It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 19%  19%  [ 15 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 29%  29%  [ 23 ]
7.5 (Decent) 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 78
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:04 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Anyone notice when they were in the travel agency office, TM was standing in front of a poster of the World Trade Center towers. I found it ironic considering there is a print of the Two Towers in Frank Reagan's office on Blue Bloods.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:52 pm 
Admiral

Always funny watching Magnum struggle with Floyd's tiny car :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:05 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Turkey wrote:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but one of the questions on the MPI quiz in another thread asked about the fact that TS/TM could not put the top on the Ferrari because with the top on he couldn't fit in it. I am only 6'2" but there are several cars I cannot fit in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:17 am 
Admiral

KingKC wrote:
Turkey wrote:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but one of the questions on the MPI quiz in another thread asked about the fact that TS/TM could not put the top on the Ferrari because with the top on he couldn't fit in it. I am only 6'2" but there are several cars I cannot fit in.

I think I remember that question yeah, saying they had to modify the Ferrari so he could fit? I know in The Kona Winds he's driving with the top on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:57 am 
Admiral

Turkey wrote:
KingKC wrote:
Turkey wrote:

I think I remember that question yeah, saying they had to modify the Ferrari so he could fit? I know in The Kona Winds he's driving with the top on.

Random fact - also he has the top up in China Doll - just noticed it during the re-watch.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:00 pm 
Vice Admiral

On Floyd pushing a non existing key while dialing a phone number:

IslandHopper wrote:
Additional flubs for "All Roads Lead To Floyd."

2. When Floyd is using the public telephone by the road, watch him dial the telephone number to confirm his flight reservation. He dials [1], [2], [3], [5], [6], [3], [2] and then turns slightly to his left and takes his eye off of the key pad and tries to push the [1], but misses and pushes the flat panel to the left of the [1] as if he were pressing a number. This is hilarious. This is another one of my favorite flubs.

Exactly. :lol: I saw that two since I`m always looking closely at the numbers being dialed. And to me it also looks like he tries to push the non existing button twice.

Anyway the Hawaiian numbers being dialed in the show usually consist of 7 digits. Here we have 8 or even 9. That certainly doesn´t make a flub. I just noticed.

Last edited by Danny Lin on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:12 pm 
Vice Admiral

On paging "Mr. Doug Ibold":

Jay-Firestorm wrote:
By the way, regarding the paging of Doug Ibold, I put on the subtitles on the DVD, and it gives the page as “Mr. Doug Ival”. I think Ibold is right though, as I’ve noticed one or two slight errors in the subtitles.

I fact the subtitle gives the page as "Mr Ival,..." only (without "Doug") while the page it self says: "Mr. Doug Ibold" or "Mr. Doug Ival". One could guess that the people making the subtitles of some reason just didn´t get to know that the page was supposed to be "Mr. Doug Ibold" and that they just didn´t consider it to be important to be precise about the paged name.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:40 pm 
Vice Admiral

On Floyd, confirming a flight reservation:

Croix de Lorraine wrote:
Floyd Llewellyn booking a flight over the phone:

'Hello, I would like to book a flight for Saturday'
'What's your name, sir'
'Floyd Llewellyn'
'OK, you're confirmed'

Say what???

In fact the dialogue goes like this:

"Pan Pacific Airlines. May I help you?"
"Er... I´d like to, er... confirm a reservation for Saturday."
"Your name please?"
"Floyd Llewellyn"
"Yes, Mr. Llewellyn, you´re confirmed."
"Yes. Thank You!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:57 pm 
Vice Admiral

On Bull pouring (or not pouring) the shot into the beer:

Rocket wrote:

Flub noted. After Bull gives the bartender his reason on why he will not pay $3.50 for a beer and a shot, he walks away and only takes the beer, while leaving the shot on the bar. Re-watching that scene, he may have poured the shot in the beer but it isn't clear.

Like Rocket I wondered why Bull would leave the shot at the bar and only take away the beer. Since one can´t really see if the shot glass that is left on the bar is empty or not, I rewatched the sequence several times because I know that in certain areas it is common to order a shot and a beer and to pour the shot into the beer instead of consuming both separately. Sometimes the glass containing the shot is even served inside the beer glass!
Rewatching the sequence I found it quite clear from the way Bull moves his right arm and looks down on the glasses (which you can´t see) that he in fact pours the shot into the beer. That would mean: No flub.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:20 pm 
Fleet Admiral

[quote="IslandHopper"]Additional flubs for "All Roads Lead To Floyd."
2. When Floyd is using the public telephone by the road, watch him dial the telephone number to confirm his flight reservation. He dials [1], [2], [3], [5], [6], [3], [2] and then turns slightly to his left and takes his eye off of the key pad and tries to push the [1], but misses and pushes the flat panel to the left of the [1] as if he were pressing a number. This is hilarious. This is another one of my favorite flubs.

There is a very famous telephone flub on the Dick Van Dyke Show. Rob grabs the phone and starts dialing, then while still dialing looks thru the phone book for the number, then cracks up at his mistake along with a part of the studio audience. The producers left it in on purpose as a good bit is a good bit even if by mistake and the scene works even better because a lot of the viewers will only 'get' it on repeated viewings which makes it sweeter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6