6.0 (Pretty Bad)
2%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 82

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#46 Post by Doc Ibold »

Sam wrote:Okay,thanks James,now it makes sense..

So the correct match is left to right.

You were right Doc Ibold.
Wait.... I was right on which topic?

:lol:

Carmen
MPI

#47 Post by Carmen »

Doesn`t matter Doc - you`re mostly right :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#48 Post by Doc Ibold »

I'm so confused.....

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#49 Post by robspace54 »

I chuckled at this episode. Daisy is from Cincinnati, Ohio (since I live there) and I have no idea how she developed that accent in Ohio. Must have been a transplant!

I'd forgotten that Annie Potts played in this episode and we finally get to to see Bob Minor (Rose). Poor TM gets a whoopin but he gets revenge later and not a nail was broken.

I think that this episode had too many red herrings dragged through it. The blackmail, hot goods, an unexplained drowning (was he pushed, did he jump, or did his paramour clout him over the head?), Daisy as a detective... all of which is a bit jammed togther by TM wandering through it.

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

Tuan Vu
Captain

#50 Post by Tuan Vu »

I really enjoyed this episode, not because of the story, which was confusing, but because of Annie Potts. She was very cute and funny, and had great chemistry with Tom Selleck. Their comical interactions were great! :lol:

I wished she had had a recurring role on the show, since she was a private investigator wannabe and there would have been a lot of opportunities for her to appear. But I guess this was more of a "guys" show, about Magnum and the other guys.

All About the Stache
Lieutenant

#51 Post by All About the Stache »

A decent episode, I suppose. Thought the karate chicks were pretty silly, and the ending a bit "easy" so to speak. Other than that I enjoyed it, Janine from Ghostbusters was in it, after all!
Magnum: Ivan...
Ivan: Yes?
Magnum: Did you see the sunrise this morning?
Ivan: Yes... Why?
*BANG*

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#52 Post by miltontheripper »

Agree with the above comment about the "too easy" ending, a Magnum vs. Rose fight would have been awesome! The female karate beating of Magnum was hilarious! Good overall episode.

Scooter
Ensign

#53 Post by Scooter »

First time poster here...just got finished watching this episode on the DVD.

Count me into the "it was too easy" category along with a bit confusing.

I didn't really understand what happened to Magnum's friend Marcus; Did Rose drown him in the surf after he confronted him about the blackmail?

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by MaiTaiMan »

This episode was pretty good...and I rated it as such. I liked the plot of Magnum's volleyball friend getting murdered, and of course he had to figure out who did it. "Magnum, p.i." many times had Magnum's cases being more personal than the usual, as Higgins would say, tawdry divorce case...and this one was no exception. It somehow made it more realistic and you feel you can relate to the characters, and that Magnum truly cared for others.

However, the one downfall to this episode was the annoying as heck, irritating Annie Potts as 'Tracy'!! :? I've never been a huge Annie Potts fan...as her voice (in my opinion) is as annoying as The Nanny's (Fran Drescher's)! :x

I can only handle "stupid" or "dorky" so much...then it isn't funny to me...it's just stupid! To me, this is how I viewed the character of Tracy Spenser. She took too much away from the real plot of the episode! It was like they wrote the episode...then they went back in and added this Tracy, and her bumbling, slap-stick ways for comic relief. :roll: It wasn't that funny, and it seemed really out of place, and/or it just didn't flow with the episode very smoothly. Unfortunately she returned again a few seasons later...but at least she was only in the two episodes.
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Mark R.Y.
Captain

#55 Post by Mark R.Y. »

This is one of my favorites of Season 3. It really has the flavor of a traditional "private eye" (sorry, TM, but that's what the genre is called!) tale. Lots of fun, and I laughed out loud at the Sesame Street "Bert" puppet in Marcus' apartment at around the 9:15 point. (Sorry, my computer isn't playing DVDs anymore or else I'd make a screen grab.) There is a "Bert is Evil" website that is devoted to photoshopped pics of Bert appearing with Osama bin Laden and other notorious people. And here he is having a cameo in a Magnum ep! :D

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#56 Post by J.J. Walters »

That's funny Mark! Never noticed 'ol Bert up there. Maybe Bert had something to do with Marcus' death? Maybe he's just a puppet for Rose? :)

Marcus also has a nice baseball/trucker cap collection.

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Mark R.Y.
Captain

#57 Post by Mark R.Y. »

Indeed! lol. Thanks for posting the screen grabs. :D

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#58 Post by Seaver41 »

well, it was an enjoyable ride with a crash at the end. We never did get an explanation as to what happened to Marcus.

Sorry, but for me, Annie Potts is flat out annoying. Never liked her in anything. All I kept thinking was cartoon character with that voice. I'm sure she has done some of that work.

decent episode...nothing more. Season 3 not finishing strong, IMO. Still a few left to see.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#59 Post by Frodoleader »

Something that struck me as funny is the fact that John Hillerman appeared in the film "The Last Picure Show" by Peter Bogdanovich, in 1971. Annie Potts was in the sequel, "Texasville", from 1992 or so.

:magnum:
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

snp389
Captain

#60 Post by snp389 »

Julia Nickson.......what an absolute babe!!!!
I'll always remember her as Co-Bao, John Rambo's ally in 'Rambo: First Blood 2'