6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 132

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#61 Post by N1095A »

I just find it unlikely that they would use Higgins who spent a rather significant time in his life fighting Nazis to illustrate a parallel them.

Ericka_Park
Ensign

question on scene where Magnum gets slapped

#62 Post by Ericka_Park »

Kind of a funny scene here (see clip below from 5:50 point) but does anyone know why she slapped him? I don't think the actress is listed in the credits so I'm not sure what her relation to Magnum was --
client, ex-girlfriend, etc. Also, just out of curiosity, I wonder if that slap is real or fake.

http://www.fancast.com/tv/Magnum%2C-P.I ... ain/videos

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#63 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I couldn't get the video to come up.

Ericka_Park
Ensign

#64 Post by Ericka_Park »

Go to Hulu.com and do a search on "Magnum PI". Then look for Never, Never Again in the episodes below.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: question on scene where Magnum gets slapped

#65 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ericka_Park wrote:Kind of a funny scene here (see clip below from 5:50 point) but does anyone know why she slapped him? I don't think the actress is listed in the credits so I'm not sure what her relation to Magnum was --
client, ex-girlfriend, etc. Also, just out of curiosity, I wonder if that slap is real or fake.
She was a client. After he gets slapped, he walks over to Rick and T.C. and says something like, "Why do they get upset with me when they pay me to find what they don't want me to find", or something like that. He was probably hired to follow her husband/boyfriend and found out he was having an affair. So, of course, she slaps him. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Ericka_Park
Ensign

#66 Post by Ericka_Park »

Thanks for the explanation! Now it makes a bit more sense, though I couldn't imagine slapping someone for giving me bad news, but that's hollywood for ya.

Ericka_Park
Ensign

#67 Post by Ericka_Park »

Btw, looking at it again, I kinda think the slap was real but the sound is definitely fake.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#68 Post by J.J. Walters »

Anybody happen to know what kind of car this is?

It's similar to the Bugatti Type 37 Grand Prix Racer used in "Flashback", but it appears to be slightly different.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#69 Post by rubber chicken »

That could be a tough one, we'll see if the pros at ICMDB can figure it out. :? I wonder if that car was intended to be in the show, or it just happened by.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#70 Post by rubber chicken »

My link in the post above became broken for some reason, but here's the new page, and they're saying it's a 1974 replica of a 1931 Alfa Romeo. I'm always impressed with their automotive knowledge at IMCDB. :)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#71 Post by J.J. Walters »

rubber chicken wrote:That could be a tough one, we'll see if the pros at ICMDB can figure it out. Confused I wonder if that car was intended to be in the show, or it just happened by.
rubber chicken wrote:My link in the post above became broken for some reason, but here's the new page, and they're saying it's a 1974 replica of a 1931 Alfa Romeo. I'm always impressed with their automotive knowledge at IMCDB. Smile
Awesome, thanks RC!

The car was definitely part of the scene. It comes up behind the Benz and then passes it on the right! LOL! I love the little touches like this that the show does. :)

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#72 Post by Magnum T. »

I am watching again the entire series to write these reviews.
Last night I had the time to watch another episode so I took the DVD and put it into the player, having no idea which episode I was going to see.
It was "Never again... never again".
I remained like freezed because yesterday was The International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
What a strange coincidence that I was going to watch just "that" episode.

Saul and Lena are a mild-mannered couple, in friendship with Magnum.
They are two survivors of the Shoah.
When Saul is kidnapped everything indicates that a group of nazis is hunting them.
But evil can take the most unexpected forms.

This is a very good episode, the matter is not an easy one.
There are some lighter moments, like T.C. playing with Higgins' bed, but the overall mood is dark.
Well played, well written and directed, it deals with crime and punishment and it deals with evil and how it can be hidden where you wouldn't expect to find it.

As somebody else (maybe J.J. Walters) I think the climatic scene ends in a very strange way.
I think there is no gun shot because the woman kills herself with the scalpel.

Plus: a pretty good episode.
Minus: none to mention.
Best line:
Higgins (to Magnum): Feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer.
(Magnum looks at him, waiting)
Very well, you can have one too.

Notes:
- team ring on the left.
- the iconic "Da Nang" hat is worn by Magnum for the first time. We have seen it already on T.C.'s head in previous episodes.
- the "same actor/different character" issue again: Glenn Cannon plays Dr. Kessler here and the recurring Dr. Ibold in other twelve episodes.
Rick Quan will return in "Little Girl Who" (7.7).

Funny thing: in all of the hospital scenes the same names are called through the speaker.
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Mozambique_patt
Lieutenant

#73 Post by Mozambique_patt »

I liked this episode, thought it was very good. I liked the plot twist. I saw it cold without reading this thread, at the end when she pushed her shoulders back I thought ok, thats it she's going to kill her self, how she going to do it.
I was expecting her to rush TM.

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#74 Post by MaiTaiMan »

I really liked this episode! The plot was awesome, and I liked "Magnum" because it many times had episodes that delt with WWII and/or Pearl Harbor. It had only been about 35 years since the end of WWII when "Magnum" started...so many of those who were in or involved with the war were still alive.

This also had a very superb plot twist at the end...however, the first time I saw it (which was actually in reruns a few years after the show had gone off the air) I did sort of guess what the twist was...that the older couple were really Nazis themselves, and not Jews the Nazis were after.

But, it was awesome seeing how Magnum and Rick discovered it and how they delt with it. The ending was very well done--both acting and camera job!
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Bathurstfan
Commander

Never Again Never Again

#75 Post by Bathurstfan »

Dunno what it is but this episode is a true classic and for some
reason you just feel like your there this episode really gets you in, I feel like I moved back ina time machine to the 80's when I saw it, the acting was so lifelike and realsitic for the times.