1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
3%

Total votes: 104

Estate resident
Captain

Re: All Roads Lead to Floyd (1.13)

#46 Post by Estate resident »

I noticed the intro to this ep. had a few "Five'O" like scenes.

Croix de Lorraine
Admiral

#47 Post by Croix de Lorraine »

Floyd Llewellyn booking a flight over the phone:

'Hello, I would like to book a flight for Saturday'
'What's your name, sir'
'Floyd Llewellyn'
'OK, you're confirmed'

Say what???

I also noticed his daughter keeps calling him 'My daddy' even though she's from Kansas. Isn't that a Southern thing?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#48 Post by Doc Ibold »

Croix de Lorraine wrote:
I also noticed his daughter keeps calling him 'My daddy' even though she's from Kansas. Isn't that a Southern thing?
Nope - not really. It's up here in the Midwest - at least around Detroit. I know people out west who use it too.

Rocket
Lieutenant

#49 Post by Rocket »

Just finished this episode. It was ok. Not one of the better from season one so far.

Flub noted. After Bull gives the bartender his reason on why he will not pay $3.50 for a beer and a shot, he walks away and only takes the beer, while leaving the shot on the bar. Re-watching that scene, he may have poured the shot in the beer but it isn't clear.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by KingKC »

I really like Noah Beery, Jr. but I will always remember this show as the "wild goose chase" episode.

KingKC

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by Frodoleader »

Anyone notice when they were in the travel agency office, TM was standing in front of a poster of the World Trade Center towers. I found it ironic considering there is a print of the Two Towers in Frank Reagan's office on Blue Bloods.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Turkey
Admiral

#52 Post by Turkey »

Always funny watching Magnum struggle with Floyd's tiny car :D
Make it two weeks.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by KingKC »

Turkey wrote:Always funny watching Magnum struggle with Floyd's tiny car :D
Someone correct me if I am wrong but one of the questions on the MPI quiz in another thread asked about the fact that TS/TM could not put the top on the Ferrari because with the top on he couldn't fit in it. I am only 6'2" but there are several cars I cannot fit in.

Turkey
Admiral

#54 Post by Turkey »

KingKC wrote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong but one of the questions on the MPI quiz in another thread asked about the fact that TS/TM could not put the top on the Ferrari because with the top on he couldn't fit in it. I am only 6'2" but there are several cars I cannot fit in.
I think I remember that question yeah, saying they had to modify the Ferrari so he could fit? I know in The Kona Winds he's driving with the top on.
Make it two weeks.

Turkey
Admiral

#55 Post by Turkey »

Turkey wrote:
KingKC wrote:
I think I remember that question yeah, saying they had to modify the Ferrari so he could fit? I know in The Kona Winds he's driving with the top on.

Random fact - also he has the top up in China Doll - just noticed it during the re-watch.
Make it two weeks.

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

Re:

#56 Post by Danny Lin »

On Floyd pushing a non existing key while dialing a phone number:
IslandHopper wrote:Additional flubs for "All Roads Lead To Floyd."

2. When Floyd is using the public telephone by the road, watch him dial the telephone number to confirm his flight reservation. He dials [1], [2], [3], [5], [6], [3], [2] and then turns slightly to his left and takes his eye off of the key pad and tries to push the [1], but misses and pushes the flat panel to the left of the [1] as if he were pressing a number. This is hilarious. This is another one of my favorite flubs.

Exactly. :lol: I saw that two since I`m always looking closely at the numbers being dialed. And to me it also looks like he tries to push the non existing button twice.

Anyway the Hawaiian numbers being dialed in the show usually consist of 7 digits. Here we have 8 or even 9. That certainly doesn´t make a flub. I just noticed.
Last edited by Danny Lin on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... Then I'm history... Walking history... I'll be just another chapter in one of those dumb books Louise Peardon makes me read: "Prince Danny Lin, assassinated July." ...

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

Re:

#57 Post by Danny Lin »

On paging "Mr. Doug Ibold":
Jay-Firestorm wrote:By the way, regarding the paging of Doug Ibold, I put on the subtitles on the DVD, and it gives the page as “Mr. Doug Ival”. I think Ibold is right though, as I’ve noticed one or two slight errors in the subtitles.
I fact the subtitle gives the page as "Mr Ival,..." only (without "Doug") while the page it self says: "Mr. Doug Ibold" or "Mr. Doug Ival". One could guess that the people making the subtitles of some reason just didn´t get to know that the page was supposed to be "Mr. Doug Ibold" and that they just didn´t consider it to be important to be precise about the paged name.
... Then I'm history... Walking history... I'll be just another chapter in one of those dumb books Louise Peardon makes me read: "Prince Danny Lin, assassinated July." ...

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

#58 Post by Danny Lin »

On Floyd, confirming a flight reservation:
Croix de Lorraine wrote:Floyd Llewellyn booking a flight over the phone:

'Hello, I would like to book a flight for Saturday'
'What's your name, sir'
'Floyd Llewellyn'
'OK, you're confirmed'

Say what???

In fact the dialogue goes like this:

"Pan Pacific Airlines. May I help you?"
"Er... I´d like to, er... confirm a reservation for Saturday."
"Your name please?"
"Floyd Llewellyn"
"Yes, Mr. Llewellyn, you´re confirmed."
"Yes. Thank You!"

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

#59 Post by Danny Lin »

On Bull pouring (or not pouring) the shot into the beer:
Rocket wrote:

Flub noted. After Bull gives the bartender his reason on why he will not pay $3.50 for a beer and a shot, he walks away and only takes the beer, while leaving the shot on the bar. Re-watching that scene, he may have poured the shot in the beer but it isn't clear.
Like Rocket I wondered why Bull would leave the shot at the bar and only take away the beer. Since one can´t really see if the shot glass that is left on the bar is empty or not, I rewatched the sequence several times because I know that in certain areas it is common to order a shot and a beer and to pour the shot into the beer instead of consuming both separately. Sometimes the glass containing the shot is even served inside the beer glass!
Rewatching the sequence I found it quite clear from the way Bull moves his right arm and looks down on the glasses (which you can´t see) that he in fact pours the shot into the beer. That would mean: No flub.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Re:

#60 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

[quote="IslandHopper"]Additional flubs for "All Roads Lead To Floyd."
2. When Floyd is using the public telephone by the road, watch him dial the telephone number to confirm his flight reservation. He dials [1], [2], [3], [5], [6], [3], [2] and then turns slightly to his left and takes his eye off of the key pad and tries to push the [1], but misses and pushes the flat panel to the left of the [1] as if he were pressing a number. This is hilarious. This is another one of my favorite flubs.

Island Hopper,
There is a famous telephone flub on the "Bupkis" episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show. Rob grabs the phone and dials, while looking thru the
phone book for the number he has already dialed. Van Dyke then cracks up at his mistake along with a part of the studio audience.
The producers left this flub in on purpose because you don't throw out a good bit (even if it is by mistake).
A lot of the viewers will only 'get' it after repeated viewings.
I only got the joke recently and laughed all the more for it.

Ralph Bellamy - You bastard!
Lee Marvin - Yes sir. With me, an accident of birth. But you, you're a self-made man.
The Professionals (1966)
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Fri May 22, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.