1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
3%

Total votes: 119

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

Re: Mad Buck Gibson (2.9)

#91 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Vera Miles sure is lovely. :) It's a shame she wasn't a redhead here like she was on Columbo (70s 'do aside), because she made for an amazing one.

Anyone else just retroactively consider Gillian Dobb's character here to be just Agatha hanging out with Higgins as usual? Back when she tried to stay as far away from Magnum and his friends as possible? :lol:

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#92 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

She was gorgeous, but more importantly commanded the screen in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. My cougar before there was such a term.
Faith and Begorrah!

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#93 Post by marlboro »

Vera Miles was in the (awesome) first episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, "Revenge."

There is an amusing scene at the beginning where it appears that Aunt Bea from The Andy Griffith Show is checking her out while Vera is sunbathing.

f14peter
Lieutenant

#94 Post by f14peter »

Running through the series again after a several year hiatus. This is one of those episodes I'm liking more the second go 'round. First was kinda meh, nothing special but for whatever reason I enjoyed it a lot more this time.

Two flubs, maybe:
1 - Since the show sometimes plays fast and loose with geography and time of day, maybe this isn't a flub. The final scene at the hang glider launch area, Buck comments more than once about it being a glorious morning. However, the actual location is on the east side of Oahu which would be facing sunrise. Yet the shadows, while appropriately long for "morning", are being cast to the east, the sun low in the west behind Buck and Magnum as they look east facing the ocean. Even the clouds in the distance are lit up on their western sides.

Only one of two possibilities ... they shot the scene late in the afternoon, or they used that bizarre coastline used in John Wayne's The Green Berets where the sun sets in the east.

2 - As Magnum in the Audi pursues Buck in the Ferrari, there are several shots from inside the Audi through the windshield where you can see that the rearview mirror has been removed. Several times you can see the "button" glued to the windshield that the mirror normally clips onto. After the crash, when magnum pulls up, you can see the mirror correctly in place.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#95 Post by J.J. Walters »

marlboro wrote:Vera Miles was in the (awesome) first episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, "Revenge."

There is an amusing scene at the beginning where it appears that Aunt Bea from The Andy Griffith Show is checking her out while Vera is sunbathing.

OMG! LMAO!! :D As a HUGE Andy Griffith Show fan, THANK YOU!!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

karolis
Admiral

Re:

#96 Post by karolis »

J.J. Walters wrote: 4) When Magnum pulls up in the Audi after Buck has crashed through the wood fence, there is a brief panning shot through the Audi's front window. A cameraman's hand and a portion of the camera is visible in the Audi's right (passenger's side) rearview mirror.

karolis
Admiral

#97 Post by karolis »

f14peter wrote: 2 - As Magnum in the Audi pursues Buck in the Ferrari, there are several shots from inside the Audi through the windshield where you can see that the rearview mirror has been removed. Several times you can see the "button" glued to the windshield that the mirror normally clips onto. After the crash, when magnum pulls up, you can see the mirror correctly in place.
Rearview mirror missing in both o these scenes:

And there it reappears:

karolis
Admiral

#98 Post by karolis »

Can anyone spot Cross of Lorraine?

A little closer look to the "female dog" necklace

I wonder who is in those photos? Is it Magnums parents? The only one i recognise is Vietnam team photo, but the other two?

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#99 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

karolis wrote: I wonder who is in those photos? Is it Magnums parents? The only one i recognise is Vietnam team photo, but the other two?

Hi karolis! Yes, those are TS's parents Martha and Robert Sr. The other one looks like a family photo and left to right in the back is Tom, Bob, Marti, Dan, mom Martha in front of them, with Robert Sr. down on the bottom right. I could have his brothers Bob & Dan reversed... hard to tell from that picture.

karolis
Admiral

#100 Post by karolis »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote: Hi karolis! Yes, those are TS's parents Martha and Robert Sr. The other one looks like a family photo and left to right in the back is Tom, Bob, Marti, Dan, mom Martha in front of them, with Robert Sr. down on the bottom right. I could have his brothers Bob & Dan reversed... hard to tell from that picture.
Wow... i didn't expect such a detailed answer. I watched whole series last spring-summer but i don't remember that many family members introduced. At this time i only remember an episode about Thomas father.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#101 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

karolis wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote: Hi karolis! Yes, those are TS's parents Martha and Robert Sr. The other one looks like a family photo and left to right in the back is Tom, Bob, Marti, Dan, mom Martha in front of them, with Robert Sr. down on the bottom right. I could have his brothers Bob & Dan reversed... hard to tell from that picture.
Wow... i didn't expect such a detailed answer. I watched whole series last spring-summer but i don't remember that many family members introduced. At this time i only remember an episode about Thomas father.
Those are actually TS's real family in those pics. :D

karolis
Admiral

#102 Post by karolis »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
karolis wrote:
Those are actually TS's real family in those pics. :D
:oops: i'm sure that i won't forget that now :D
Either way, i didn't get into the details the first time i watched whole series, but is there any other TM's close fictional family member mentioned/shown in the series besides his father?

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#103 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

karolis wrote: i watched whole series, but is there any other TM's close fictional family member mentioned/shown in the series besides his father?
You can read about his family here http://magnum-mania.com/Characters/Main_Characters.html which also refers you to this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Magnum

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#104 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Robert Sr. also played TM's grandpa Everett in "Going Home". :)

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#105 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

karolis wrote: Image

I knew there was a reason I really wanted this 100-year-old birds-eye maple dresser for my new house by the beach: