Thank Heaven for Little Girls and Big Ones Too (1.4)

Rate, review & discuss the episodes from the first season

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
No votes
9.5 (One of the Best)
2%
9.0 (Excellent)
13%
8.5 (Very Good)
11%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
21%
7.5 (Decent)
23%
7.0 (Average at Best)
11%
6.5 (Not So Good)
8%
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
7%
5.0 (Just Awful)
4%

Total votes: 129

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#61 Post by Seaver41 »

now i just watched that the other night....and I forgot already..............aging is not a kind process......... :lol:

ironfist
Commander

#62 Post by ironfist »

O.K. guys here's a little something for you. I was watching this episode when the wife came running in. I was like whats up as she stood there with her jaw open. She said the speech that Magnum just dropped ( to the Hawaiian beach bum crime boss with his new girlfriend and boxing right hand man ) was just used last season almost word for word on "The Mentalist" by thomas jane????? She's a diehard fan of that show so im going to take her word for it. She then walked out of the room all disgusted mumbling that the new season sucks and now I find out there ripping of a show thats 30 years old! LOL!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#63 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, really? Do you happen to know which episode?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ironfist
Commander

#64 Post by ironfist »

Sorry, she can't remember. But thinks it was last season. It also wasn't the main plot in the show.

TankTop44
Commander

TSA

#65 Post by TankTop44 »

Looking back and thinking about airport security it is amazing the differences. The enitre ending would have to be different nowdays.

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#66 Post by MaximRecoil »

Would an original Gauguin painting really be on material that can be rolled up and placed in a tube? Aren't paintings usually done on canvas that has been stretched around and attached to a wooden frame, like so - link?

Croix de Lorraine
Admiral

#67 Post by Croix de Lorraine »

What's the name of the classical piece that's playing when Magnum is sneaking into the wine cellar. I feel I should know it but I don't. Thanks in advance.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#68 Post by ConchRepublican »

MaximRecoil wrote:Would an original Gauguin painting really be on material that can be rolled up and placed in a tube? Aren't paintings usually done on canvas that has been stretched around and attached to a wooden frame, like so - link?
That bothered me too . . . couldn't the paint crack?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re:

#69 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:
MaximRecoil wrote:Would an original Gauguin painting really be on material that can be rolled up and placed in a tube? Aren't paintings usually done on canvas that has been stretched around and attached to a wooden frame, like so - link?
That bothered me too . . . couldn't the paint crack?
Goes right up there with the scene in the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair when Pierce Brosnan steals a Monet, sticks it in a brief case, folds it in half (frame and all) when closing the briefcase!

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

Re: Thank Heaven for Little Girls and Big Ones Too (1.4)

#70 Post by ThomasMagnum »

Anyone know the name of the actress playing Mano's girlfriend?

EZiller
Captain

#71 Post by EZiller »

As big Higgins fan, I really don't care for this episode. Higgins comes off as as total jack-o.. in this episode and I'm glad Bellisario made the correct decision to realize that he had what could become a totally fascinating character, played by a superb actor, but if they just had him portrayed as a beast and a jerk he would soon become a superficial caricature.

Katherine Cannon is hot. Top Ten MPI babe!

Dave Anderson
Rear Admiral

#72 Post by Dave Anderson »

This episode was more on the cute side, but the plot was not very believable. I like Christmas shows in general, so it gets points for that, as well as showing the memorial swim stadium (love the architecture of the stadium). Also liked the sleezy Christmas vibe at the bar. The switching of the paintings was too over the top though. All in all, though, enjoyable and worth watching every December.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by Little Garwood »

I voted "Thank Heaven for Little Girls and Big Ones Too" a 7.0 "Average at Best" episode.

Christmas episodes tend to be lightweight and/or sentimental and this is no exception. It's like the producers of MPI just wanted something to play benignly in the background while people cleaned up their holiday wreckage or packed up the unwanted gifts for returning the next morning. Even the scene where the girls are locked in the Civil Defense shelter seems like they're in no real danger. I did like the "spirit" of Christmas being bandied about via music and decorations; even the tough bar and boxing gym had stuff up!

Hawaii Five-0 used those Civil Defense shelters a few times over the years and the gaggle of cute girls in a "Save the Something" story was previously used in the S12 Five-0 episode For Old Times Sake earlier that same year (01/08/1980 airdate), though it is not a holiday-themed story.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#74 Post by J.J. Walters »

Saw this on Cozi TV last night. What fun. My wife walks in and goes, "Hey, that's the girl from Who's the Boss." To which I said, "No, Gimme a Break." I scare myself by knowing these things sometimes. :) My wife went on to say she remembered watching this episode while babysitting when it originally aired. She said she would have been in trouble if her parents had found out. That brought a smile to my face. My how times have changed.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Dave Anderson
Rear Admiral

#75 Post by Dave Anderson »

J.J. Walters wrote:Saw this on Cozi TV last night. What fun. My wife walks in and goes, "Hey, that's the girl from Who's the Boss." To which I said, "No, Gimme a Break." I scare myself by knowing these things sometimes. :) My wife went on to say she remembered watching this episode while babysitting when it originally aired. She said she would have been in trouble if her parents had found out. That brought a smile to my face. My how times have changed.
They have played it at least three times this month on Cozi. I am a fan of this episode (gave it an 8.0 and probably would give a 8.5 if I could change my vote). I don't understand why the votes skew so poorly for this episode. That said, PLEASE NO MORE of this episode this year, Cozi. I had already watched it Thanksgiving weekend on DVD to get in the holiday mood. I think will throw up if I see it once more this year, and I like the episode. Seriously, there can be too much of a good thing.