1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 129

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by No need to know! »

charybdis1966 wrote:
No need to know! wrote:Runner up on my list of all the episodes of Season 2.
sumowrestler and a dwarf..
-What?
-A SUMOWRESTLER AND A DWARF!
:lol:
Yeah, priceless lines there, although I thought it was:

A sumo wrestler and a midget or a dwarf

A what?

A MIDGET OR A DWARF !
:D Yeah you got me there. Priceless scene anyway.
Onion´s extra?

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by zebra3 »

I forget if it was this episode or on of the ones immediately afterward, but it had a VERY full aerial shot of the club, which lets you feel like you really know the layout more. I googled, but I couldn't find a snapshot. I'll go through the episode tomorrow and see if I can find a time frame for when it happened.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Sam »

Hi Zebra3,

It's the Halekulani Hotel,here's a cap.

http://magnum-mania.com/images/1_13_i_full.jpg

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by steveadl »

Watched this episode again last night. Has to be one of the funniest episodes of the series. Magnum in his underwear and the dirty Ferrari, Higgins blowing his greeting line when he opens the door, too many more to mention. Had quite the good laugh watching it!

One thing that did bug me though and wondering if anyone else noticed it. When TM confronts the girl while she's skeet shooting, they talk and it gets heated then he grabs her and kisses her against her will. To me this seemed too contrived and almost un-TM like. Perhaps they just included it because they wanted something to push Higgins over the edge and throw TM off the estate? But anyway, I didn't like it - made Tom look like a bit of a jerk for a minute and didn't seem in fitting with the episode or his character.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by zebra3 »

Sam wrote:Hi Zebra3,

It's the Halekulani Hotel,here's a cap.

http://magnum-mania.com/images/1_13_i_full.jpg
Thanks for the cap, we don't see that kind of shot too many times I don't think. Gives you perspective.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

miltontheripper
Vice Admiral

#36 Post by miltontheripper »

Agreed that Thomas grabbing the girl and kissing her seemed out of character and didn't fit. Really good episode though, the fight with the midget and the sumo wrestler is an all time great!

Rolie
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#37 Post by Rolie »

After watching Memories are Forever, I watched Tropical Madness. His shoulder sure did heal fast. I've always thought this strange to not even have some healing process as there's the scarred hole in TM's shoulder from Viet Nam displayed in clear view. Just an observation.

Been watching all the Ep's when the day gets slow at the office and oh what memories come back from the good ole days both real and fantacia.

Magnum will always rule the day.

Rolie

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#38 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Rolie wrote:Been watching all the Ep's when the day gets slow at the office
Sounds like a pretty nice place to work Rolie! Where do I send my CV???
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Rolie
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#39 Post by Rolie »

Own/operate a small business ( auto insurance agency ) here in Central Florida and in between slow days, watch brother TM. Just doing my duty. It's a blue sky day with cool temps..... perfect for a day at the beach some 20 miles down the road at Daytona Beach. All of you should have been at the New Smyrna Beach outlet over the weekend.... we would have had a blast. Sweet.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#40 Post by Frodoleader »

I've gotta say though when Higgins hits TM is probably one of the most awkward scenes in the entire MPI series. Coupled with Thomas forcing himself on to Miss Chapman (I agree it is totally out of character for TM), I could have done without this entire scene.
I also have to ask, when Thomas, TC & Rick crash through the door/windows into the study to save Higgins, couldn't they have simply come through the front door? I am sure they had a key if it happened to be locked, or TM could have picked it.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

timm525
Lieutenant Commander

#41 Post by timm525 »

Two best scenes in my opinion.

1. Higgins clocking TM.

2. TM tossing the midget or a dwarf at the sumo guy.

burny
Commander

#42 Post by burny »

any ep that heavily features interaction between tm and the hig is bound to
be a classic. honestly, hillerman is 50% of why i love the show.
the hig-centric episodes are usually my faves. whoever brought hillerman into
the mix on the original casting was a GENIUS. everyone did a great job on
the show, but i feel hillerman was just on a different level, acting wise. you
can tell he is a REAL pro...a sort of "actor's actor".

...magnum in his underwear....

hig : "even for you, that's a trifle casual"

CLASSIC! :D

JT
Captain

#43 Post by JT »

Totally agree with you burny.
I thought Hillerman was an English actor, boy was I surprised I found out he was from Texas!
The dialog between Magnum and Higgins is always great to watch.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by MaiTaiMan »

I always love watching this episode when going through the show! This is one you didn't expect...that Magnum and Higgins would actually get into it! This is no regular teasing or "jabbing" to be funny...they seriously almost duke it out! :o

Even though a lot of times I get irritated at Higgins' attitude towards Magnum...in this one I actually feel for Higgins and wish that somehow he could have gotten the girl at the end. This is very well done and an interesting one to watch! I thought everyone did an awesome acting job and the scenes were very tense...and they were supposed to be. :wink: Excellent! :)
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by Seaver41 »

how would Higgins or the 'robbers' not heard the helicopter approaching?

...as for the clothes/windshield......my initial reaction was he didn't want the leather messed up as he was covered in lubricant/oil when he was out cold. At that point, why not use them to wipe the windshield?

...I especially laughed near the end when TC tracks down the dwarf and you knew who Rick had to get....and then to see TC laugh at Rick was good stuff.....a good followup to Memories are Forever when in the alley fight, the comment was made that Rick's guy was bigger than him as the reason he got away.