Total votes: 104

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Sam »

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by Sam »

Hi Sam,

I didn't see any renovation work taking place. Looked like there were a few windows boarded-up and blue tarps covering some areas - the kind used to cover storm damage. I did see one person on the property pushing a wheel barrel. Also this funny interaction...

There were two young women (mid-to-late 20's) sitting on the wall by the tidal pool. They had a dog with them. Two other dogs showed up on the other side of the fence on the estate, a lab and a french bulldog. The girls' dog and the dogs on the estate were sniffing each other through the fence. I, of course, said the most logical thing, "Is that zeus and Apollo?" They looked at me kind of funny, obviously not getting my joke, and said "no, that's Jake and Henry." I walked away feeling rather old.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#23 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hello, Henry Lewis! Welcome!

Awesome pictures! Super high quality! :)
Henry Lewis wrote:There were two young women (mid-to-late 20's) sitting on the wall by the tidal pool. They had a dog with them. Two other dogs showed up on the other side of the fence on the estate, a lab and a french bulldog. The girls' dog and the dogs on the estate were sniffing each other through the fence. I, of course, said the most logical thing, "Is that zeus and Apollo?" They looked at me kind of funny, obviously not getting my joke, and said "no, that's Jake and Henry." I walked away feeling rather old.
LOL! Kids today, they just don't know what they are missing. Just imagine what they would have said if you had asked one of them to do a "snorkel shot" with you in the tidal pool. ;)

BTW, love the user name! Here, you can use this for your avatar...

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Henry Lewis
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#24 Post by Henry Lewis »

James J. Walters wrote:Hello, Henry Lewis! Welcome!

Awesome pictures! Super high quality! :)
Henry Lewis wrote:There were two young women (mid-to-late 20's) sitting on the wall by the tidal pool. They had a dog with them. Two other dogs showed up on the other side of the fence on the estate, a lab and a french bulldog. The girls' dog and the dogs on the estate were sniffing each other through the fence. I, of course, said the most logical thing, "Is that zeus and Apollo?" They looked at me kind of funny, obviously not getting my joke, and said "no, that's Jake and Henry." I walked away feeling rather old.
LOL! Kids today, they just don't know what they are missing. Just imagine what they would have said if you had asked one of them to do a "snorkel shot" with you in the tidal pool. ;)

BTW, love the user name! Here, you can use this for your avatar...

It crossed my mind to make that request. One of them certainly had the perfect "gear" to pull off the "snorkel shot".

I like your avatar suggestion. Can you come up with the shot of Henry doing hand stand push-ups on the beach?
TM: Hey Henry, how about a little one-on-one?
HL: One-on-one with who?
TM: With me.
HL: Oh come on, you gotta be kidding.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by MaiTaiMan »

I liked this episode, it was pretty good and another one I enjoy from first season. I thought the idea of these rich, bizarre, women liking to play these role-playing games was interesting.

Judith Chapman is also a good actress, and she guest-stars again later in one of my all-time favorite episodes: "The Woman On the Beach"!
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#27 Post by Pahonu »

Carol the Dabbler wrote:Oh, right -- magenta walls. Thanks!
"hot tropical magenta" to be precise. :)

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Pahonu wrote:
Carol the Dabbler wrote:Oh, right -- magenta walls. Thanks!
"hot tropical magenta" to be precise. :)
Butt-ugly walls, to be precise! :wink: :lol:
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#29 Post by Agatha »

I agree, MaiTaiMan!! Be pretty hard to fall asleep in that room!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by MaiTaiMan »

Agatha wrote:I agree, MaiTaiMan!! Be pretty hard to fall asleep in that room!!

:)
LOL! :lol: Yup...even in the dark I'd know that "garrish" color was all around me. :wink: Magenta works with some things/places...but not for complete walls of a room/house. :shock: Despite how "hot" the decorator was, I'm surprised Higgins allowed that color to be used for all the walls. :o

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by Magnum T. »

Henry Lewis wrote: It crossed my mind to make that request. One of them certainly had the perfect "gear" to pull off the "snorkel shot".
I bet she's the one on the right.
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Magnum T. »

Louise DeBolt is a young and attractive lady married to a very rich but older man.
She likes to play "games", pretending to have an adventurous life as a spy or a damsel in distress.
Her sister Christie hires Magnum to play one of those little games with Louise, but it soon becomes clear that somebody is after the woman, and not for a game.

This is one of my favourites from Season 1.
(As a general rule, I like every episode in which Magnum plays the Bogart-like p.i.).
I think this is a very good episode: it has the plot, the action, the climax twist, the humor (Mabel Dodge, the "one-eared man").
Well written, casted and performed, it's a fun to watch.

Plus: Kathryn Leigh Scott is very fascinating.
Minus: the scene where Christie is caught by TM and Wyndom Jackson. One minute she dooms her sister to death, the next she suddenly cries for her. Looks a little phoney.
Best line:
Magnum: I love your work.

Notes:
- team ring on the left hand.
- in the ending credits sequence there are a couple of deleted scenes: one is the DeBolt sisters at KKC with Higgins, the other is a smiling Magnum in his green bathrobe.
- Ray Austin, director of twelve MPI episodes (including this one) plays the role of Philippe. He will act again as Nigel Hucksby III in "Ms. Jones" (5.19), which he also directed; Judith Chapman will be back again in "The woman on the beach" (2.3) as Lisa Page/Sara Clifford; Robert Hoy (Bart) will return in "Did you see the sunrise?" (3.2), the aforementioned "Ms. Jones" and "A little bit of luck... A little bit of grief" (6.20); Robert Apisa (Kimo) will be back in "Billy Joe Bob" (2.1), "From Moscow to Maui" (2.4), "...By its cover" (3.21), "Dream a little dream" (4.20) and "Tigers fan" (8.4).

Funny thing: in a couple of scenes Tom Selleck imitates Bogart's way of talking.
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Hm, I gave this quite a bad rating, I thought this was terrible. The nail in the coffin was the scene noted by Magnum T. of Christie at the end suddenly crying "Louise, Louise!"
It had a couple of funny moments ("Red! ... Red!" --- "I love your work")
but overall I thought the story based on these "games" was quite terrible.

Yes, if I was terribly rich, I'd definitely also have better things to do than play stupid games.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Magnum T. »

Visiting Stewardess wrote: Yes, if I was terribly rich, I'd definitely also have better things to do than play stupid games.
Me too!
But Louise seems a person with a vivid imagination and a childish psyche.
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Seaver41 »

J.J. Walters wrote:A couple of deleted scenes can be seen in the opening preview and the closing credits.

The opening preview shows Christie (in a bikini) talking to Magnum. Magnum says, "That's $500 dollars" and Christie replies, "It's called an attention-getter". This scene did not appear in the episode.

At the beginning of the closing credits, Louise and Christie are seen sitting at a table at the KKC beach bar. This scene also never happened in the episode.

It's a real shame they chose to remove the only swim suit scenes involving Judith Chapman and Kathryn Leigh Scott! :(
watched it last night............and YES I agree about the scene being delted....damn

btw.......does she have the biggest blue eyes? DAMN