It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 17%  17%  [ 15 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
7.5 (Decent) 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 88
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:54 am 
Admiral

Not to totally give away my age, but Marcella Ziller looks like Jessie J auditioning for Little Orphan Annie :P

Seriously though, I'm glad that despite Barbara Rhoades playing a similar (though more classy-dressed) character on Diagnosis: Murder, her career wasn't entirely comprised of antagonistic stepmother roles.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:56 pm 
Fleet Admiral

This may have been one of the most fun episodes of all. Hillerman was great in this double role and, IMO, should have left it at that rather than trying to be Father Paddy and Don Luis. This solidified the ability of MPI to be creative and ingenious. I think the lighthearted approach helped keep the show going.

KingKC

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:26 am 
Admiral

Carol the Dabbler wrote:
One might think that Magnum -- who was already nearly certain that "Elmo" was actually Higgins -- would have been absolutely positive the whole thing was a hoax when he saw Agatha Chumley pretending to be Sylvia the front-desk clerk! :wink:

LOL!

Full disclosure: I've come back to this particular thread numerous times just to read the above quote. :P

Of course the irony is that Sylvia is rather firm and steely while Agatha is... not (at least not usually, no disrespect to Agatha).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:20 am 
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I really love this fun and (relatively) light-hearted episode. Great performance by John Hillerman. And wow, Lexi Ziller.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:59 pm 
Rear Admiral

jeffran wrote:
I really love this fun and (relatively) light-hearted episode. Great performance by John Hillerman. And wow, Lexi Ziller.

It was not until I started reading this forum that I realized this is the same actress who played the IRA terrorist in "No Need to Know." Excellent.

Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:09 pm 
Rear Admiral

Milton Collins wrote:
Quote:
I watched this one again last night and they really gave the impression that this story was going to get re-visited. Elmo was confirmed to have gotten to Mexico, there was going to be a search by his daughter, the daughter promised to return with the rodeo, and the niece getting into Higgins' life for the first time all screamed of follow up episode. Does anyone know why they didn't ever bring it back?

I just watched this again, a very fun episode! And I totally agree Styles, I got the impression that this story would be rivisited/continued later on. I think it would have made for an outstanding episode to see Bronco Elmo "return from the dead" and for he and his daughter to head back to visit Higgins and TM. I still crack up at Rick and TC dressed as rodeo clowns when I watch this one lol. Fun episode, liked seeing it again.

This episode was tons of fun and well deserved a sequel, which it certainly sounded like they planned to do.

Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:23 pm 
Admiral

K Hale wrote:
This episode was tons of fun and well deserved a sequel, which it certainly sounded like they planned to do.

Like with "Thank Heaven for Little Girls", it's very strange to not see the perp apprehended for their bigger crime. (It happened in "Deja Vu" too, but with Duncan Scott it made sense, given the organization he was a part of.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8