The Curse of the King Kamehameha Club (1.11)

Rate, review & discuss the episodes from the first season

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
4%
9.5 (One of the Best)
12%
9.0 (Excellent)
23%
8.5 (Very Good)
27%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
21%
7.5 (Decent)
7%
7.0 (Average at Best)
4%
6.5 (Not So Good)
1%
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 137

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#76 Post by Braddah Kimo »

I never pre judge.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#77 Post by Stelth »

Braddah Kimo wrote:I never pre judge.
Really?

Here was the first question I ever asked here:
Did anyone notice the parking meter that seemed to be attached to the light pole on the softball field? At one point in the ep. Magnum was leaning near it and it seemed very out-of-place. A parking meter on a softball field?

Here was your answer to me:
Those are pay for light meters here. You pop in coinage and you get illumination at nite for your game or practice. No. It doesnt seem out of place. To us. We are accustomed to it. where are your private investigator skills. is the show set in florida. No it is shot on location in... wait for it... Another country. here is a clue, stelth. Light pole. Meter. K den. Got it. Be happy this show, pressed through a very haole / mainland filter, wasnt accurate in its depiction of island life very much at all. You would be posting similar on a daily basis.

That seems like pre-judgement to me.
I think you may be in violation of the Aloha Spirit Law:

THE ALOHA SPIRIT LAW

[§5-7.5] The Aloha Spirit.

(a) The Aloha Spirit is the coordination of mind and heart within each person. It brings each person to the Self. Each person must think and emote good feelings to others. In the contemplation and presence of the life force, Aloha, the following unuhi laulâ loa (free translation) may be used:

A - Akahai, meaning kindness to be expressed with tenderness;

L - Lôkahi, meaning unity, to be expressed with harmony;

O - `Olu`olu, meaning agreeable, to be expressed with pleasantness;

H - Ha`aha`a, meaning humility, to be expressed with modesty;

A - Ahonui, meaning patience, to be expressed with perseverance.

These are traits of character that express the charm, warmth and sincerity of Hawaii's people. It was the working philosophy of native Hawaiians and was presented as a gift to the people of Hawaii.

Aloha is more than a word of greeting or farewell or a salutation.

Aloha means mutual regard and affection and extends warmth in caring with no obligation in return.

Aloha is the essence of relationships in which each person is important to every other person for collective existence.

Aloha means to hear what is not said, to see what cannot be seen and to know the unknowable.

(b) In exercising their power on behalf of the people and in fulfillment of their responsibilities, obligations and service to the people, the legislature, governor, lieutenant governor, executive officers of each department, the chief justice, associate justices, and judges of the appellate, circuit, and district courts may contemplate and reside with the life force and give consideration to The Aloha Spirit. [L 1986, c 202, §1]

I won't report you, though ;)

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#78 Post by Braddah Kimo »

That aloha spirit law thing is a joke created by the haoles in our local political system mess. Read The overview of the so-called aloha spirit in the article you pointed out on the other thread.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#79 Post by Stelth »

Don't worry, I still won't report you. :)

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#80 Post by Braddah Kimo »

as the article mentions, the Aloha spirit is earned. It is not a freely given co
mmodity in abundance ready to be heaped at everyone according to the Hawaii tourist bureau. The review of that portion of the show that I gave is a local perspective is accurate and true something you'll hear day in and day out and for years is not prejudicial it just happens to be the local perspective.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#81 Post by Stelth »

What was prejudicial was your assumption that I (in your own words)
"Be happy this show, pressed through a very haole / mainland filter, wasnt accurate in its depiction of island life very much at all. You would be posting similar on a daily basis."

How do you know what I should feel happy about and what I'd be posting on a daily basis?

Answer: You don't. Because You assumed and pre-judged.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Yep mea culpa I'm guilty of assuming that. I don't know if it's synonymous with pre- judging but yeah you're right about that. E kala mai

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#83 Post by Stelth »

Mahalo. A'ole pilikia.

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#84 Post by Sisophous »

Braddah Kimo wrote:That aloha spirit law thing is a joke created by the haoles in our local political system mess. Read The overview of the so-called aloha spirit in the article you pointed out on the other thread.
You know you are quite funny and I do not think you are trying to be. I have no idea about the aloha spirit but I bet it was created to encourage tourism and bring in more dollars. I bet the local surfers who compete for waves honor this spirit law when a haole from the mainland drops in. :lol:

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#85 Post by Braddah Kimo »

No drop in!

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#86 Post by Sisophous »

So much for the Aloha Spirit Law, what a joke.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by Stelth »

Braddah Kimo wrote:No drop in!
or did you mean: "No, drop in!"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#88 Post by Doc Ibold »

And the thread continues.. Lol. Poor Cotkkc, it never saw this coming.

:lol:

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#89 Post by Braddah Kimo »

The disneyification of Hawaii is the bane of our life here. The commercialization of the so called aloha spirit is even more so. curse the Hawaii tourism Bureau For that.

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#90 Post by Sisophous »

Braddah Kimo wrote:The disneyification of Hawaii is the bane of our life here. The commercialization of the so called aloha spirit is even more so. curse the Hawaii tourism Bureau For that.
12 Billion dollars in visitor spending each year thanks to tourism and over 160,000 jobs due to tourism. The locals that complain about tourism would be the first to complain if they lived in abject poverty like most people do in the Pacific where there is little tourism and little to no government assistance.

Thank the US government for flooding Hawaii with dollars and the tourism bureau. You aren't poor are you? It is an unfortunate downside but a necessary one.