Ten Reasons . . .

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Ten Reasons . . .

#1 Post by golfmobile »

Just found this!!! Even mentions the same "Burn Notice" allusion I also made! And mentions "Monk." And it says the same thing we've been saying about how dark and depressing the Jesse Stone character is (though TS is good at it, the movies are still rather . . . . brooding).

Ten Reasons Why TS Should Play TM

SO MANY people feel this way. WHY doesn't Hollywood PTB (powers that be) GET it????

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#2 Post by SelleckLover »

golfmobile wrote:
WHY doesn't Hollywood PTB (powers that be) GET it????
I think I can answer your question, golf. As I am, shall we say, "closer to the action" (that "action" being Hollywood), I can say without fear of being corrected that the PTB probably DO "get it". I can also say without hesitation that our Mr. Selleck has been sort of "black-listed" because of his conservative politics. I sincerely believe that is why he is not a bigger star than he is, and why he has to produce and star in his own productions in order to get work in Hollywood. If you're not out there on the "green' bandwagon, then you are black-balled for sure. Some successful conservative stars include Bruce Willis and Jon Voight. You wonder why Voight hasn't had a bigger career? That's why. There are a bunch of other stars whose names escape me at the moment that fall into this same category. Many of the people TS employs in the Jesse Stone movies I know for a fact, are politically conservative. (Steven Baldwin comes to mind right right now.)
As much as I hate to say this, and I hate to be a downer here, but I think we're beating a dead horse with this Magnum Movie thing. JMHO, and I could be wrong, but I don't think I am! Sorry! :cry:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#3 Post by golfmobile »

SL,

Oh, I know we're beating a dead horse and it will never happen with those of the original cast that are available. I just find it interesting to read of other people's feeling the same way as we do and giving their reasoning. That's why I posted the link to the article. I certainly didn't expect it to have any influence with anyone.

But I certainly appreciate your input from an "insider's" view! Thanks.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#4 Post by SelleckLover »

golf,

I really enjoyed reading that article, BTW.

SL

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Coops »

Yup, add Ron Silver to that list, too. Watch him in "Reversal Of Fortune" and tell me he isn't a top-tier actor. Again, politics...