1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
3%

Total votes: 104

Kalai-pahoa
Captain

Re: All Roads Lead to Floyd (1.13)

#41 Post by Kalai-pahoa »

Maybe this is not an excellent or must-see episode, but I thing that it is pretty good and funny. I love Magnum driving around with that small creaking car. That's why all of us like the character: he is anything but a superhero :lol:

Here are some curious things or unknown location I found out.

At the beginning we see Floyd driving in the golf club, but the first sequence is mirrored:
Yoshio Mizamura is playing a hole on the golf course and the mountain range of the Kualoa Regional Park in the far background is on his right then on his left:
ImageImage

In the same sequence Floyd is driving the car on the right side then on the left side:
ImageImage

The car accident happened around Hawaii Kai, near the intersection between Lunalilo Home Road and Anapalau Street:
ImageImage

Burnside's home is located at 1557 Uluhao Street:
ImageImage

Magnum wears the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch Shirt and that green shirt for the first time
ImageImage

Mahalo and see u next time :)
I know what you're thinking, but this time you're wrong.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#42 Post by ConchRepublican »

Kalai-pahoa wrote:Maybe this is not an excellent or must-see episode, but I thing that it is pretty good and funny. I love Magnum driving around with that small creaking car. That's why all of us like the character: he is anything but a superhero :lol:

Here are some curious things or unknown location I found out.

At the beginning we see Floyd driving in the golf club, but the first sequence is mirrored:
Yoshio Mizamura is playing a hole on the golf course and the mountain range of the Kualoa Regional Park in the far background is on his right then on his left:
ImageImage

In the same sequence Floyd is driving the car on the right side then on the left side:
ImageImage

The car accident happened around Hawaii Kai, near the intersection between Lunalilo Home Road and Anapalau Street:
ImageImage

Burnside's home is located at 1557 Uluhao Street:
ImageImage

Magnum wears the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch Shirt and that green shirt for the first time
ImageImage

Mahalo and see u next time :)
I appreciate your researched posts Kalai-pahoa! Are you in or from Hawai'i or a location sleuth ala Rubber Chicken?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Kalai-pahoa
Captain

#43 Post by Kalai-pahoa »

ConchRepublican wrote:I appreciate your researched posts Kalai-pahoa! Are you in or from Hawai'i or a location sleuth ala Rubber Chicken?

Hi ConchRepublican, Thank you for your message of appreciation.
I'm actually from Rome, Italy but I was a couple of weeks in Oahu few months ago visiting the island, the beaches and some Magnum P.I. show locations too :P
Now I'm enjoying myself re-watching the series on DVD in order to find much more locations I couldn't visit when I was there, hoping to come back there soon :wink:
Googlemaps, GoogleEarth and the mountains ranges of the island are very useful and... yeah I guess I'm a sort of a location sleuth ala Rubber Chicken, but I think i'm not as good as him :D
I've got more stuff to post in this forum. see u soon.
I know what you're thinking, but this time you're wrong.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#44 Post by Doc Ibold »

I think it's really good work. Keep it up!

EZiller
Captain

#45 Post by EZiller »

I had the same reaction Magnum did when he saw Anne Bloom in that bikini...wow! I was before, thinking cute girl, as someone said reminiscent of Goldie Hawn, but yeah, she's really hot. Top Ten MPI babe. Also liked the pool scene at the Pyramid Scheme club, good stuff to look at.

Otherwise, an ok episode, nothing great. I honestly don't remember seeing this before. I guess maybe because Noah Beery was in it, it seemed more like a "Rockford Files" episode. All that was missing was the harmonica music.

Estate resident
Captain

#46 Post by Estate resident »

I noticed the intro to this ep. had a few "Five'O" like scenes.

Croix de Lorraine
Admiral

#47 Post by Croix de Lorraine »

Floyd Llewellyn booking a flight over the phone:

'Hello, I would like to book a flight for Saturday'
'What's your name, sir'
'Floyd Llewellyn'
'OK, you're confirmed'

Say what???

I also noticed his daughter keeps calling him 'My daddy' even though she's from Kansas. Isn't that a Southern thing?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#48 Post by Doc Ibold »

Croix de Lorraine wrote:
I also noticed his daughter keeps calling him 'My daddy' even though she's from Kansas. Isn't that a Southern thing?
Nope - not really. It's up here in the Midwest - at least around Detroit. I know people out west who use it too.

Rocket
Lieutenant

#49 Post by Rocket »

Just finished this episode. It was ok. Not one of the better from season one so far.

Flub noted. After Bull gives the bartender his reason on why he will not pay $3.50 for a beer and a shot, he walks away and only takes the beer, while leaving the shot on the bar. Re-watching that scene, he may have poured the shot in the beer but it isn't clear.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by KingKC »

I really like Noah Beery, Jr. but I will always remember this show as the "wild goose chase" episode.

KingKC

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by Frodoleader »

Anyone notice when they were in the travel agency office, TM was standing in front of a poster of the World Trade Center towers. I found it ironic considering there is a print of the Two Towers in Frank Reagan's office on Blue Bloods.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Turkey
Admiral

#52 Post by Turkey »

Always funny watching Magnum struggle with Floyd's tiny car :D
Make it two weeks.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by KingKC »

Turkey wrote:Always funny watching Magnum struggle with Floyd's tiny car :D
Someone correct me if I am wrong but one of the questions on the MPI quiz in another thread asked about the fact that TS/TM could not put the top on the Ferrari because with the top on he couldn't fit in it. I am only 6'2" but there are several cars I cannot fit in.

Turkey
Admiral

#54 Post by Turkey »

KingKC wrote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong but one of the questions on the MPI quiz in another thread asked about the fact that TS/TM could not put the top on the Ferrari because with the top on he couldn't fit in it. I am only 6'2" but there are several cars I cannot fit in.
I think I remember that question yeah, saying they had to modify the Ferrari so he could fit? I know in The Kona Winds he's driving with the top on.
Make it two weeks.

Turkey
Admiral

#55 Post by Turkey »

Turkey wrote:
KingKC wrote:
I think I remember that question yeah, saying they had to modify the Ferrari so he could fit? I know in The Kona Winds he's driving with the top on.

Random fact - also he has the top up in China Doll - just noticed it during the re-watch.
Make it two weeks.