1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
3%

Total votes: 104

Dewey
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anne Bloom is a hottie.

#31 Post by Dewey »

Yes Anne Bloom is pretty smoking hot. I wonder if she still looks good today? I bet some women like this never loose their beauty.
Also I wish they would start showing Magnum re runs on tv.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone in Magnum land, or Happy Hanakua if your Jewish. I want to be an equal opportunity well wisher.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#32 Post by N1095A »

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by MaiTaiMan »

This episode was not very good...and I rated it as such. :? Floyd was an annoying dork, and the episode followed suit. :roll: It was just kind of boring and goofy...not the usual awesome "Magnum" episode that most are. It's one of my least favorites of not only first season but of the series.
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Magnum T. »

A cute girl Cindy Lewellyn hires Magnum to find her father Floyd who, after ten years of silence, sent her a postcard from Oahu.
But Mr. Lewellyn turns out to be all but an easy man to catch!

This is one of my favourites from Season 1.
I usually like episodes in which humor is a main ingredient and this is one of those.
There are a number of funny situations like the car accident with the old lady, the lads "knocking" on the door, Cindy thinking that Robin's Nest is Magnum's estate, Magnum's reaction at Cindy in her bikini ;-)
Along all the episode there are humorous references to the Ferrari:
the old lady's line, Cindy's line at the airport, Higgins' reprimenda.
And, above all, Magnum running around in that... tin.

Plus:
Anne Bloom. She gives a very good performance as Cindy.
Perhaps she is not as "gorgeous" as some of other female guest-stars, but she is very cute!
And pretty hot in that bikini!
Minus:
None.
Best line:
Magnum: Hey, how'd you know this was my car?
Cindy: What else would a man like you drive?

Notes:
- team ring on the left
- the white tennis shoes Magnum wears probably are a pair of Lotto, an Italian sports apparel manufacturer.
- again, same actors playing different roles.
Red West will return as Billy Cockrell in "Let me hear the music" (5.18).
Seth Sakai in "Billy Joe Bob" (2.1) as Ito, in "Texas Lightning (2.18) as Chan, in "The arrow that is not aimed" (3.14) as Fukuda and in "All for one" (5.15 and 5.16) as Major Tu.
Elissa Dulce Hoopai will be Rosine, a King Kamehameha Club waitress in six other episodes. She plays Tiffany in "The Man From Marseilles" (5.20).
- J.J. Walters: how the heck did you spot Shirley Rogers? That is amazing to me!

Funny thing:
Frodoleader wrote:In the second photo above, with TM driving the teeny, tiny Honda; did anyone else notice the young lady in the background wearing the teeny, tiny swimsuit!! :shock:
I did, while watching the episode. There are a lot of... swimsuits in this episode :D
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

Re: Does anyone know what year and make the green car was?

#35 Post by Frodoleader »

Dewey wrote:I work on old cars and loved the green car the old lady was driving that ran into the Ferrari. I think it was a 50 or 51 Chevy??
I dont know what kind of party that was but I wish I would be invited to one!! LOL
And Anne Bloom in those heels and bikin. WOW pretty hot!!
I also love how Old Bull just unpacks what looks to be a 44 Long Barreled Magnum from his suit case. He was not trying to be secretive now was he?
Really! I just cracked up to see him unzip his suitcase and see that big, old gun lying there! How our world has changed since then.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

This was sort of average for me... You all seem to like Cindy a lot, but for me she's one of these annoying characters. Worst moment is when she blubbers away about the accident to Higgins, even though Thomas is trying to stop her. Arrrrrgh!

These pyramid schemes are a total rip-off. The party seems a bit over the top for a pyramid scheme... I wondered if there were other things going on (and was confirmed, when Cindy reported about the crab game in the ladies bathroom)

The car is funny and the way Thomas folds into it!!! Although I must say, my car is probably about the same size as that Honda but I am just half as tall as Tom Selleck! :lol:

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Magnum T. »

Visiting Stewardess wrote:This was sort of average for me... You all seem to like Cindy a lot, but for me she's one of these annoying characters. Worst moment is when she blubbers away about the accident to Higgins, even though Thomas is trying to stop her. Arrrrrgh!
That's one of the reasons why the character is funny!
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by Seaver41 »

this was a comfort episode. I watched this last night in bed (my new pre-sleep, post Xmas routine)....and it was fun. Can't say that I haven't liked any of season 1........because even the ones that might be candidates such as the little girls and the 'suicide' actress.........those early ones had production features still evolving.

I will be dead honest........I was afraid that all these years later I would have found thr reality of the series didn't meet my memories of what I remember. Quite the opposite is happening.....my memories are being reaffirmed that this was and still is my favorite of all time.....simply because the binding factors of friendship, loyalty, integrity, honor and love never get old.

Wardrobe and scenery are upstaged and disguised by character development and solid plots.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#39 Post by J.J. Walters »

Seaver41 wrote: I will be dead honest........I was afraid that all these years later I would have found thr reality of the series didn't meet my memories of what I remember. Quite the opposite is happening.....my memories are being reaffirmed that this was and still is my favorite of all time.....simply because the binding factors of friendship, loyalty, integrity, honor and love never get old.
:)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#40 Post by J.J. Walters »

Saw an episode of Pawn Stars the other night that had a guy trying to sell a beat up Honda Z*. This car was in horrible, horrible shape and didn't even start. He wanted 5K. Rick offered him $400, to which the seller countered with, "I can't go any lower than $3500!" Rick walked away and I laughed my ass off!

* I realize Floyd's car is a N600, but it's close enough!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Kalai-pahoa
Captain

Re: All Roads Lead to Floyd (1.13)

#41 Post by Kalai-pahoa »

Maybe this is not an excellent or must-see episode, but I thing that it is pretty good and funny. I love Magnum driving around with that small creaking car. That's why all of us like the character: he is anything but a superhero :lol:

Here are some curious things or unknown location I found out.

At the beginning we see Floyd driving in the golf club, but the first sequence is mirrored:
Yoshio Mizamura is playing a hole on the golf course and the mountain range of the Kualoa Regional Park in the far background is on his right then on his left:
ImageImage

In the same sequence Floyd is driving the car on the right side then on the left side:
ImageImage

The car accident happened around Hawaii Kai, near the intersection between Lunalilo Home Road and Anapalau Street:
ImageImage

Burnside's home is located at 1557 Uluhao Street:
ImageImage

Magnum wears the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch Shirt and that green shirt for the first time
ImageImage

Mahalo and see u next time :)
I know what you're thinking, but this time you're wrong.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#42 Post by ConchRepublican »

Kalai-pahoa wrote:Maybe this is not an excellent or must-see episode, but I thing that it is pretty good and funny. I love Magnum driving around with that small creaking car. That's why all of us like the character: he is anything but a superhero :lol:

Here are some curious things or unknown location I found out.

At the beginning we see Floyd driving in the golf club, but the first sequence is mirrored:
Yoshio Mizamura is playing a hole on the golf course and the mountain range of the Kualoa Regional Park in the far background is on his right then on his left:
ImageImage

In the same sequence Floyd is driving the car on the right side then on the left side:
ImageImage

The car accident happened around Hawaii Kai, near the intersection between Lunalilo Home Road and Anapalau Street:
ImageImage

Burnside's home is located at 1557 Uluhao Street:
ImageImage

Magnum wears the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch Shirt and that green shirt for the first time
ImageImage

Mahalo and see u next time :)
I appreciate your researched posts Kalai-pahoa! Are you in or from Hawai'i or a location sleuth ala Rubber Chicken?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Kalai-pahoa
Captain

#43 Post by Kalai-pahoa »

ConchRepublican wrote:I appreciate your researched posts Kalai-pahoa! Are you in or from Hawai'i or a location sleuth ala Rubber Chicken?

Hi ConchRepublican, Thank you for your message of appreciation.
I'm actually from Rome, Italy but I was a couple of weeks in Oahu few months ago visiting the island, the beaches and some Magnum P.I. show locations too :P
Now I'm enjoying myself re-watching the series on DVD in order to find much more locations I couldn't visit when I was there, hoping to come back there soon :wink:
Googlemaps, GoogleEarth and the mountains ranges of the island are very useful and... yeah I guess I'm a sort of a location sleuth ala Rubber Chicken, but I think i'm not as good as him :D
I've got more stuff to post in this forum. see u soon.
I know what you're thinking, but this time you're wrong.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#44 Post by Doc Ibold »

I think it's really good work. Keep it up!

EZiller
Captain

#45 Post by EZiller »

I had the same reaction Magnum did when he saw Anne Bloom in that bikini...wow! I was before, thinking cute girl, as someone said reminiscent of Goldie Hawn, but yeah, she's really hot. Top Ten MPI babe. Also liked the pool scene at the Pyramid Scheme club, good stuff to look at.

Otherwise, an ok episode, nothing great. I honestly don't remember seeing this before. I guess maybe because Noah Beery was in it, it seemed more like a "Rockford Files" episode. All that was missing was the harmonica music.