6.0 (Pretty Bad)
1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
3%

Total votes: 104

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

By the way, regarding the paging of Doug Ibold, I put on the subtitles on the DVD, and it gives the page as “Mr. Doug Ival”. I think Ibold is right though, as I’ve noticed one or two slight errors in the subtitles.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#22 Post by Agatha »

Back on March 3rd, James said...

"Just wait until you start recognizing extras in the background!"

Well, it's happened. The Marine pilot that was sitting at the bar next to the blonde gal Mac was talking to in "Dead Man's Channel" is also in the background at the Fox Shop when Higgins goes to watch Holly Berry strip...I mean, dance...I mean, when Higgins goes to talk to Holly Berry about Becky Damon in "A Pretty Good Dancing Chicken."

Egad!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Jaybird
Admiral

#23 Post by Jaybird »

IslandHopper, you are simply amazing. How do you spot all those flubs?
The big plusses in this episode are the number of lovely ladies. Anne Bloom is absolutely hot in her bikini as is the hostess who invites Magnum to the pyramid party.

How did TS ever fit into that Honda N600? "0" to 60 mph in 19 seconds.

I must say, I am thoroughly enjoying my second time through Season 1. In the future, I think I'll read about the flubs ahead of time. Then I'll get my wife to watch the same episode with me and amaze her at my ability to pick up the fmistakes. Of course, I'll never let on....

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#24 Post by IslandHopper »

Mahalo Jaybird. I get a kick out of spotting flubs because it's kind of nice to know that even the most experienced professionals (producers, directors, editors, etc.) can make mistakes. It makes me feel less fallible.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Dewey
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Does anyone know what year and make the green car was?

#25 Post by Dewey »

I work on old cars and loved the green car the old lady was driving that ran into the Ferrari. I think it was a 50 or 51 Chevy??
I dont know what kind of party that was but I wish I would be invited to one!! LOL
And Anne Bloom in those heels and bikin. WOW pretty hot!!
I also love how Old Bull just unpacks what looks to be a 44 Long Barreled Magnum from his suit case. He was not trying to be secretive now was he?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#26 Post by SelleckLover »

Dewey wrote:
I work on old cars and loved the green car the old lady was driving that ran into the Ferrari. I think it was a 50 or 51 Chevy??
If someone will post a screen capture of the car, I can most likely tell you what it is.
I dont know what kind of party that was but I wish I would be invited to one!! LOL
I think we touched upon what kind of "party" this was, in this or another thread. Back in the 1980's Pyramid-type schemes weren't illegal, so they abounded here in the USA. Basically it is a multi-level marketing business model without a product to sell. If you went to a "party" and were one of the very few that got in on one at the beginning, for a relatively small investment, you made a lot of money depending upon how successful you were at getting people to join under you. My brother made over $20,000 on one and he had only invested $1000. Mostly it was a rip-off for the people further down on the "pyramid".

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#27 Post by rubber chicken »

I believe the car was a 1951 Mercury 4 Door Sedan (2). What do you think SelleckLover?

Image Image
Image Image

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#28 Post by SelleckLover »

I concur, rubber chicken! :D Definitely a Mercury!

Dewey
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Correct you are

#29 Post by Dewey »

Now that I can see a better view of it you are exactly right! And I should know this, I have been working for the legendary Gene Winfield the big mercury guy. It was such a fast glance I reckon.
Thanks for sending this, I never even expected a reply back. Too cool!! I love this site its alot of fun
Dewey

Buck
Captain

#30 Post by Buck »

J.J. Walters wrote:Whoa, IslandHopper! Your ability to catch episode flubs is mind blowing! Amazing. :shock:

I'll add these to the Episode Guide, with credit, pronto. Thanks!

I've always liked this kind of goofy episode probably more than I should. Hey, it's got Noah Berry Jr. (another Rockford Files connection) and Red West (close friend/bodyguard of Elvis!) in it!
IslandHopper wrote:Does anyone know what golf course was used in the opening scene of this episode?
It's funny you asked this, because I coincidentally just found out that the golf course scenes were filmed at "Pali Golf Course" in Kaneohe. ;)

Let's all take a look at Cindy (Anne Bloom) in her bikini, shall we:

This may be the BEST episode of Magnum PI.

I liked the performance by Noah Beery JR. Fans of the Rockford Files will LOVE seeing him again.

There is so much to like in this episode. Magnum often gets a slight insult when people ask him "Who's Ferrari is that". It was fun to see the expression on Magnums face when the beautiful girl tells Magnum "Nice car".

I LOVED the party at the pool with all the beautiful women wearing tiny bathing suits, and how the Texan runs past all the women in such a hurry the women all fall in the pool.

It was funny to watch Magnum drive a small car because the Ferrari was getting repaired. Can anyone imagine if Magnum lost use of the Ferrari and had to drive his own car for the run of the series-- something like that small 4 door is probably all he could afford.

Dewey
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anne Bloom is a hottie.

#31 Post by Dewey »

Yes Anne Bloom is pretty smoking hot. I wonder if she still looks good today? I bet some women like this never loose their beauty.
Also I wish they would start showing Magnum re runs on tv.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone in Magnum land, or Happy Hanakua if your Jewish. I want to be an equal opportunity well wisher.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#32 Post by N1095A »

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by MaiTaiMan »

This episode was not very good...and I rated it as such. :? Floyd was an annoying dork, and the episode followed suit. :roll: It was just kind of boring and goofy...not the usual awesome "Magnum" episode that most are. It's one of my least favorites of not only first season but of the series.
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Magnum T. »

A cute girl Cindy Lewellyn hires Magnum to find her father Floyd who, after ten years of silence, sent her a postcard from Oahu.
But Mr. Lewellyn turns out to be all but an easy man to catch!

This is one of my favourites from Season 1.
I usually like episodes in which humor is a main ingredient and this is one of those.
There are a number of funny situations like the car accident with the old lady, the lads "knocking" on the door, Cindy thinking that Robin's Nest is Magnum's estate, Magnum's reaction at Cindy in her bikini ;-)
Along all the episode there are humorous references to the Ferrari:
the old lady's line, Cindy's line at the airport, Higgins' reprimenda.
And, above all, Magnum running around in that... tin.

Plus:
Anne Bloom. She gives a very good performance as Cindy.
Perhaps she is not as "gorgeous" as some of other female guest-stars, but she is very cute!
And pretty hot in that bikini!
Minus:
None.
Best line:
Magnum: Hey, how'd you know this was my car?
Cindy: What else would a man like you drive?

Notes:
- team ring on the left
- the white tennis shoes Magnum wears probably are a pair of Lotto, an Italian sports apparel manufacturer.
- again, same actors playing different roles.
Red West will return as Billy Cockrell in "Let me hear the music" (5.18).
Seth Sakai in "Billy Joe Bob" (2.1) as Ito, in "Texas Lightning (2.18) as Chan, in "The arrow that is not aimed" (3.14) as Fukuda and in "All for one" (5.15 and 5.16) as Major Tu.
Elissa Dulce Hoopai will be Rosine, a King Kamehameha Club waitress in six other episodes. She plays Tiffany in "The Man From Marseilles" (5.20).
- J.J. Walters: how the heck did you spot Shirley Rogers? That is amazing to me!

Funny thing:
Frodoleader wrote:In the second photo above, with TM driving the teeny, tiny Honda; did anyone else notice the young lady in the background wearing the teeny, tiny swimsuit!! :shock:
I did, while watching the episode. There are a lot of... swimsuits in this episode :D
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

Re: Does anyone know what year and make the green car was?

#35 Post by Frodoleader »

Dewey wrote:I work on old cars and loved the green car the old lady was driving that ran into the Ferrari. I think it was a 50 or 51 Chevy??
And Anne Bloom in those heels and bikin. WOW pretty hot!!
I also love how Old Bull just unpacks what looks to be a 44 Long Barreled Magnum from his suit case. He was not trying to be secretive now was he?
Really! I just cracked up to see him unzip his suitcase and see that big, old gun lying there! How our world has changed since then.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan