It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 21%  21%  [ 21 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 35%  35%  [ 36 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 26%  26%  [ 27 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
7.5 (Decent) 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 102
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:22 am 
Admiral

Ms Masters wrote:
In Tropical Madness, TC and Rick help Magnum ambush the art thief, the Sumo Wrestler and the dwarf/midget---in the fray, the sumo wrestler grabs Rick and TC grabs the dwarf, the camera pans on TC holding the kicking midget well off the ground, and in the background we hear Rick scream, " Hey, get this guy off of me!!"---TC laughs, and I do too!! What comedic irony if I may Higgnisly say!!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:23 pm 
Fleet Admiral

For everyone's high marks for this show I can only vaguely remember it. Even after reading the episode synopsis and forum comments I have no idea what the lady was trying to get out of Higgins or why she was conning him. As I said I am relying on memories that are mostly 30+ years old so I guess there are gaps.

KingKC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:47 pm 
Admiral

Superb episode I reckon.

Noticed John's slight accent-slip around the part where he hits Magnum but overall, so much to like here. The 'ravishing scene' of course, throwing the dwarf and some great 'rules' for the How to be a World Class PI book :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:25 pm 
Fleet Admiral

KingKC wrote:
For everyone's high marks for this show I can only vaguely remember it. Even after reading the episode synopsis and forum comments I have no idea what the lady was trying to get out of Higgins or why she was conning him. As I said I am relying on memories that are mostly 30+ years old so I guess there are gaps.

KingKC

Well I finally got to see a rerun of this episode and the plot and ending still seemed a little weak to me. There were though iconic scenes such as the Sumo wrestler and the dwarf beating up TM, Higgins hitting TM, Higgins practicing his suave remarks, and the last unseen scene where you know Rick is losing his battle with the Sumo wrestler. I still cannot give it very high marks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm 
Captain

I've always been bothered by the girl's fake British accent. You can tell she's an American trying to sound British. It's strange how most British actors can do convincing American accents, but American actors nearly always fail to do a convincing British accent. (except John Hillerman, of course!)

There are great scenes in this episode, but of the "Higgins in Love" episodes, I much prefer Letter to a Duchess.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:15 am 
Baron Of GIFs

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:
It's strange how most British actors can do convincing American accents, but American actors nearly always fail to do a convincing British accent.

I've often wondered wondered about this. My guess is that, since the Hollywood film industry is so big that British actors have to depend a lot more time working on American accents than Americans do on doing British accents.

On a related note, I've found that British actors are much much better at doing southern accents than non southern actors from the US.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7