1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 129

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Tropical Madness (2.7)

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

This is the official MM thread for Tropical Madness (2.7). All discussions and reviews for this episode should go here. If you wish to rate the episode, please do so with the poll. The avg. score will be the official 'community rating', which will be used on the episode page (updated monthly).

This thread is also linked in the episode page of the Episode Guide.

Original Air Date: 11/12/1981
When a beautiful British woman prefers Higgins' advances over Magnum's, Thomas thinks the woman is using Higgins to get something. However, Higgins believes Magnum is jealous of him, and their relationship becomes strained.
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Man, I love this episode. Tom tangles with a sumo wrestler and a dwarf enforcer. Higgins clocks Magnum. The Byodo-In Temple is used several times. Car chases & fights. A plot twist. A good script with some hilarious dialog. This is classic Magnum.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

#3 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

For the sake of my friend, who loves this episode, could you add the "Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it!" quote to the quotes section of this episode? I just thought it was a worthy quote to put in there. It was this episode that got my friend addicted to MPI.

MagnumPI_Cat.
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

Tom
Lieutenant Junior Grade

underwear

#4 Post by Tom »

That indeed is a nice quote :D
Also Magnum in his underwear because he used his clothes to clean the ferrari, makes a funny picture when the lady arrives.

Tom.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

The quote's been added.

Thanks

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#6 Post by SelleckLover »

The scene where Magnum is standing in front of the main house in his undershorts, holding his jeans up in front of him, is a real knuckle biter! (sigh) Am I being shallow again?

Matt J
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#7 Post by Matt J »

For some reason....and I don't know why I always seem to watch this episode when I can't decide on the one I want to watch.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#8 Post by N1095A »

"A MIDGET OR A DWARF!!!"
"But Higgins, I can explain."

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by lutherhgillis »

OK, I have to say that the excuse for Magnum showing up at the estate in his underwear is ridiculous. He says that he had to clean the windscreen (windshield) because it had oil on it. OK, cbut why did he use his clothes? He was in a service station for heaven's sake. I'm sure they had paper towles and those red rags all over the place!!! To me, this was a very hokie way of getting Magnum in his underwear on the screen. Why couldn't Erin Gray have cleaned her windshield with her clothes in the Digger Doyle episode?????????????????????????

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#10 Post by Doc Ibold »

I think it's meant to make Magnum look like a lunatic so that Higgins won't possibly believe him, coupled with the "romance" between him and Jenny (or whatever her name is)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, I was perplexed by this, too. I thought maybe it was because Magnum had just gotten his bell rung big time (he was actually knocked out cold). He was "dazed and confused". He didn't quite know what he was doing, but he knew he had to get the Ferrari cleaned pronto! So, of course, he took of his clothes and wiped it down! :shock:

Lt. Cook
Commander

#12 Post by Lt. Cook »

I laughed so hard when TM mutters "a midget or a dawrf." and higgins asks him to repeat and he yells "A MIDGET OR A DWARF!" This was such a perfect depiction of frustration and embarassment that I'm sure we all have experienced. I nearly split my gut laughing!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#13 Post by N1095A »

lutherhgillis wrote: Why couldn't Erin Gray have cleaned her windshield with her clothes in the Digger Doyle episode?????????????????????????
I'd have been all for that !!!
"But Higgins, I can explain."

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#14 Post by rubber chicken »

The house where Jennifer Chapman and Brice Harcourt reside in the show is located here (the one with the pool). It's just across the street from the Marks Estate, the second location of the King Kamehameha Club.

I also found a VR page for the house, where we can compare the home now to what it was like on the show. Here's some pictures for comparison.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Last edited by rubber chicken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Sam »

You nailed it again RC,nice..I think I'm confused on the location of the KKC.Isn't the driveway to the Marks Estate just behind the new location?Which would place it next door?

Keep them coming RC.