta feel for Magnum on this one.

That guy reporter in Heal Thyself and Shelly Farady are the two worst of all time in my opinion.

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

#35 Post by Milton Collins »

Hawaii Winds wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:True, but she's oh so smokin' hot! :)
Cougar/Milf

Agree on both accounts, wowowowowowowow!!

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by Milton Collins »

I have always really liked this episode for some reason. The faked wedding, the hot blonde (even though she's terribly mean and reminds me of my soon to be ex-wife lol) the cottage and the overall plot were all fun! I love when Rick drops the plastic champagne glass after calling Higgins a snob and telling him how much he liked the chanmpagne. Season 3 to me is possibly the best of the entire series. The outstanding episodes (Of Sound Mind, Did You See the Sunrise, Mixed Doubles, etc.) just keep rolling on!

Harold Farber
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#37 Post by Harold Farber »

Really surprised at this one's rating (8.0), definitely one of the weaker episodes of not only Season 3 but the entire series IMO.

eltonsean
Captain

#38 Post by eltonsean »

Harold Farber wrote:Really surprised at this one's rating (8.0), definitely one of the weaker episodes of not only Season 3 but the entire series IMO.
I unfortunately have to agree with you, HF. I also don't understand why this episode is rated so high. that woman actor is annoying and the bickering between her and Magnum never stops. Is it supposed to be comical? No, it's just too over the top. a weak, tiresome episode and the worst of season 3, IMO.
"Living well is the best revenge".

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by KingKC »

I cannot remember this one period!!! It would be unusual that I missed it originally or in a summer rerun but almost impossible since I have watched two syndicated reruns of MPI with the series shown twice and watched those pretty religiously. This one must have had nothing in to keep my attention!!

KingKC

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#40 Post by MaximRecoil »

Katherine Cannon's reaction after the kiss was brilliant (and hilarious). The writing of that scene was dead-on (a perfect illustration of the "woman who doesn't know what she wants" stereotype), and Cannon nailed it with her acting. The verisimilitude of that scene was off the charts.

jeffran
Captain

#41 Post by jeffran »

Whew! Rated 6.5.

So, I'm supposed to believe that, after a fairly extravagant wedding, the bride and groom return to work the very next day, and that same day the groom is made vice president of the company? And this is the believable cover for the investigator?

And while I understand that Higgins can be a bit of a snob, I think it's out of character for him to belittle the wedding proceedings so publicly. I would think that he would consider that very rude. Rick and TC behave oddly as well. This is one of those episodes that feels like it was written for another show, was (for some reason) made into a MPI episode, and where the writer had only a superficial understanding of the characters.

For me, one of the worst season 3 episodes, and a strong contender for my bottom 10 of seasons 1-4.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by K Hale »

jeffran wrote:Whew! Rated 6.5.

So, I'm supposed to believe that, after a fairly extravagant wedding, the bride and groom return to work the very next day, and that same day the groom is made vice president of the company? And this is the believable cover for the investigator?

And while I understand that Higgins can be a bit of a snob, I think it's out of character for him to belittle the wedding proceedings so publicly. I would think that he would consider that very rude. Rick and TC behave oddly as well. This is one of those episodes that feels like it was written for another show, was (for some reason) made into a MPI episode, and where the writer had only a superficial understanding of the characters.

For me, one of the worst season 3 episodes, and a strong contender for my bottom 10 of seasons 1-4.
Concur with all of this. The whole thing is unbelievable on a lot of levels.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

karolis
Admiral

#43 Post by karolis »

I know that this may be under many episodes, but it was this one that in the intro i noticed T.C. wearing golden chopper necklace:

Coops present: check

Coops on the table (bottom)

Magnum's saxophone rears its amusing, ugly head again! And Magnum enjoys some Fig Newton's dipped in milk, a favorite snack.
- from Episode Guide:

Season 3 Top up to this episode:

1. Black on White
2-3. Did You See the Sunrise?
4. Flashback
5. Off Sound Mind
6. The Eighth Part of the Village
7. The Arrow That is Not Aimed
8. Past Tense
9. Almost Home
10. Heal Thyself
11. Birdman of Budapest
12. Basket Case
13. Ki'i's Don't Lie
14. Mixed Doubles
15. Mr. White Death
16. I Do?
17. Foiled Again

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#44 Post by ENSHealy »

J.J. Walters wrote:It's hard to tell with Marsha nagging Magnum to death (!), but I don't think that's Pat O'Brien's voice. It's similiar, but I don't think it's him.
My guess is Curt Gowdy.
Carmen wrote:Not sure if this one is a flub, but I found it very strange:
When Marsha comes into Magnums office after he was hitten by that boxes she leaves the door open and they start to talk about whether he blew the cover or not. His secretary can be seen sitting outside, they would never talk about something secretly without closing the door, would they?
I had the same thought, she was certainly not being discreet. But given how bipolar her character was, I think we can assume she is only barely in control of her actions.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by ENSHealy »

I DO?
Hawaiian shirts:
Island Hopper shirts:
Body Count:
Shirtless:
Little Voice:
I know what you’re thinking:
When I write HTBAWCPI: 1
Investigator corrections: 2
Magnum injuries:
Higgins musings: 1
4th wall breaks:
Negotiations:
Famous guest stars:
Magnumometer: 4

Potential magnumania usernames: Mary Jane Lodato, Son of the Sheikh of Yahoo

Higgins Clubs: Ornithological Society

Not too terribly much to say about this one, other than I too wondered who goes to work the day after their wedding. Perhaps when the job only requires that you saunter in at 10 after breakfast at the Club, you feel more dedicated to it.

It was amusing to note that Thomas found his VP job worthy of coat and tie...but not socks.

CRUCIAL CONVERSATIONS

Magnum: When I write my book on how to be an ace private investigator, one of the first chapters is going to be on family squabbles. There's a thousand variations but the MacKenzies were a classic combination of money, power and sibling rivalry. A pretty potent mix. The nice thing about cases like these, though, was how easily they unraveled once you find the right thread to pull. Nine times out of ten, everything boiled down to ruffled feathers and hot air. That's why Uncle Harry's hot air and Andrew's ruffled feathers didn't concern me too much. With a little luck, I figured I'd have everyone kissing, making up and maybe even living happily ever after.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."