Magnum P.I. the movie

For discussions about the long-rumored MPI movie

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#61 Post by N1095A »

Italian Ice wrote:I saw someone post this on the Facebook Group...

IS THIS TRUE !?!?!?

Call of the dogs; the rostrum is complete!!

Magnum PI : Trouble In Paradise
(2011 - Universal Studios)

Starring...

Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Sullivan Magnum
George Eads as Rick Orville Wright
Cuba Gooding Jr as Theodore "TC" Calvin (Ooohhh Controversial!!)
and
Derek Jacobi as Johnathon Quayle Higgins.
That would make about as much sense as the rest of this convaluded production.

George Eads, TV actor.
Cuba Godding Jr. , the only name I recognized.
Two other guys I've never heard of.

Dammit (pardon me) do it right!
"But Higgins, I can explain."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#62 Post by golfmobile »

Mike,

I'm with you -- Cuba Gooding, Jr., is the only one I know, too. And I could see him as T.C. -- IF we can't have the originals. Or he could play T.C.'s son, all grown up. Though I also like James Lesure from "Las Vegas" for that role . . . . .

I think that posting was just "someone's" ideal casting (though not ours!). Anyone can post anything about who he/she might want to be in the roles. But since everyone but John Hillerman has come out recently saying he wants to do it and EVERY fan SAYS he/she wants the original cast - FINALLY, MAYBE the "powers that be" will listen. Heck, wouldn't it even be fun to have Carol and Tanaka and anyone else as a regular in the original show who is still alive and willing to make an appearance show up??? THAT's what the fans want and would LOVE!!!! I think the successful sales of the DVDs may have contributed to getting as many of the originals back as possible. It could be done as a "retirement" party for TM and all his former clients and friends show up -- I bet Carol Burnett, Annie Potts, Marcia Straussman, Marcia Wallace, Tyne Daly, Dana Delaney, Ted Danson (oh, no, he died), Andrea Marcovicci -- all the guest stars would be MORE than happy to do it. Then have someone get murdered and TM, TC, and Rick have to solve the mystery. Oh, ONLY if they would listen to us . . . .

Perhaps "original cast" is a little more possible now? I know WE all hope so!

Still, . . . . it just wouldn't be right without Higgins, even if he shows up in a wheelchair and on a respirator for a very brief appearance and has to leave. I can just IMAGINE the audience in a movie theater breaking into raucous applause if he just made one entrance at the end to say, "OH MY GOD!" -- and . . . . curtain.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#63 Post by Agatha »

Oh, NO!! I HOPE not! What's a Facebook Group? Are they be somebody who would KNOW something like this?

NO! NO! NO!

:(
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#64 Post by Agatha »

Trouble in Paradise? Humph! Sounds like a Jesse Stone movie!!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#65 Post by golfmobile »

Agatha,

It WAS (or is) a Jesse Stone book:

Jesse Stone Trouble in Paradise

Actually, it WAS one of the better ones, in my opinion. More action and plot, less self-pity, moroseness, whining-for-Jen, etc.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#66 Post by Agatha »

Amazing! No wonder they can't be original with the cast...they can't even be original with the name!!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#67 Post by SelleckLover »

Jeffrey Dean Morgan kind of looks like a cross between George Clooney and Robert Downey Jr.

George Eads is on one of the CSI shows. He also played "Shorty" in Monte Walsh starring our hero TS.

Kana
Ensign

Movie Cast/Plot

#68 Post by Kana »

If the original cast wasn't used, then the whole premise of the Magnum character would have to change! He would have to be a vet of Desert Storm instead of 'Nam. Kinda hard to have someone who's only 43 be a "Nam vet. Then of course the tropical setting of Hawaii wouldn't make any sense for the military flashbacks, etc.
Now here is the plot twist that I would like to see. Magnum's daughter is now a cop and is accused in a criminal matter (murder?) and Magnum and the team get together to investigate and clear her. It could even be the old arch nemesis Kwan Ki who has set her up! How many of you would like to see THAT as a plot line??

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#69 Post by golfmobile »

Kana,

Welcome to the boards on this great website!

Nice to see you are thinking about the movie about the way we are! You might want to check out this link about a consolidation of a bunch of our ideas we kicked around at one time or another:

MM suggestions on cast/plot, etc.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by lutherhgillis »

I do not know if anyone else has suggested this but how about doing an MPI movie as a prequel ala Star Trek?

Maybe the opening scenes could be TM, TC, and Rick having a cookout at the estate and they begin to reminisce about the 'good old days'.

Just a thought...
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#71 Post by J.J. Walters »

Sequels for seniors are hot right now. Sean Connery is back with Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones 5. Stallone is doing Rambo 5. Lethal Weapon 5 has a script. Mad Max 4 is happening. Terminator 5. Beverly Hills Cop 4.

The A-Team and CHiPs are being made into movies.

There are several good Magnum scripts out there ready to go. Bring in Tom, John, Roger, and Larry and lets get this thing started already!!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sparkle & Fizz
Rear Admiral

#72 Post by Sparkle & Fizz »

Ditto!

:D

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#73 Post by N1095A »

Lethal Weapon 5 Seroiusly? (hanging my head)

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#74 Post by ConchRepublican »

James J. Walters wrote:Sequels for seniors are hot right now. Sean Connery is back with Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones 5. Stallone is doing Rambo 5. Lethal Weapon 5 has a script. Mad Max 4 is happening. Terminator 5. Beverly Hills Cop 4.

The A-Team and CHiPs are being made into movies.

There are several good Magnum scripts out there ready to go. Bring in Tom, John, Roger, and Larry and lets get this thing started already!!
Hollleeee cow! really?????????
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#75 Post by J.J. Walters »

The Sean Connery return hasn't been confirmed yet, but it appears that Indy's dad is being worked into the script. Everything else (Rambo, Lethal Weapon, etc.) is pretty much a go.

Shoot, it wouldn't surprise me if we see Clint Eastwood return for another Dirty Harry movie. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!