6.0 (Pretty Bad)
1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 171

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#21 Post by J.J. Walters »

Indeed golf, it's a head-scratcher. Nothing makes sense. It's just more evidence that some kind of teleportation must have been used on the estate! ;)

rubber chicken, thanks. It appears that I've missed "the wall" in several episodes! Jez, after watching hundreds of scenes on the estate, you think you know the place inside and out. And then one day you find out there is a friggin' large cinder block wall, virtually in the middle of the lawn, that you've somehow missed! :shock:

If "the wall" is still around in the later seasons, I might just .... I don't know, scream "mystical", or something!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#22 Post by rubber chicken »

I didn't recall it either, and I pause the dvd while watching an episode to study every detail of the estate. I must have known it was there at one time. The solution I think is to watch even more Magnum P.I. hehe.

Can I confess something? I'm only one third finished with season 8... :oops: Ahh, there, feels good to get that off my chest. I've been spending my "Magnum time" looking for locations mostly, which leaves less time for the actual show. That's also why I don't post here as much as I used to. Plus I got a 40" LCD HDTV recently and for me, Magnum P.I. just isn't the same when viewed digitally. I like watching on normal CRT TVs, which are much more appropriate. But now the old CRT is in another room with less comfy seating. All this has totally messed with Magnum viewing! :lol:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#23 Post by golfmobile »

James:
If "the wall" is still around in the later seasons, I might just .... I don't know, scream "mystical", or something!
No . . . . THAT is the order of the universe!

RC,

This is where your laptop comes in -- just pop your MPI DVDs in the drive in it, and you can carry it with you wherever . . . . with headphones/earbuds, you can put it on your chest and lie in bed with Magnum (okay, I'm waiting for the quips to THAT I just set myself up for).

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#24 Post by J.J. Walters »

golfmobile wrote:Image
golf, I think the guesthouse and main house should be switched. This would better explain why Magnum turns right after going through the covered passageway. It, of course, doesn't explain all those scenes at the lanai where the beach/ocean is a stones throw away!
rubber chicken wrote:But now the old CRT is in another room with less comfy seating. All this has totally messed with Magnum viewing!
LOL!! :lol:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

MikePisciotta
Ensign

#25 Post by MikePisciotta »

[quote="IslandHopper"]Additional Flubs for J. "Digger" Doyle:

2. This Flub is one of my favorites. After J. Doyle cons her way into Higgins' study and pulls the gun on Magnum and Higgins, she uses the red telephone to call Robin Masters. After a brief conversation with Robin, she hands the phone to Higgins, who speaks to Robin for 7 seconds. From Higgins' 7 second conversation with Robin, Higgins launches into a 61 second, detailed dialogue about the attempt on Robin's life, StarGuard, J. Doyle, Robin's plan to pick-up all of his tapes from one of his estates, etc. During Higgins' dialogue, Magnum interrupts Higgins briefly, but then Higgins continues with his dialogue. The question is: How could Higgins have gotten 61 seconds of very detailed dialogue from a 7 second conversation with Robin? This scene requires you to abandon all logic. I love it.

I believe that Higgins was on the phone with Robin when Magnum first walked into the room after returning to the estate with Digger. Maybe that is why Higgins seemed so rushed and flustered when Magnum was trying to talk to him.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#26 Post by ConchRepublican »

MikePisciotta wrote:
IslandHopper wrote:Additional Flubs for J. "Digger" Doyle:

2. This Flub is one of my favorites. After J. Doyle cons her way into Higgins' study and pulls the gun on Magnum and Higgins, she uses the red telephone to call Robin Masters. After a brief conversation with Robin, she hands the phone to Higgins, who speaks to Robin for 7 seconds. From Higgins' 7 second conversation with Robin, Higgins launches into a 61 second, detailed dialogue about the attempt on Robin's life, StarGuard, J. Doyle, Robin's plan to pick-up all of his tapes from one of his estates, etc. During Higgins' dialogue, Magnum interrupts Higgins briefly, but then Higgins continues with his dialogue. The question is: How could Higgins have gotten 61 seconds of very detailed dialogue from a 7 second conversation with Robin? This scene requires you to abandon all logic. I love it.

I believe that Higgins was on the phone with Robin when Magnum first walked into the room after returning to the estate with Digger. Maybe that is why Higgins seemed so rushed and flustered when Magnum was trying to talk to him.
Welcome Mike!!!!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MikePisciotta
Ensign

#27 Post by MikePisciotta »

ConchRepublican wrote:
MikePisciotta wrote:
IslandHopper wrote:Additional Flubs for J. "Digger" Doyle:

Welcome Mike!!!!!!

Thanks, I'm glad to know I'm not the only crazy Magnum fan out there...

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#28 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome Mike and enjoy the site!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Frodoleader »

I just watched this episode the other day and noticed another possible flub. When the lads have TC up in the tree, Higgins and Digger drive up in the truck. In that shot you can see Digger come out of the truck with her handgun drawn, in her right hand I believe. Then the camera cuts to TC, then back to Digger and Higgins, with no handgun in sight.

Wasn't this a spin-off episode? Does anyone have an idea why a series starring Erin Grey as Digger Doyle wasn't picked up?
And what is Ms. grey up to these days?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#30 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I believe they tried to pitch a series for her from this episode but it didn't formulate. I agree, anything with Erin would have been a nice prime time addition.

Carmen
MPI

#31 Post by Carmen »

Thanks, I'm glad to know I'm not the only crazy Magnum fan out there...
Who is crazy `round here ?! :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#32 Post by SelleckLover »

Who me? A crazy Magnum fan??? I never heard of such a thing! :wink:

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Miss Q »

Question - Given TM and Diggers familiarity with each other at the closing scene of this episode, does TM sleep with her?
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Carmen
MPI

#34 Post by Carmen »

Like I said on the "On the fly" thread: "Is he male" "Is the pope catholic?"

No offence here guys, but doesn`t men take every opportunity... :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Artie Canoe
Captain

#35 Post by Artie Canoe »

Yeah I think a lot of that was implied in Magnum without actually giving everything away so you have to put it together yourself in a lot of cases involving his "romances"