1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 171

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: J. "Digger" Doyle (1.17)

#111 Post by ConchRepublican »

I also thought this was the episode that puts the big monkey wrench in the "Higgins is Robin" idea.

While Higgy-baby he was under the effects of the truth serum wouldn't he have told them?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#112 Post by Milton Collins »

Ok I'm going on record and posing this to all the guys on this site, J Digger/Erin Grey is the hottest woman ever on Magnum! (Side comment, are we seeing Sellecks first wife as one of the attempted killers? I know she's in a later episode too and this sure looks like her. She's quite attractive herself!) I thought there were many hot women on Magnum (Michelle/Marta Dubois, was another fav for me:)) but J Digger was a 10! And I gave this episode a 9, she was a great character/actress and this was a very good episode and story. Fantastic action, halarious drugged Higgins, several Robbin scenes by The great Orson Wells that were very very good and should have been done more, just an all around excellent episode. I have one small complaint though, would TM have really been so naive with Digger in the beginning? As I've stated (and overstated lol) she was extremely attractive but I have to think that Magnum might have smelled a rat at how badly she specifically wanted to get inside the mansion, Robbins room, etc. Oh well, guess it had to happen for the episode to work and it is a tv show:)

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#113 Post by Little Garwood »

A request for someone to add a WAV of Magnum's "Higgins shut up!" to the Magnum-Mania Audio section.
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#114 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Milton Collins wrote:Ok I'm going on record and posing this to all the guys on this site, J Digger/Erin Grey is the hottest woman ever on Magnum! (Side comment, are we seeing Sellecks first wife as one of the attempted killers? I know she's in a later episode too and this sure looks like her. She's quite attractive herself!) I thought there were many hot women on Magnum (Michelle/Marta Dubois, was another fav for me:)) but J Digger was a 10! And I gave this episode a 9, she was a great character/actress and this was a very good episode and story. Fantastic action, halarious drugged Higgins, several Robbin scenes by The great Orson Wells that were very very good and should have been done more, just an all around excellent episode. I have one small complaint though, would TM have really been so naive with Digger in the beginning? As I've stated (and overstated lol) she was extremely attractive but I have to think that Magnum might have smelled a rat at how badly she specifically wanted to get inside the mansion, Robbins room, etc. Oh well, guess it had to happen for the episode to work and it is a tv show:)

HOT....just a hottie in these years!!!!.....

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#115 Post by terryfromkerry »

ERIN GREY ............. YEAH BABY !
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Lance Mannion
Lieutenant Commander

#116 Post by Lance Mannion »

terryfromkerry wrote:ERIN GREY ............. YEAH BABY !
LOL ... I still remember Erin Grey from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
... Pretty as can be ... But not the ultimate M-PI Hottie in my book ...

Turkey
Admiral

#117 Post by Turkey »

Haven't seen this episode for a while - fav part, Higgins admitting that he was 'running on a bit' under the effects of the drug, priceless!

Great to see the stairway to heaven again, especially now that it will soon be closed. Looks steep.
Make it two weeks.

Howland Owl
Ensign

#118 Post by Howland Owl »

If Higgins is really Robin Master then Higgins is really submitting a resignation to himself! Since there is no possible reason for him to do that at this point in the series the writers had not come up with the idea of making the two one and the same.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#119 Post by 308GUY »

Hi HO......oh wait :lol: (Borrowed from China Doll :D )

Welcome!

Your observation is spot on and among more than a few others that verify the suspicion.

Discussed at length in several other threads here over the last several years.

Always good to see new folks on board! :magnum: (I see you've been lurking for quite a while, but "welcome" to your first post!)
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

txz045
Lieutenant

#120 Post by txz045 »

Great episode. Erin Gray is lovely as always. Hope the stairs will one day legally be open to the public. I've been reading about the stairs and the climb on several websites for the past couple of hours. Lots of great images to view and videos on youtube as well for Haiku Stairs.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#121 Post by KingKC »

This episode was as memorable as any of them. What else can I say about it that hasn't been said. Definitely a top ten in my list.

KingKC

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#122 Post by eagle »

I'm going through the series again, and watched this one yesterday. IMHO, the best in the series so far. Digger Doyle might be my favorite "Magnum girl."

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#123 Post by Little Garwood »

I found this vintage ad featuring Erin Grey and thought all the Digger Doyle admirers might appreciate it:

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em... :P

~Tom Selleck

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#124 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

So I'm watching the latest Hallmark Channel Christmas movie tonight (yes, I admit it...I like watching them :oops: ) and I recognize the voice of one of the actresses. I absolutely know the voice......I know that I know her but I just can't place her.....her mannerisms seem so familiar......so I look up the cast online, and it's Erin Gray!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#125 Post by Little Garwood »

I'd know Erin Grey no matter what. Her looks, mannerisms, and onscreen persona are forever etched in my memory. Heck, I wrote her a fan letter when I was nine years old!

~Tom Selleck