2%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 82

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Sam »

Hi Doc

At first glance I would agree with you.Second look I'm not so sure.

Don't laugh ok? I put the pics side by side for a comparison.

Other than the tip of the nose the facial structure is very similar.Chin,mouthlines,cheeks and eyebrow area.

I still don't know...17 years difference in the photos.
Last edited by Sam on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Sam »

Yeah James....Not a common name,4 or 5 listings on Oahu...It's not like,ah,I don't know..let's say Walters. :lol:

Street merchant....sounds like PC run amuck :lol:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#18 Post by J.J. Walters »

golfmobile wrote:Well . . . . . . street walkers are merchants, too, aren't they? :lol
Sam wrote:Street merchant....sounds like PC run amuck
Hehe!

No seriously, in the episode she is seen peddling goods from a kiosk. You can see her in this video clip...

http://magnum-mania.com/Video/Magnum_Smackdown.html

I think it's her, I really do!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Sam »

Dang James,that wasn't the way I remembered it,thanks for the correction.One of these days I'll pick-up the DVD's.Thanks for the clip.

I think I spotted a flub in your video.Prior to entering the building,TM is clearly shown to be wearing the Jungle Bird shirt and jeans.Once inside he's wearing different clothes...I'm surprised this got by Island Hopper.

Last edited by Sam on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#20 Post by SelleckLover »

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Sam!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#21 Post by IslandHopper »

Sam wrote:I think I spotted a flub in your video.Prior to entering the building,TM is clearly shown to be wearing the Jungle Bird shirt and jeans.Once inside he's wearing different clothes...I'm surprised this got by Island Hopper.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... 1/flub.jpg
That is hilarious Sam! :lol: I don't know how I missed that.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#22 Post by J.J. Walters »

LOL Sam!

:lol:

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#23 Post by Doc Ibold »

NICE!

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

OK, guys, I think I have this plot straight in my head, but please check me out here.

Mrs. Chase just wanted a fling with Marcus, but he got serious about her and figured she'd love him if he was rich, so he started hawking hot goods for Rose. She took him out in her boat to break up with him in private, but he flew off the handle. One way or another (she claims she was defending herself), he ended up drowning. Rose figured this out and blackmailed her. Magnum knew too much, so Rose was going to bump him off, but Tracy the metermaid saved him and cracked the whole case wide open, possibly winning herself a spot on the police force.

Right? Or what?
Carol

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

Random comments:

Magnum sure has a lot of "good friends" (and half brothers) that we've never heard of before. They tend to end up dead.

At the restaurant, there's a gusty wind blowing. Most of the times that we see Mrs. Chase, she's sort of holding her skirt down with her elbows. But when Magnum is sitting with her, even though the wind is clearly still gusting and she's not restraining the skirt, it never reveals anything untelevisable. Did they use a stunt skirt for that scene?
Carol

Carmen
MPI

#26 Post by Carmen »

LMAO :D
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#27 Post by J.J. Walters »

Carol the Dabbler wrote:OK, guys, I think I have this plot straight in my head, but please check me out here.

Mrs. Chase just wanted a fling with Marcus, but he got serious about her and figured she'd love him if he was rich, so he started hawking hot goods for Rose. She took him out in her boat to break up with him in private, but he flew off the handle. One way or another (she claims she was defending herself), he ended up drowning. Rose figured this out and blackmailed her. Magnum knew too much, so Rose was going to bump him off, but Tracy the metermaid saved him and cracked the whole case wide open, possibly winning herself a spot on the police force.

Right? Or what?
That's pretty much about it, Carol. A typical case for Magnum, don't you think.

Oh and Magnum gets beat up by two female enforcers in tight pants with long fingernails. Have we mentioned that already? ;)
Sam wrote:I think I spotted a flub in your video.Prior to entering the building,TM is clearly shown to be wearing the Jungle Bird shirt and jeans.Once inside he's wearing different clothes...I'm surprised this got by Island Hopper.
Wait, I just looked at the clip again. He appears to be wearing the same shirt in both scenes. It doesn't appear to be the Jungle Bird shirt.

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

James J. Walters wrote:That's pretty much about it, Carol. A typical case for Magnum, don't you think.
Uh, sure. :shock: Thanks for the confirmation! The ending wrapped everything up so fast that Hubby and I were both scratching our heads, till I reasoned out the sequence of events that I posted above. I guess that's what we get for watching Magnum on a drowsy Sunday afternoon!
Carol

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

golfmobile wrote:"Sinjin" is the way "St. John" in British English is pronounced.
There are other names that get the same treatment. "Sinclair" is the British mumblification of "St. Clair." There was a 60's tv show called The Rogues that had some fun with this -- three branches of the same family (represented by Gig Young, David Niven, and Charles Boyer) pronounced their mutual surname in different ways, sometimes referring to each other as "the saints and the sins."

The latter pronunciation was more appropriate, since they were all jewel thieves! Within a few short years, this premise would no longer be considered acceptable for a television series -- the network would no longer allow crime to "pay." (Which I suspect explains the rather gratuitous scene in "Ugliest Dog" where Magnum plans to report the pakalolo growers who had just saved his life!)

Back to mumbled British names: I assume that Agatha Chumley's ancestors spelled their name Cholmondeley (but pronounced it "Chumley" nevertheless).
Carol

maggiepoole
Captain

#30 Post by maggiepoole »

I forgot about - "Higgins you were there when the paramedics arrived, you know what happened". Such comedic timing. :wink:
Just think of all the untold stories.
Trying to reach my full snail potential.